Author Topic: 11 months off!  (Read 1642 times)

[Buddie]

11 months off!
« on: August 28, 2017, 11:54:21 pm »
Hey buddies!

Month 11 was a tale of extremes. Some great windows and some tough waves. Overall though huge improvement from a month ago.

I had the 10th month wave that lasted a couple weeks. Then a better week followed by a crappier one. The crappier one had 3 1/2 days of feeling close to normal however. I had a rough day yesterday and today has been great! I believe (hope) I am at a new baseline that is pretty good.

I've had some sx come back however this last week, morning muscle pain and rushes when trying to sleep in. These were gone for 2+ months. A week later and they have already gotten better so maybe they will leave again soon.

My personality and wit are [...] back, the ability to talk to strangers comfortably, energy, motivation, enthusiasm are returning. I've had days were I didn't think about wd and was excited about life and things I enjoy again a bit.

Im also planning on going back to work in just over a week. I feel the sx I've been having for the most part are tolerable now aside from the occasional bad wave. It's time to get back into some normal life again. It may take me a little while to adjust but I know I'm getting closer to the end.

I feel like ive been seeing noticeable improvement every week. I am excited to see where I am at the 1 year mark in a few weeks!

It is getting better, finally, so don't give up and stay strong! I have that confidence now that healing is happening  :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/xiU3IGqNm4o

Good luck buddies!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 11 months off!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 12:10:28 am »
Congrats [...]! You're doing great!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:50:03 am »
This is exciting!  Thanks, [...]!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 04:47:11 am »
Good luck in month 12!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 03:31:06 pm »
Congrats [...]! You're doing great!!

Thanks [...],. getting there slowly!

This is exciting!  Thanks, [...]!

Thanks [...], it is exciting, need to strong a little longer!

Good luck in month 12!

Thank you [...], need all the luck I can get!

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 04:53:10 pm »
Hey buddies!

Month 11 was a tale of extremes. Some great windows and some tough waves. Overall though huge improvement from a month ago.

I had the 10th month wave that lasted a couple weeks. Then a better week followed by a crappier one. The crappier one had 3 1/2 days of feeling close to normal however. I had a rough day yesterday and today has been great! I believe (hope) I am at a new baseline that is pretty good.

I've had some sx come back however this last week, morning muscle pain and rushes when trying to sleep in. These were gone for 2+ months. A week later and they have already gotten better so maybe they will leave again soon.

My personality and wit are [...] back, the ability to talk to strangers comfortably, energy, motivation, enthusiasm are returning. I've had days were I didn't think about wd and was excited about life and things I enjoy again a bit.

Im also planning on going back to work in just over a week. I feel the sx I've been having for the most part are tolerable now aside from the occasional bad wave. It's time to get back into some normal life again. It may take me a little while to adjust but I know I'm getting closer to the end.

I feel like ive been seeing noticeable improvement every week. I am excited to see where I am at the 1 year mark in a few weeks!

It is getting better, finally, so don't give up and stay strong! I have that confidence now that healing is happening  :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/xiU3IGqNm4o

Good luck buddies!

Hiya [...] - well done! Great to see how improved everything is for you. Watched your three videos and, even by appearance, there is a huge positive difference between months 9 and month 11 ;) :thumbsup:

A thing that struck me was in your middle video when you mentioned that you were prescribed a muscle relaxant and how your sleep improved to an "unreal" extent etc. So I was wondering if, when you stopped taking the relaxant, that the wave which caught up with you around the same period, may have followed from that?!

From what I've read about muscle relaxants, there is also a potential dependence effect.

Just wondering out loud ;)

Well done again - and look forward to your next update :) :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 05:08:09 pm »
Thanks [...]!

The flexiril helped sleep for sure however it seems I was at point where sleep was good anyway now by the looks of it. It just made me sleep longer. My sleep and mornings have gotten worse again and I tried one to see if it would help and it didn't. So I'm not sure they did as much as I thought. I've not been taking it for weeks now though, I didn't like the groggy feeling after. My back pain cleared up so I stopped taking it. Everything I've read suggests it doesn't cause dependence but yes, I didn't want to chance it.

After having such a great day yesterday I'm back feeling rough this morning again. This is so hard, but with the windows I've been having I need to keep on pushing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 06:29:35 pm »
Hello [...],
I am so happy for your continuous improvement and recovery. Thank you so much for posting your progress. It is very inspirational and help me maintain hope and patience that in time, I will also heal and completely recover from a two cold turkeys of short term Ativan use.

Sending you much love and heartfelt prayers for continuous healing and recovery.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 12:37:04 am »

...After having such a great day yesterday I'm back feeling rough this morning again. This is so hard, but with the windows I've been having I need to keep on pushing.

I fully get that. Me too- ups/downs. But there is a definite feeling of "home stretch" there all the same and these 'dips' are in line with expectations as set out by Ashton and by those who went before us.

Like you, there is rarely a week goes by these days without some positive signal. In may ways the frustration is also up a bit, paradoxically because we know we are feeling better - but not quite there yet.

Stay positive and keep posting ;)

All the very best  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 01:55:50 pm »
Congrats to you [...]! Hope all goes well with your return to work. So glad to hear your energy and enthusiasm are [...] back! That's awesome.