Do you find that you post more when times are difficult?

[Bl...]

I find that personally i tend to ise this forum more when things are going terrible with my sxs.  I find that when things are going well in my life i tend to post less and think less about my condition.  Ironically, when i am not feeling well and need support, there is much that i read scares the crap out of me.  Even the success stories are filled with teports of many years of pain and suffering.  I have yet to come across a story where the author says "wow this taper is going very smoothly" or "i am pleased with the lack of wd sxs i have been experiencing."  It just has me wondering if the stories on this forum are representative of everyone trying to taper from long term benzo use?  Are the horror stories what i am surely doomed to experience in the years to come?...or do i generally see stories from the worst of the worst cases going through their most difficult times?  What are your thoughts?

Yes, definitely, I post more when times are difficult. As you can see from the number of times I've written posts, it's been very difficult. But who wants to be on here when they're feeling really well? It's fraught with suffering here. It can be downright scary to read some posts. But it really helps when I'm not feeling well. I feel more comfortable suffering with others.

It's not surprising that people come to a support forum when they need support but get out there and live their lives when they feel better.  In any support forum, things are going to be skewed toward the miserable end of the spectrum.  We should bear this in mind lest we ourselves become more miserable.  Some of us may say we no longer come here for support, that we've recovered and things are going well.  I disagree.  I think everyone here, including me, are coming here for support and comfort or we wouldn't be here at all.  The proof of that is in the numbers of prior members who have vanished.  Good for them!

[ae...]
i stop posting when i am in deep withdrawal. i can only browse old threads in that state (and, incidentally, that is the *only* thing i can do in that state) and find it difficult to seek advice/comfort. i lose all hope and feel that no one can really say anything to help me. i post a lot when i am doing OK.

[ae...]

i post a lot when i am doing OK.

... and mostly it is advice that i freely give to folks in withdrawal. the advice i give is precisely of the sort i avoid reading when i am in withdrawal. (i think my brain is subconsciously seeking revenge.)