Do you get the clenching stomach thing with anixety?

[Mu...]

I don't really know how else to describe the sensation. It feels like my stomach is clenching, or maybe like a knot? Idk. Freaks me out. Anyone else?

Yes!  I had Gi issues before benzos but, these symptoms seems different.  Pain under both sides of my rib cage and under sternum, too.  Hard to figure out if it's muscles tightening from benzo wd or my old GI issues.  I go to a physical therapist who does abdominal visceral work and he can feel how tight this area gets.  His work helps relax it for awhile.  Acupuncture helps for a while, too.  It's soooo painful...ugh.

• 5 weeks later...
Yep.  It's probably a combination of extreme muscle tension from benzo withdrawal combined with sort of involuntary clenching from the stress and anxiety of dealing with all the withdrawal symptoms.

• 2 weeks later...
Yea before benzo never had stomache issues, now have terrible GI problems and the left side of my stomach constantly feels tensed and like my muscles cannot relax.

• 3 months later...

I don't really know how else to describe the sensation. It feels like my stomach is clenching, or maybe like a knot? Idk. Freaks me out. Anyone else?

I have this in both my stomach and chest. I absolutely hate it. I have been struggling with this insane tightness for almost 10 years now (on benzos bf I decided to taper and quit). I am hoping this awful SX eventually dissipates the longer I am off the drug, but only time will tell I suppose.