Maybe you already knew this, but if not it might help someone!

[cu...]

Here's a link to a website I stumbled upon when researching exercise and panic attacks.  It suggests a correlation between lactic acid overload and panic and anxiety.  The latter part of the article suggests that most panic/anxiety sufferers are dehydrated. It's worth a look. Let me know what you think.

http://www.thechurchesofgod.com/HOW%20TO%20STOP%20PANIC%20ATTACKS%20FOREVER.htm

i totattly believe this just bought some g-2 tonight to hydrate myself to see it should help me with w/d symptoms. it helped me through ambien w/d that was hell . but not as much fatigue and sedation as benzo taper. was going to wean off 2mg in many weeks to come . therapist asked me not to wean anymore while I am in therapy for panic anxiety attack counseling. I see his point after session this afternoon and last week one hour after therapy I am having anxiety and panic attacks like I have not had in 3 yrs. vicky

Dehydration causes diseases from arthritis to hypertension...it stands to reason that dehydration can trigger panic attacks.  Belly up to the bar boys...to water that is.  Thanks for the info cupcake.

I know I really need to drink more water. I was drinking a lot of water and it was helping with the high bp and my weight.

God, I love this site!  I honestly don't know what I would do without you all.  And Thank you very much for this particular post.  I think I'll just go save my life with a couple of glasses of water right now!

• 3 weeks later...
I think it would help, if not it certainly couldn't hurt. It would be a good stress/anxiety reliever that's for sure...and the benefits from massage last for several days afterward, too.

I had a panic attack last night. I am also hormonal right now and trying to quit smoking. Not to mention stress overload! Guess what? I haven't been taking care of myself. Looking back over my liquid intake: I'm guessing that I've been averaging about 10-12 oz. of ANY kind of liquids for the last week or so. I feel like dog poop today too, but I am working on getting water in me. I feel better than I did this time last night. It's almost 7 p.m. My panic attack last night was at about 8 p.m.

I know that dehydration can bring on a full blown panic attack in people who've never had one! Good luck Roberta and keep drinking...water that is  :laugh:

Hey Cupcake!

Thanks a whole bunch for the link on lactic acid ....thats makes a whole lot of sense , my calf muscles have been aching like i have been strenuously excercising ...but i havent...and i havent been drinking enough water this week either , my first week of resinstatement to stabilise i drank bottled and felt decent ..this week i havent had so much , and hence aching muscles from the lactic acid

thanks again ...i shall sup all the water i can today and then post to you all from the bathroom tonight lol

hugs

Teresa

Here's a link to a website I stumbled upon when researching exercise and panic attacks.  It suggests a correlation between lactic acid overload and panic and anxiety.  The latter part of the article suggests that most panic/anxiety sufferers are dehydrated. It's worth a look. Let me know what you think.

http://www.thechurchesofgod.com/HOW%20TO%20STOP%20PANIC%20ATTACKS%20FOREVER.htm

Unbelievable! I had no idea what I discovered the same thing! When I would feel anxious (or a Panic Attack) coming on, I would IMMEDIATELY get up, whether I was in bed or not, and get some water. Bottom line: the anxiety would stop within a few minutes to ten (10) minutes. This makes sense and it is a GREAT article.

Thanks cupcake!

so do you think that getting a massage (where they work out lactic acid build up) would help or hurt?

[/quo    te]  AFTER THE  MASSAGE THEY ALWAYS GIVE ME DRINK OF WATER TO LEAVE WITH AND SAY GO HOME DRINK LOTS OF WATER NOW IT MAKES SENSE . I KNOW AFTER MASSAGE I HAVE BECOME NAUSEATED BEFORE MORE THEN ONCE AND IT WAS DUE TO THE LATIC ACID RELEASE HENCE WHY WATER IS SO IMPORTANT. THANKS FOR POST CUPCAKE.

500AM TOMORROW MY ANXIETY TIME GETTING UP DRINKING SOME WATER.

this is an amazing article so true......I remeber I had the flu and went to the er for dehidration they filled me with 3 bags of IV fluid and my heart rate kept creeping up and I ended up getting a panick attack and my HR went up to 190 now that I think about it.......it was the salt in the IV fluid that did that to me like that ladies daughter.......crazy thanks again for shareing......