Yay me!! 1 year benzo-free

[gu...]

One year and I am doing GREAT! Can't say that I have any benzo withdrawal symptoms to speak of. I will say that I seem permanently changed by the introduction of CNS suppressants into my mental/nervous system. I just don't seem to get the same kick out of life that I once did, but that could also be lingering back pain issues...hard to really enjoy life when you can't do the things you used to do (golf, travel, surf, ski, hike, etc).

But that said, everyone needs to know that there is a good, normal life after kicking benzos. Maybe you don't want to cold-turkey quit like I did, but find a way, suck it up, and do it. Then, never take another one. Then come back on the forum every now and then and give TC and WonderWoman a hard time.  (ahhh, it's the little things....)

[move]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/arnie_1111/thDans.gif[/move]

...... chicka bow chicka bow bow... :D  ..GO BOB!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

..BTW next time you come to my blog ...ya better bring flowers! :tickedoff: ...or ya won't be my imaginary BF anymore. :P:angel:....PS I like yellow roses.. ;D

Yippee!  By the way, that 'kick out of life' will come back.  That is part of this process....really.  :thumbsup:

Patty  xo

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! Don't worry, you'll start enjoying life again. I've been off 10 days now and I'm already starting to.

Go Bob...get busy.....we have Village People band practice soon....

Congrats on kicking the benzos butt....and being symptom free one year out... :yippee:

TC

Hi Bob, :)

Everytime I cross by one of your posts, I laugh.  What a breath of fresh air.  Hey, is that why you were chosen to be the 'Ultra Super Secret Chief Modulator' of BB?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyhow, it's a pleasure having you here, and congratulation on your 1 year benzo free life!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Shelly :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Bob:

Congratulations on being sort of normal.  Leaving you a kick in the ankle for old time's sake.

ntw

Dayum! Will you leave my ankles alone! And for your information, I'm more than halfway normal, thank you.

Hello Guitarbob,

Congratulations! So happy you are 1 year free from all this nonsense. Way to go.

Thanks for the 2 top ten lists you have shared with the BB group. Truck sent me the "Top ten best things about withdrawal" and recently saw the "Spending too much time on the forum" Top 10 list. Wanted to let you know I read them often and they are very helpful.

You are quite the inspiration.

Summer

Uh Bob....how's the life of the top secret modulator?  Is that like a James Bond style position?

TC

Picture more of a Maxwell Smart style position. Then divide it by 4. (I gotta ask Colin for a promotion ???)

Thanks Summermeadow.

Yeah, I do believe I was more clever during withdrawal when I came up with all those lists than I am now. Seems I couldn't think my way out of a paper bag these days. Well, I guess I rather be healthy and stupid than clever and whacked out (ie: TC).

Congratulations Bob - one year off the poison and doing just fine.  So pleased for you and hopeful that in six months I too can post a true success story.

When I first came to BB the banter between you and TC made me laugh on some rough days - great to see it back! :thumbsup: