The Time is Now

[...]

Hi Folks,

I've been here for quite awhile now, 2 1/2 years on Xanax and my tolerance level daily is 1 1/2 mg at bedtime.

I've put off tapering for well over a year and I know it's well beyond time to begin.............I know it's sounds like an excuse, but the reason I'm on is because I'm a caregiver for my mom with dementia and got put on it to help me sleep and stress.

As we all know with this poison, soon the inter dose w/d's start and create havoc and like I've done so many times in my life, I put the cart ahead of the horse.........If I would have known what I know now, I would have never started on this crap.

Well, my problem is indecision and don't know if I should do a dry/liquid program or all liquid and has anyone had best or worse with either?

Any suggestions?

Hi Folks,

I've been here for quite awhile now, 2 1/2 years on Xanax and my tolerance level daily is 1 1/2 mg at bedtime.

I've put off tapering for well over a year and I know it's well beyond time to begin.............I know it's sounds like an excuse, but the reason I'm on is because I'm a caregiver for my mom with dementia and got put on it to help me sleep and stress.

As we all know with this poison, soon the inter dose w/d's start and create havoc and like I've done so many times in my life, I put the cart ahead of the horse.........If I would have known what I know now, I would have never started on this crap.

Well, my problem is indecision and don't know if I should do a dry/liquid program or all liquid and has anyone had best or worse with either?

Any suggestions?

It really doesn't matter.  Liquid is used because it allows you to make much smaller measurements and dosages/reductions.  It does;t really have any effect on the efficacy of the med.

At your relatively small dose (1.5mg) it would probably be more convenient to take the whole dose as liquid.

I did a combo of tablets and liquid until I got down to 3mg (V), then went to all liquid.

Thanks,

I've read when folks are going the liquid route, a daily reduction of 1ml is normally done.

Would a reduction of 2ml daily be too aggressive?

Thanks,

I've read when folks are going the liquid route, a daily reduction of 1ml is normally done.

Would a reduction of 2ml daily be too aggressive?

Without knowing the ratio (mg per ml) the numbers 1ml and 2ml really mean nothing.  Your are trying to taper milligrams of med.

But assuming you are talking about a 1mg per 100ml, then 1ml/day is 1%/day, or 30% per month...pretty agressive.  2ml/day would be 60%/month.  That would be unrealistic for  most folks.

You need to choose a % cut rate, like 10% per 2 14 days, then convert that to mgs and mls.

No Builder. That's way off. We're both on totally different wave lengths. That is not how much I'm taking at all.And as far as the liquid working, it works well I have no anxiety now.Did you ask if a 2 ml drop would be too aggressive? The 1 ml is. It's not your fault but you're confused and that's my fault for not being able to articulate the amount I'm taking,  by typing. Why don't you give me a quick call and at least we can get on the same page. And my post is in the liquid titration section. I assure you that we can have a brief friendly conversation and maybe you can solve this.Would greatly be appreciated.

I'm a little confused here, no offense ativanguy, but I asked the initial, "would reducing by 2ml daily as opposed to 1ml of Xanax be too aggressive?" And I was going to use 300ml water per 1.5 mg..........I would consider making a 7 day batch.

Anyway, thanks Builder, I guess I'll go the slow route and take it easy.

Would the extra 150 ml of water make any difference?

Thanks

• Popular Now