Back pain support thread

[So...]

I have terrible burning. Pain in my muscles in my mid back ,and also in my spine .msoemtimes it's pain , but mostly I'd describe it as burning pain ...its awful , I haven't found anything to relieve it as it seems that the Valium makes it worse .....

Count me in!

Severe back and neck pain since stopping the benzo. Can you all describe your pain?.....right now mine feels like the muscles are squeezing and tight.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh count me in here, sciatica on and of all the way ever since tolerance and began 3_4 years ago, upper back lower back nerve muscle joint pain and tightness everywhere on my back. I hate this, and I nearly thought I was healed two months ago, and I off course overdid a lot of stuff and it throw into this damn back pain wave again. :tickedoff:

It's been my most persistent symptom all the way and I'm soon 10 months out.

Big hugs to everyone :smitten:

Mercy! I wish I was "out" from a taper...meaning, off the stuff like most of you. My signature says enough. It's been miserable, at best. My back has been a mess since an injury in '08 when I had to have surgery. Bad car accident. Surgery helped a lot, but things go so much worse again as I started to taper off a mega dose of klonopin for a mega number of years. THEN, I hurt my back again and had a second surgery last year. Right in the middle of the taper, but all hell has broken loose. Tons of tightness and soreness in my entire back. Gotta love trauma while tapering :) . I see a phys. therapist who practices manipulation, and he's been great but I can't afford to go to him as often as I should. I've found that large doses of epsom salt baths do help quite a bit and at least make the nights bearable. I look forward to seeing what everyone else does for pain, etc.

My best to all!!

• 1 month later...
It seems over the last month I've traded all my mental symptoms for pain symptoms. Specifically back,  down the outside of thighs and calves. So very painfull.. Nothing helping. Don't know if it's cramping or just pain.

I got a prescription for Flexeril, a muscle relaxer, from a dentist I went to for TMJ and jaw clenching.  I have been using it quite a bit lately and it really really helps.  My neck and shoulders can get very painful to move and will eventually give me migraine.  Some mornings, especially if I use it for more than one night in a row, I get dizzy in the morning, and a bit of vertigo and sometimes some DP too.  Honestly,  I'll take that in exchange for the pain that I've been feeling. 

• 3 months later...

Yes!

Upper back and neck is so tight all the time. Is there anything that helps you?

Yin yoga is one thing that helps me a little. Most of it is just laying on the floor and breathing and relaxing. I can't get any painkillers or muscle relaxants, because I have some history with drug problems.

My back neck and shoulders are so jammed up it feels like I'm being crushed and pulled apart at the same time.

Mid back and bit between shoulder blades are horrendous - feels like being suffocated 24/7.

Does anyone have extreme tightness at top of neck that pulls head back and makes face tight and numb?

This is just hell isn't it.

I'm sorry you are all suffering too.

• 1 month later...
Go to muscle pain and support group in the support groups section.  All kinds of great information there.  Mostly about back pain.  Good luck :)

I've been going to acupuncture and it really helps with the pain, only it just doesn't last long.  I've had this pain since the summer now.  My acupuncturist says the knot in my shoulder feels so hard it feels likes a bone. 

Muscle pain support group, it's a big support group mostly about back pain and has lots of information.  It's in the same section you are in now, just scroll down :) it's one of my favorite sections because I have a lot of back pain too. :)