Author Topic: Maybe you already knew this, but if not it might help someone!  (Read 2451 times)

[Buddie]

Here's a link to a website I stumbled upon when researching exercise and panic attacks.  It suggests a correlation between lactic acid overload and panic and anxiety.  The latter part of the article suggests that most panic/anxiety sufferers are dehydrated. It's worth a look. Let me know what you think.
http://www.thechurchesofgod.com/HOW%20TO%20STOP%20PANIC%20ATTACKS%20FOREVER.htm

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Maybe you already knew this, but if not it might help someone!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:02:30 pm »
thanks [...] good info!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 10:38:13 pm »
Thank you [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 02:24:23 am »
i totattly believe this just bought some g-2 tonight to hydrate myself to see it should help me with w/d symptoms. it helped me through ambien w/d that was hell . but not as much fatigue and sedation as benzo taper. was going to wean off 2mg in many weeks to come . therapist asked me not to wean anymore while I am in therapy for panic anxiety attack counseling. I see his point after session this afternoon and last week one hour after therapy I am having anxiety and panic attacks like I have not had in 3 yrs. vicky

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 07:14:42 pm »
     Dehydration causes diseases from arthritis to hypertension...it stands to reason that dehydration can trigger panic attacks.  Belly up to the bar boys...to water that is.  Thanks for the info [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 01:56:33 am »
I know I really need to drink more water. I was drinking a lot of water and it was helping with the high bp and my weight.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 05:13:00 pm »
God, I love this site!  I honestly don't know what I would do without you all.  And Thank you very much for this particular post.  I think I'll just go save my life with a couple of glasses of water right now!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 08:52:10 pm »
so do you think that getting a massage (where they work out lactic acid build up) would help or hurt?

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 09:50:40 pm »
I think it would help, if not it certainly couldn't hurt. It would be a good stress/anxiety reliever that's for sure...and the benefits from massage last for several days afterward, too.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 10:53:34 pm »
I had a panic attack last night. I am also hormonal right now and trying to quit smoking. Not to mention stress overload! Guess what? I haven't been taking care of myself. Looking back over my liquid intake: I'm guessing that I've been averaging about 10-12 oz. of ANY kind of liquids for the last week or so. I feel like dog poop today too, but I am working on getting water in me. I feel better than I did this time last night. It's almost 7 p.m. My panic attack last night was at about 8 p.m.