Hallelujah!! Finally able to post here!!!

[do...]

Hello everyone! I have not been on the boards in quite sometime because the more I read about withdrawals and the length it made me think I would never heal.

Well, it's been 6 1/2 months there about and I am so happy to be able to report that I am at least 95% recovered!!!

I suffered from nightmarish symptoms after being forced to cold turkey off of benzos after almost 10 years of use. Hallucinations, DTs, sever shaking, muscle spasms, jerks that would throw me to the floor, uncontrollable movements of my jaw and tongue, teeth chattering, tinnitus, paranoia, fear, anxiety, obcessing, hair loss. If it was possible, it happened to me. It makes me so sick at my stomach and fills me full of fear to think about it.

Now, the only symptoms I have left, difficulty falling and staying asleep. I really don't get sleepy. It's strange. I still have a slight tremor in my jaw that causes some.chattering of the teeth at times. Lastly, a few muscle jerks here and there mainly when I try to relax. That's it folks! If I never heal completely, this is doable!

Please tell yourself you will heal! It takes time, a lot of it, but it will happen. I know it's hard to read about all the suffering while dealing with your own personal hell. It's so easy to think you will never heal, never be able to function, never enjoy life anymore. That is just not true.

Today I am more active than ever. The crippling anxiety I had lived with for 10 years, depression, mood swings, GONE! Well, mostly.

The only medications I am still taking are hydroxyzine to help with relaxing for sleep, Requip for restless leg which I suffered from before benzos, and Lamictal. I am going to taper the Lamictal soon. It's more of a crutch right now. I "think" it is helping with that jaw tremor when in reality it probably isn't.

In closing..... healing will come!

Love, hugs, prayers to you all!!!

Congratulations ! I'm glad  you were able to heal so quickly after a cold turkey ....

Wish I had the nerve but I don't . Were you taking klonopin daily ?

MiYu  :smitten:

Oh yes! I was on Xanax for a very long time and then switched to Kpin. I was taking 2mg 3 times per day when I stopped. My Xanax was 2mg 5 times a day.

Congratulations! My heart is full of joy for your healing! Your healing gives me lots of hopes since I also quit cold turkeys and possibly kindled. I only took Ativan for short time but suffers horrible withdrawals. . I am also getting better and hope that my recovery and healing continues.

Sending you my love and heartfelt prayers for continuous healing and complete recovery!

Pi

Did your tinnitus go away?  If so, how did it disappear?  It has been my worst symptom.  I hear a constant hissing which fluctuates in loudness.  I'm so afraid it will be permanent.  :'(

Did your tinnitus go away?  If so, how did it disappear?  It has been my worst symptom.  I hear a constant hissing which fluctuates in loudness.  I'm so afraid it will be permanent.  :'(

Yes. It is gone. I was worried that mine would not go away as well because I had read of people's who did not. In my case it had went on so long that I started to get use to it being there. I would say sometime during the fourth month is about when I noticed it was not happening or was happening only on occasion.

The best way to control that symptom is keeping white noise around you. A fan in my bedroom helped a lot with it at night. I kept the tv on whether I was watching it or not. I found that not only with this symptom bit with many of them staying busy and keeping your mind occupied makes coping a lot easier. The more you focus on a particular symptom the more pronounced it becomes.

I wish you the best. Hang in there. You will heal.

Hello everyone! I have not been on the boards in quite sometime because the more I read about withdrawals and the length it made me think I would never heal.

Well, it's been 6 1/2 months there about and I am so happy to be able to report that I am at least 95% recovered!!!

I suffered from nightmarish symptoms after being forced to cold turkey off of benzos after almost 10 years of use. Hallucinations, DTs, sever shaking, muscle spasms, jerks that would throw me to the floor, uncontrollable movements of my jaw and tongue, teeth chattering, tinnitus, paranoia, fear, anxiety, obcessing, hair loss. If it was possible, it happened to me. It makes me so sick at my stomach and fills me full of fear to think about it.

Now, the only symptoms I have left, difficulty falling and staying asleep. I really don't get sleepy. It's strange. I still have a slight tremor in my jaw that causes some.chattering of the teeth at times. Lastly, a few muscle jerks here and there mainly when I try to relax. That's it folks! If I never heal completely, this is doable!

Please tell yourself you will heal! It takes time, a lot of it, but it will happen. I know it's hard to read about all the suffering while dealing with your own personal hell. It's so easy to think you will never heal, never be able to function, never enjoy life anymore. That is just not true.

Today I am more active than ever. The crippling anxiety I had lived with for 10 years, depression, mood swings, GONE! Well, mostly.

The only medications I am still taking are hydroxyzine to help with relaxing for sleep, Requip for restless leg which I suffered from before benzos, and Lamictal. I am going to taper the Lamictal soon. It's more of a crutch right now. I "think" it is helping with that jaw tremor when in reality it probably isn't.

Thank you Donna  :thumbsup: Awesome and Inspiring post...  :smitten:  Coming back and posting stories of success are soooo helpful for us that still have a way to go... Yes we all have bad days when we think we will never heal...It takes great courage to push thru those days ...this is a fight to get ours lives back...and when we do get our lives back~ many say it's better than ever! 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats Donna, so happy for you!  Can I ask.  Why did you have to go cold turkey?  I’m terrified if my doctor or insurance ever did this to me.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations Donna!

your story gives me hope.

I often go to the place suggested by doctors..."Its all in my head" meaning its my weakness.

And since the psychiatric drugs work on our brain, I was partially right. What a merry-go-round!

Blessings as your life resumes.

tommy