I Understand

[Rx...]

I am happy for the members of this forum who are improving, feeling positive, and perhaps able to do more than others here.  However, I completely understand those who aren't.  I'm more than willing to have anyone on this forum lean on me/vent to me here if they need a friend in that respect.

Quote from Dr. Jennifer Leigh:  "Rarely do people have any idea the depths of hell I have survived and continue to survive as I crawl out of benzo withdrawal syndrome. I have been told to stop talking about it, to snap out of it, and to just think happy thoughts and I would feel better. If only I could have done those things with a broken brain I would have. I am not at fault that I am sick and suffering as I heal, just as anyone suffering a serious illness is at fault for their disease."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Rx...]

• [Re...]

• [Yo...]

• [Lo...]

Hi Rx,

A 'signature' will help others know your history and where you are now without having to ask.  Here's how to add one:

Go to Profile, choose Forum Profile, write your pertinent drug history/taper and click Change Profile.

Thanks!!

Challis

I'm one month off benzos as prescribed, newgrl.  Valium taper refused.  Uninformed cold turkey attempt, 3 day Librium detox, 10 day Phenobarbital detox.  Most definitely not on the other side (aside from being off benzos).  Still struggling horribly myself frankly, but willing to provide empathy, sympathy, and understanding to others in the same boat.

Love your kitty picture by the way, newgrl.

Also love your "Get me outta this place."  Can totally relate to that.

Read your history above.  So sorry to read of your suffering.

I'm one month off benzos as prescribed, newgrl.  Valium taper refused.  Uninformed cold turkey attempt, 3 day Librium detox, 10 day Phenobarbital detox.  Most definitely not on the other side (aside from being off benzos).  Still struggling horribly myself frankly, but willing to provide empathy, sympathy, and understanding to others in the same boat.

RX, such a sweet message! I am sorry you are in this horror too. We are not alone, that is  the only thing right now that keeps me going. But surviving a depression and then to get this benzo crap over me is too much almost.

I would love to have contact with you, and I can support you back.

RX, such a sweet message! I am sorry you are in this horror too. We are not alone, that is  the only thing right now that keeps me going. But surviving a depression and then to get this benzo crap over me is too much almost.

I would love to have contact with you, and I can support you back.

QueenElisabeth1, so very sorry to read of your suffering.  My heart goes out to you.

Love your beautiful rose picture and caption underneath too.  Wish I could turn the lights back on for you, me, and everyone here, myself.  But even though I can't do that, I'll do what I can on this forum. 

Also would love to have contact with you and happy to give you support too.

First chance today I've been able to even type (aside from one just very recent prior post to this).  Physical agony that bad.  Every moaning morning I wake up with it first thing.  It's real tough to feel positive living this type of existence daily.  If you can relate, be it physical and/or mental agony, I most certainly understand where you are at and my heart truly goes out to you.

I agree, very sweet post. BB has saved me. Without this support and empathy I don't think I would still be alive. I experienced depression before benzos but this is a new level of hell I never thought possible. I believe I could handle all the physical symptoms ok but the severity of depression and anxiety are debilitating. What a mess. I'm sad anyone else has to suffer like this. My heart goes out to all of you. xoxo

Thank you, Red Sky.  And I completely understand the deep depression and anxiety can make merely existing from one minute to the next the toughest challenge imaginable.  Sending you a hug.

Never take a Benzo, sending you a hug too.

And btw, love both of your avatars.  Very cool.

Thank you, Red Sky.  And I completely understand the deep depression and anxiety can make merely existing from one minute to the next the toughest challenge imaginable.  Sending you a hug.

Never take a Benzo, sending you a hug too.

And btw, love both of your avatars.  Very cool.

Hugs in return!  :smitten:

I am truly sorry about your depth of suffering. I do know something of what it is - here I am at 11 months off Klonopin and I am still just a wreck. I honestly don't know, somedays, how I'll get from one to the next. At times I can only bury my face in my hands out of mental anguish. I doubt seriously I'd have gotten this far without BB here. I'd just come, several times, right up to it, out of sheer desperation, but for for a few kind words from someone here.

Nice of you, Catt02.

It also takes a great deal of courage for you to admit that you have come here to Benzobuddies out of the desperation for a few kind words here.  Something tells me everyone here on Benzobuddies suffering has/does whether they admit it or not.  All that means is that we are human.  I know I cannot deny the fact that I need all the love I can get going through this.

I am truly sorry about the depth of your suffering too.  I will keep you in my thoughts and best wishes.  And hug to you and all here.

I don't thing any human deserves to endure this kind of suffering. This is so off the charts and out of the norm of human experience. Not that many years ago, I couldn't fathom that this level of suffering even existed. Sending healing vibes to you all :)

Well put and nice of you to send the healing vibes, LorazepamFree2015.  Healing vibes back to you and all.

Never take a Benzo,  I agree that "sucks" is most appropriate as well.  May I add sucks BIG TIME.

I don't know if the following quote is helpful for anyone just to remember, but here goes anyhow.

"Depression is not a sign of weakness.  It means you have been strong for far too long." - Unknown

:'( such a horrible tragic loss of a great talent.  I was crying about it yesterday and could not even comment.  I never heard of her or her music before, but I researched her on the Net yesterday. 

:'( such a horrible tragic loss of a great talent.  I was crying about it yesterday and could not even comment.  I never heard of her or her music before, but I researched her on the Net yesterday.

Somehow, listening to these songs helps me release a lot of tears and sadness. Very tragic. She was on the same meds, too.