11 months off!

[Kl...]

Hey buddies!

Month 11 was a tale of extremes. Some great windows and some tough waves. Overall though huge improvement from a month ago.

I had the 10th month wave that lasted a couple weeks. Then a better week followed by a crappier one. The crappier one had 3 1/2 days of feeling close to normal however. I had a rough day yesterday and today has been great! I believe (hope) I am at a new baseline that is pretty good.

I've had some sx come back however this last week, morning muscle pain and rushes when trying to sleep in. These were gone for 2+ months. A week later and they have already gotten better so maybe they will leave again soon.

My personality and wit are coming back, the ability to talk to strangers comfortably, energy, motivation, enthusiasm are returning. I've had days were I didn't think about wd and was excited about life and things I enjoy again a bit.

Im also planning on going back to work in just over a week. I feel the sx I've been having for the most part are tolerable now aside from the occasional bad wave. It's time to get back into some normal life again. It may take me a little while to adjust but I know I'm getting closer to the end.

I feel like ive been seeing noticeable improvement every week. I am excited to see where I am at the 1 year mark in a few weeks!

It is getting better, finally, so don't give up and stay strong! I have that confidence now that healing is happening  :thumbsup:

Good luck buddies!

Congrats Klungo! You're doing great!!

Thanks soulman,. getting there slowly!

This is exciting!  Thanks, Klungo!

Thanks ComingHome, it is exciting, need to strong a little longer!

Good luck in month 12!

Thank you FallingStar, need all the luck I can get!

Hey buddies!

Month 11 was a tale of extremes. Some great windows and some tough waves. Overall though huge improvement from a month ago.

I had the 10th month wave that lasted a couple weeks. Then a better week followed by a crappier one. The crappier one had 3 1/2 days of feeling close to normal however. I had a rough day yesterday and today has been great! I believe (hope) I am at a new baseline that is pretty good.

I've had some sx come back however this last week, morning muscle pain and rushes when trying to sleep in. These were gone for 2+ months. A week later and they have already gotten better so maybe they will leave again soon.

My personality and wit are coming back, the ability to talk to strangers comfortably, energy, motivation, enthusiasm are returning. I've had days were I didn't think about wd and was excited about life and things I enjoy again a bit.

Im also planning on going back to work in just over a week. I feel the sx I've been having for the most part are tolerable now aside from the occasional bad wave. It's time to get back into some normal life again. It may take me a little while to adjust but I know I'm getting closer to the end.

I feel like ive been seeing noticeable improvement every week. I am excited to see where I am at the 1 year mark in a few weeks!

It is getting better, finally, so don't give up and stay strong! I have that confidence now that healing is happening  :thumbsup:

Good luck buddies!

Hiya Klungo - well done! Great to see how improved everything is for you. Watched your three videos and, even by appearance, there is a huge positive difference between months 9 and month 11 ;):thumbsup:

A thing that struck me was in your middle video when you mentioned that you were prescribed a muscle relaxant and how your sleep improved to an "unreal" extent etc. So I was wondering if, when you stopped taking the relaxant, that the wave which caught up with you around the same period, may have followed from that?!

From what I've read about muscle relaxants, there is also a potential dependence effect.

Just wondering out loud ;)

Well done again - and look forward to your next update :):thumbsup:

Thanks nightwatch!

The flexiril helped sleep for sure however it seems I was at point where sleep was good anyway now by the looks of it. It just made me sleep longer. My sleep and mornings have gotten worse again and I tried one to see if it would help and it didn't. So I'm not sure they did as much as I thought. I've not been taking it for weeks now though, I didn't like the groggy feeling after. My back pain cleared up so I stopped taking it. Everything I've read suggests it doesn't cause dependence but yes, I didn't want to chance it.

After having such a great day yesterday I'm back feeling rough this morning again. This is so hard, but with the windows I've been having I need to keep on pushing.

Hello Klungo,

I am so happy for your continuous improvement and recovery. Thank you so much for posting your progress. It is very inspirational and help me maintain hope and patience that in time, I will also heal and completely recover from a two cold turkeys of short term Ativan use.

Sending you much love and heartfelt prayers for continuous healing and recovery.

Pi

...After having such a great day yesterday I'm back feeling rough this morning again. This is so hard, but with the windows I've been having I need to keep on pushing.

I fully get that. Me too- ups/downs. But there is a definite feeling of "home stretch" there all the same and these 'dips' are in line with expectations as set out by Ashton and by those who went before us.

Like you, there is rarely a week goes by these days without some positive signal. In may ways the frustration is also up a bit, paradoxically because we know we are feeling better - but not quite there yet.

Stay positive and keep posting ;)

All the very best  :thumbsup:

Congrats to you Klungo! Hope all goes well with your return to work. So glad to hear your energy and enthusiasm are coming back! That's awesome.

...After having such a great day yesterday I'm back feeling rough this morning again. This is so hard, but with the windows I've been having I need to keep on pushing.

I fully get that. Me too- ups/downs. But there is a definite feeling of "home stretch" there all the same and these 'dips' are in line with expectations as set out by Ashton and by those who went before us.

Like you, there is rarely a week goes by these days without some positive signal. In may ways the frustration is also up a bit, paradoxically because we know we are feeling better - but not quite there yet.

Stay positive and keep posting ;)

All the very best  :thumbsup:

Thanks Nightwatch! today has been a bit better thankfully. Hoping that wave is easing up.

Congrats to you Klungo! Hope all goes well with your return to work. So glad to hear your energy and enthusiasm are coming back! That's awesome.

Thanks Teegirl, I'm nervous but if I feel fairly good it will be ok. Though having seen a rough day I know they will come up again. It's only 6 days til I go back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just 13 days til a year, 11.5 months. Things are not going so great this last week or two. I've had a few close to normal 100% days but the rest have been poor to horrible.

I was expecting a lot better by now. Hopefully things will turn at 1 year :/

The days I've been back I've felt good fortunately and it's been nice to be back with a focus on something. I'm curious to see how this week goes since I should be here every day.

• 1 year later...

Soulman, I cannot seem to find s more recent post from you.

But OI sure did try and I hope you do read this.

I want to help you but my ability to PM is currently limited for some reason.

I so want to hep you.

If you read this, search for MY name and respond there. I just posted a second Success Story and if it is approved it will appear under that heading. I hope it is because my story is compelling...and scary to boot.

Hang on my friend,

east