Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

13 month Update

[ar...]

Warriors,

I would say I am about 95%+ healed.  The only symptom left is some head discomfort and some minor muscle twitching.  I accepted/surrendered to these last two symptoms and don't give them much attention.  I am back to my athletic shape and feel healthy.  My wife and I haven't been home much this past summer due to vacations and such.  I am almost back to pre benzo.  I promised myself that I would write a success story when I finished a half marathon without any issues and so I will honor that.

My advice is to stay the course with whatever plan is working for you.  Accept your current situation and know it will get better.  Stick with people that will help you be gentle with your body and mind.  Do not get involved with people that will drag you into their constant misery.  Feel free to reply here or PM with questions.  Taper related questions please post here.

Best Wishes.

How absolutely fabulous!! Just what I needed to hear and want to thank you for sharing. Also appreciate the great advice. good luck with the half marathon.  :smitten:

Great stuff...

That "never going to get better" feeling is a real drag...  Hearing from those that have healed is valuable..

Thanks...

Question... -Looking back, would you say that cutting too much at the start, even though short use, was a big part of later difficulties??

Would you speculate on weather going right back up and starting again with the slow taper would have helped??

I think the start of my taper was a big part of my problems... and I often see big initial cuts with those having problems...

Thanks for your thoughts...

Congrats Arcade!

Did switching to MT make your symptoms better during your taper?

You mentioned twitches- did you have Hypnic jerks during the taper? Just asking bc I do and I'd love to hear they will go away!

Any other MT advice?

Thanks and congrats again!

• 2 months later...
I signed up for a 5 mile race for Thanksgiving day.  I am at about 98% healed.  My head discomfort is slowly going away and my muscle twitching is pretty much gone.

"Do not get involved with people that will drag you into their constant misery."

You are so right Arcade - constant complaining and thinking negatively only feeds into more negativity.

I'm thrilled that you are doing so well. VERY ENCOURAGING! THANK YOU!!!

:smitten:

Sleep is getting better.  I wake up a few times per night but I am a light sleeper.  When I wake up I am able to fall back asleep.  If I recall i think I woke up quite a bit pre benzo anyway.  What has helped is not reacting to it.  Accepting it and then falling back to sleep.  I think the average is 6 to 8 hours.  Exercise helps.

When my head discomfort gets worse I think it's a wave but the wave is so weak that I don't really give a shit.  Once you learn to accept the minor stuff it's easy to move on.

[66...]

Thanks for sharing where you’re at, Arcade, and enjoy that run!  To be physically active again is encouraging to read.

Marija