plantar fasciitis pain bottom of foot to the extreme

[lo...]

Ever since i got off 14 months ago i have extreme pain in the bottom of My right foot ( ball of foot) like plantar fasciitis almost can't stand on it slowly im healing but this really is not going away ,never had it before benzo's allready have it checked out but they can't find anything.

Anyone had this? Please if this goes away i could start beginning to train for strenght .....please someone.

I had plantar fasciitis really bad years ago. It wasn't related to withdrawal since I was still taking benzos at the time. I can sympathize with you. It's not fun.  One thing I did to alleviate the pain was to take a 16 ounce spring water bottle and freeze it. I would take the frozen bottle and roll it under my foot. It helped. I also found some stretches on the internet that gave some relief too.  Also, wear shoes with good supportive soles.  I hope it goes away soon!

For the most part it went away on it's own. I had been working in a building that had just carpet over cement floors, and I was wearing shoes that looked nice but didn't do much else.  I started wearing shoes with thicker more cushioning soles. I think that may have played a part in it.  There are these boot/splint things that you can buy to wear at night. They stretch out the foot and the calf overnight, and I think they are supposed to actually work. Getting one of those was going to be my next step, but I never needed it. I would look into the night boot/splint. The frozen water bottle really helped too.  It's a really painful problem, and I hope you get relief soon.

How long did you have it in total?

You think its benzowidrawal related du tot muscle weakness i have now?

Thanks for your support

How long did you have it in total?

You think its benzowidrawal related du tot muscle weakness i have now?

Thanks for your support

I think I had it for about a year. There are several common causes of plantar fasciitis.  In my case I'm pretty sure it was environmental. 

I've had this a couple of times. If you take very good care of your feet, I'm sure you can get rid of it.

Go to a really good quality shoe store. A good shoe store will know what you need. Get some comfortable supportive shoes to wear around the house so you aren't ever walking barefoot. If you don't have good quality supportive shoes to wear during the day, get some. I've had very good luck with the insoles that you heat up and put in your shoe so it forms to your feet--they were a life saver for me!

Maker sure you aren't sitting on your feet, or holding it in a weird position. Get up every now and then a walk around a bit (in good shoes!). If it is really bad, you might invest in a pair of crutches to give your foot a break.

This likely won't go away immediately, but will fade with the right care. Good luck! it is painful and debilitating.

My partner had this really bad around the same time you did.  It was both a benzo symptom and due to taking long walks in just a pair of birkenstocks.  We tried a couple different types of insoles that are made for plantar fasciitis and it slowly started to heal.

I've been having this on and off during my taper and I do think it is in part, exacerbated by withdrawal.  I'm not sure if it is completely caused by it or not but it definitely seems to be happening as a part of my withdrawal. I also had it years ago, and I was also tapering then too, so I do think that there is a connection. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ever since i got off 14 months ago i have extreme pain in the bottom of My right foot ( ball of foot) like plantar fasciitis almost can't stand on it slowly im healing but this really is not going away ,never had it before benzo's allready have it checked out but they can't find anything.

Anyone had this? Please if this goes away i could start beginning to train for strenght .....please someone.

The problem is likely some tight tissue in your calf.  When your calf is knotted up, it pulls on the thin muscular "sheath" under your foot, which is your plantar fascia.  if you, or better someone else as this will be extremely painful, hunt around your calf for some tight tissue/knots... press on the knot aggressively (or as much as you can stand) for 1-2 mins. 

Most Physical Therapist and Podiatrist will tell you to roll it on a golf ball etc... frozen water bottle.  But these are purely symptom based approaches and your PF will return.

• 2 months later...
I have had this for a total of 26 months now. I believe mine is from withdrawal. I have tried everything and it will not go away. Even bought special braces to sleep in.

I have severe pain in my left foot. It is toward the heal but right in my Arch. You would swear my foot was broken when I hobble around. I too have had MRIs and there's nothing but inflammation in the tendon. When I think back to when my tolerance withdrawal started, it was odd tendonitisis that popped up everywhere. They were random and debilitating, and then would disappear. I'm at 20 months now. I had hoped this would be over.

The problem is likely some tight tissue in your calf.  When your calf is knotted up, it pulls on the thin muscular "sheath" under your foot, which is your plantar fascia.  if you, or better someone else as this will be extremely painful, hunt around your calf for some tight tissue/knots... press on the knot aggressively (or as much as you can stand) for 1-2 mins. 

Most Physical Therapist and Podiatrist will tell you to roll it on a golf ball etc... frozen water bottle.  But these are purely symptom based approaches and your PF will return.

All depends on what you do. Stretches & Lacrosse balls really help with the occasional flareups I still get from my PF.

First, as upthread said, get Good Shoes, and possibly inserts for them.

Second - I suggest a Lacrosse ball for rolling not just the bottoms of your feet, but also your calves. They're cheap, don't require freezing, you can juggle them, they're more durable than golf balls and they're harder than tennis balls.

Third - Get a hold of a list of stretches for PF - many of these will involve having your foot pointed at a wall and moving your knee slowly towards the wall to stretch things out.

• 1 month later...
I had almost the exact same thing in my foot when I was at 6 months off and it lasted about 16 months . I really thought it was not going away . Nothing I did helped , but sometimes it switched feet , that's how I knew it wasn't an injury , but it was part of the recovery process .

I had almost the exact same thing in my foot when I was at 6 months off and it lasted about 16 months . I really thought it was not going away . Nothing I did helped , but sometimes it switched feet , that's how I knew it wasn't an injury , but it was part of the recovery process .

so it's gone now for you? How far off are you?

• 2 weeks later...
Years ago I had daily foot pain from standing on cement floors 8 hours a day.  I was shown some stretches to do.  As soon as my feet hit the floor in the a.m. I would 'lean' forward, bending the knee, and up onto the toes and ball of the foot,  stretching the bottom of the foot.  It helped a lot, but it took about a week to really see results.  I did it for years, and still do when that particular pain comes back.