What percentage have you recovered?

[Li...]

What percentage have you recovered and how many months has it been since you took your last Benzo?

I am 9 months off and would say that I am 50% recovered.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [He...]

• [Be...]

• [Re...]

• [vi...]

14 months out maybe 40-50%. Only few hrs70%. Never have a window.

if you have hours with 70, thats a window. It is not a 100% window  ;)

5 MONTHS post CT -> mental state between 50-70% (swings week to week day to day). Physical wanes between 30-70%. Sleep has come back as big issue. Back to 2-3 hour bursts and zombie state :o

almost 16 months, and about 90% thought lately it's been closer to 99% ... at this point, how I feel almost entirely depends on how I cope with external stressors though, there's no mysterious force causing me anxiety, so I get stronger and more capable with everything I handle.

14 months out - I am  probably 75-80 percent overall. During a window I am at 95 percent and during a wave I am dragged back down  to  around 60-  70 percent- but the waves are less often and  much shorter.  Windows are more frequent and more my norm.

I'm beginning 8 months off. I'm 90% most of the time. Sleep is erratic, and I have waves of intense anxiety, but all other symptoms are gone, and there were a lot. 

5.5 months. Windows 30-40%, waves 0-10%. I definitely feel worse than the average for my dosage and duration :( the worst so far on this poll. :( :( :(

5.5 months. Windows 30-40%, waves 0-10%. I definitely feel worse than the average for my dosage and duration :( the worst so far on this poll. :( :( :(

Hey ggbtd.  We're in a somewhat similar boat.  I am amazed at how I feel for the dosage and duration I was on benzos. 

I stopped taking ativan after 1mg for 11 days.  Anyway, I've said my story many times but I'm 4 months and one week out from my too rapid valium taper (after a 1.5 day cross-over), and still suffering.  To be fair, I've had windows of 70-75%.  In fact, the other day I mentioned in a post how I thought I was 60 to 70 percent healed and then yesterday got hit by another wave.  To be fair, it's not the worst wave ever by far and I feel like I can still be somewhat functional.  But it's just so bizarre to have been prescribed a benzo for insomnia, use it 11 days, and end up dependent on it AND be in post-acute withdrawal for over 4 months since jumping.

So, I guess at the end of the day I'm still having waves and windows.  I have had a fairly good window for the last 2.5 weeks.  I've felt about 70%.  I'm in a wave (started day before yesterday) and today I feel about 30%-40%.  The thing is, I'm still on gabapentin, so I'm not completely free of meds.  I've got another 216mg to taper from gabapentin.  It's a pretty low dose, but we all know that that doesn't mean much when it's the effect of the cut that matters.  I don't think the gabapentin is actually the problem.  I think it's my benzo withdrawal that gets revealed if I cut the gabapentin too much.  It's a bit baffling to manage!!!

Oh well, at one point I couldn't imagine I'd make it this far, so that's encouraging.  So, yeah I have some windows where I am 70%.  I'd be closer to 80% or 90% in those windows if I could get some good sleep.  :)

19 mos.  was 80 percent just got hit with anew symptom of air hunger which is a really shitty symptom so I'd say back down to 50-60.