Really suffering horrendously

[ne...]

Hi!  Ever since week 3 of being totally off all my psych meds (Gabapentin 2years), (Zoplicone 1.75 years), (Seroquel 9 months) and (Remeron 9 weeks) my w/d symptoms have been getting steadily worse day by day.  The burning, tingling, numbness, vibrations throughout body and head, chronic insomnia (no sleep most nights and days sometimes 4 weeks), adrenaline surges, heart palpitations, myoclonic jerks, burning brain, hearing difficulties, blurry vision, dp/dr, muscle tension and pain, abdominal pain and the list goes on. 

The night before last I was able 2 get about 6 hours sleep after nothing 4 6 nights and days and yesterday I had relatively few symptoms all day.  Then last night again all the horrendously intense symptoms came back again when I went 2 bed.  This seems 2 b a pattern now.  I go 4 about 4-6 nights with absolutely no sleep day or night and debilitating symptoms day and night then I get a window where the symptoms die down 4 about 24 hours then come back with a vengeance and don't let up 4 several days and nights.  During this time I am almost completely incapacitated and feel like I am either going 2 die or drop dead at any moment. 

Should there not b at least a slight improvement in my symptoms by now and should they not b getting a little less intense?  Instead I feel they r just getting worse as time goes by.  Please can anyone share some light on why I feel this will never get better due to my ongoing, completely debilitating symptoms.  I don't know how much more of this my mind and body can take. 

I'm so sorry to see you suffering so much. You are in acute withrawl from remeron and it can take sometimes a few months to get a bit better.

What was the dose when you jumped off from remeron?

Vica

Hi!  I was taking 2.25 mg. per day of Remeron when I jumped off it.  Also, I was at 5 mg. per day when I jumped off Seroquel about 10 months ago so I could b w/d from both the Remeron and Seroquel.  My w/d symptoms r horrendous at the moment 2 the point I don't know how much more of this I can tolerate.  My symptoms r chronic insomnia, burning, tingling, numbness, vibrations throughout body and head, adrenaline surges, myoclonic jerks, blurry vision, hearing difficulties, dp/dr, feeling like I am going insane or will drop dead at any moment etc.  I needed 2 get off these poisons a.s.a.p. as I was very paradoxical 2 them and they had just stopped working throwing me into tolerance. 

At the present time I am going through a horrendous protracted w/d and don't know how much more of this I can tolerate.  I am terrified I will never recover from this. 

Hey..this makes me sad.  Most people here can relate to the intense body sensations..and everything else.  I feel the fuzzy head right now,  it's distracting.  You're not alone.  Maybe finding a group recovery program will make you feel better. 

Im sure you will find peace at some point,  it can get better.

• 1 year later...
Hi, I was just scrolling thru posts and ran across yours.  Don’t know if you are still on here or not but just wondered how you are and if you got better.  I am struggling.