Author Topic: Maybe you already knew this, but if not it might help someone!  (Read 2450 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Maybe you already knew this, but if not it might help someone!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 11:35:28 pm »
I know that dehydration can bring on a full blown panic attack in people who've never had one! Good luck [...] and keep drinking...water that is  :laugh:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 04:17:57 pm »
Hey [...]!
Thanks a whole bunch for the link on lactic acid ....thats makes a whole lot of sense , my calf muscles have been aching like i have been strenuously excercising ...but i havent...and i havent been drinking enough water this week either , my first week of resinstatement to stabilise i drank bottled and felt decent ..this week i havent had so much , and hence aching muscles from the lactic acid

thanks again ...i shall sup all the water i can today and then post to you all from the bathroom tonight lol

hugs

Teresa
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 12:23:17 am »
Here's a link to a website I stumbled upon when researching exercise and panic attacks.  It suggests a correlation between lactic acid overload and panic and anxiety.  The latter part of the article suggests that most panic/anxiety sufferers are dehydrated. It's worth a look. Let me know what you think.
http://www.thechurchesofgod.com/HOW%20TO%20STOP%20PANIC%20ATTACKS%20FOREVER.htm

Unbelievable! I had no idea what I discovered the same thing! When I would feel anxious (or a Panic Attack) coming on, I would IMMEDIATELY get up, whether I was in bed or not, and get some water. Bottom line: the anxiety would stop within a few minutes to ten (10) minutes. This makes sense and it is a GREAT article.

Thanks [...]!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 11:44:08 pm »
so do you think that getting a massage (where they work out lactic acid build up) would help or hurt?
[/quo    te]   AFTER THE  MASSAGE THEY ALWAYS GIVE ME DRINK OF WATER TO LEAVE WITH AND SAY GO HOME DRINK LOTS OF WATER NOW IT MAKES SENSE . I KNOW AFTER MASSAGE I HAVE BECOME NAUSEATED BEFORE MORE THEN ONCE AND IT WAS DUE TO THE LATIC ACID RELEASE HENCE WHY WATER IS SO IMPORTANT. THANKS FOR POST [...].
500AM TOMORROW MY ANXIETY TIME GETTING UP DRINKING SOME WATER.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 09:53:18 am »
this is an amazing article so true......I remeber I had the flu and went to the er for dehidration they filled me with 3 bags of IV fluid and my heart rate kept creeping up and I ended up getting a panick attack and my HR went up to 190 now that I think about it.......it was the salt in the IV fluid that did that to me like that ladies daughter.......crazy thanks again for shareing......