i want to know something

[mi...]

i going to let it out i can't hold it no more

i abused xanax long time ago for anxiety and severe gad i was double dosing from xanax 2mg so i was taking 4mg at once and still worry is something going to happen to me.with my heart.

now i am on klonopin

i am scared s*itless that i will get a seizures all my life  when slowly get off benzo's

i feel better telling benzo buddies people my problem

AGAIN I WANT TO KNOW WILL SOMETHING HAPPEN TO ME..

Hi Mikey :)

People here have tapered off and tapering 8 mg xanax, 10 mg xanax, 12 mg etc.

You risk seizures only when going cold turkey or surer-super fast...

Don't worry about it. 4 mgs is not a small dose but it isn't a super high dose either. And you are now on 1.5 of K! With a normal taper you will be fine.

Please don't worry so much :) :)

Hi Mike :)

People here have tapered off and tapering 8 mg xanax, 10 mg xanax, 12 mg etc.

You risk seizures only when going cold turkey or surer-super fast...

Don't worry about it. 4 mgs is not a small dose but it isn't a super high dose either. With a normal taper you will be fine.

Please don't worry so much :) :)

With your people help.

I Will Get Off Benzo

Only Thing I want to Be

SOBER No More SSRI'S No More Benzo..

Start a new life again... the future

Taper slow and avoid the statistics your reading about. Follow all the recommended dose reductions so you won't second guess yourself. Keep a log and don't lose track and you should be fine.

Taper slow and avoid the statistics your reading about. Follow all the recommended dose reductions so you won't second guess yourself. Keep a log and don't lose track and you should be fine.

From 2000-present On Medicine.

My Doctor if is wasnt 2002 Ativan/Remeron 2003 Effexor Xr

The Past Decade Sucked 11 Years with General Anixety Disorder

Medicine In My Me And Out..... 1.5 K Now Slowly I Will Off This ****

Only Thing To Do Is Pray To God And Enjoy Life. Because Life is Too Short

Hey Mikeyst27,

Hold on, you are going to make it.  Keep taking it nice and slow.  We have a lot of life yet to live, and we will live it to the fullest because we will be benzo free! 

Stay the courese!

Hey Mikey,

You and I have the same goal to be medication free.  I had never taken a benzo before March of last year, and it has really been the worst decision of my life.  I think the best decision was to slowly taper off this junk.  I know you are worried about what could happen, and I think most of us are worried about how long withdrawal is going to take, and when we are going to feel better.....

The best thing you can do...is what others have suggested....stick to a good taper plan....and slowly you will get rid of the benzo...and get your life back..and be the ol' Mikey that you want to be again....I am also tapering Klonopin..I started at 2mg...and now am just below .5mg.....if I can do this...you can do this ..because patience is not one of my biggest strengths....

Hang in there buddy....just keep thinking about how great it is going to be..to be the ol mikey again....and not have to worry about any of this stuff anymore..you will get there....

TC

Hey Mikey,

You and I have the same goal to be medication free.  I had never taken a benzo before March of last year, and it has really been the worst decision of my life.  I think the best decision was to slowly taper off this junk.  I know you are worried about what could happen, and I think most of us are worried about how long withdrawal is going to take, and when we are going to feel better.....

The best thing you can do...is what others have suggested....stick to a good taper plan....and slowly you will get rid of the benzo...and get your life back..and be the ol' Mikey that you want to be again....I am also tapering Klonopin..I started at 2mg...and now am just below .5mg.....if I can do this...you can do this ..because patience is not one of my biggest strengths....

Hang in there buddy....just keep thinking about how great it is going to be..to be the ol mikey again....and not have to worry about any of this stuff anymore..you will get there....

TC

thank you TC you guys are great help

Hi again Mikey,

Have you ever had a seizure? I mean like before benzos? If not then the chances are likely that when you are free of benzos you will not have that problem.

Also I understand there are several varieties of seizures. When one thinks of a seizure one often will think of the most dramtic kind the "grand mal seizure" what used to be called a "fit. Loosing consciousness, trembling, convulsing etc. But it is my understanding that not all c/t- rapid detox seizures are of this type. Various types of seizures: http://www.webmd.com/epilepsy/guide/types-of-seizures-their-symptoms are explained on this linked site.

Anyway if you have had no problem with seizures in the past and follow a sensible common sense gradual taper or titration plan,IMO you have little to worry about.

Sincerely JohnE

Hi again Mikey,

Have you ever had a seizure? I mean like before benzos? If not then the chances are likely that when you are free of benzos you will not have that problem.

Also I understand there are several varieties of seizures. When one thinks of a seizure one often will think of the most dramtic kind the "grand mal seizure" what used to be called a "fit. Loosing consciousness, trembling, convulsing etc. But it is my understanding that not all c/t- rapid detox seizures are of this type. Various types of seizures: http://www.webmd.com/epilepsy/guide/types-of-seizures-their-symptoms are explained on this linked site.

Anyway if you have had no problem with seizures in the past and follow a sensible common sense gradual taper or titration plan,IMO you have little to worry about.

Sincerely JohnE

NEVER HAD ONE IN MY LIFE

I am just worried i did some damage to the brain from xanax 4mg.

worried so worried

All of us here did some chemical alteration to our brain. Good news though.... You too can save money on car insurance by switching to Geico.... OOPS small benzo brain fog again......

All kidding aside ( I hope you LOL'd at that  :D

I have yet to read anything that warrants permanent brain damage.  I have read heavy dose abusers have done damage ( never read it is permanent ) and I don't think 4mg of xanax daily is heavy dose ( Maybe 20 mg daily is my opinion).

Any damage done is what us post users call our "healing time". It is something we all have to go through and takes time because of the chemical alteration in our bodies and mind... ...we do bounce back to normal and the only unknown answer is"how long?". This is the only answer we do not have due to the individuality of each and everyone's own internal healing time clock.

I wouldn't worry mikey,  I know the frustration of this process can be over whelming but now that I am almost two months off, I can honestly say.... WOW, life is so much better 

Hey Mikey,

Please don't worry....you will be ok.  I was on 3mg. of Xanax for 10 years and sometimes updosed during that time to like 5 mgs.  I did a slow taper, am benzo free and slowly getting better.  So will you.  Hang in there.

Lyd

Hey Mikey. NOPE you will not have a seizure if you go slow. My best advice to you is not to go to deep into the archives of the net and look at horror stories of people on you tube or whatever. I do believe that the electrical charges from the brain are "on fire" in withdrawal and may even feel like a seizure thing with the shaking and what not. But even this can be eliminated drastically with a great diet low in carbs and high in fats and protein. Ketogenic style. What we don't want in withdrawal is more energy than our brains are already producing so the idea that the body uses fat for energy instead of carbohydrates is much better tolerated by the brain since the brain is 60% fat anyway. I did a cold turkey and like john says I think I maybe had an absence seizure or something along the lines of a petit mal. Hard to say, but I know my mom said one night she came out and my mouth was in a permanent smiling position and I would just look out in space like I was not there. Even so if I did have one I am fine now and looked at some people who have one or two and never have them again. Fear will be your biggest enemy in this. You don't have permanent damage. I have been doing so much research into the science of neuroplasticity and what studies are finding prior to what was believed is just astonishing. The brain has the enormous ability to repair itself from even head trauma with the right nutrition and exercises for the brain. I bet all of the things you are feeling like forgetting and the like are from tolerance withdrawal and nothing more. Gman gave great advice by writing your progress in a tangible form that you can see on an objective level. This helps sometimes to be able to go back and see how some days we were amazing and some days we weren't, but regardless those days do and will keep returning. Also realize how sensitive we are to any external chemicals and stress and try not to indulge in anything that will disrupt your healing in any way. Look to healing stories online and not the dreadful ones. I have found this to be fully inspirational this time around and helps me keep grounded and determined to get better even in my moments of super doubt.

You will make it,

Rev

Hey Mikey. NOPE you will not have a seizure if you go slow. My best advice to you is not to go to deep into the archives of the net and look at horror stories of people on you tube or whatever. I do believe that the electrical charges from the brain are "on fire" in withdrawal and may even feel like a seizure thing with the shaking and what not. But even this can be eliminated drastically with a great diet low in carbs and high in fats and protein. Ketogenic style. What we don't want in withdrawal is more energy than our brains are already producing so the idea that the body uses fat for energy instead of carbohydrates is much better tolerated by the brain since the brain is 60% fat anyway. I did a cold turkey and like john says I think I maybe had an absence seizure or something along the lines of a petit mal. Hard to say, but I know my mom said one night she came out and my mouth was in a permanent smiling position and I would just look out in space like I was not there. Even so if I did have one I am fine now and looked at some people who have one or two and never have them again. Fear will be your biggest enemy in this. You don't have permanent damage. I have been doing so much research into the science of neuroplasticity and what studies are finding prior to what was believed is just astonishing. The brain has the enormous ability to repair itself from even head trauma with the right nutrition and exercises for the brain. I bet all of the things you are feeling like forgetting and the like are from tolerance withdrawal and nothing more. Gman gave great advice by writing your progress in a tangible form that you can see on an objective level. This helps sometimes to be able to go back and see how some days we were amazing and some days we weren't, but regardless those days do and will keep returning. Also realize how sensitive we are to any external chemicals and stress and try not to indulge in anything that will disrupt your healing in any way. Look to healing stories online and not the dreadful ones. I have found this to be fully inspirational this time around and helps me keep grounded and determined to get better even in my moments of super doubt.

You will make it,

Rev

rev i thank you so much i will do a slow taper you sir are amazing helper

but do you think the past with i did with xanax can it do damage to the heart

that what i am scared of that i won't be living past 40. ths s*it i think me sick

i abused xanax and worry everyday. if i will live i pray to go every single day jesus i trust in him

i dream BS That i will get a cardiac arrest.

all i want is to be clean no benzo's no ssri the past decade was the worst decade with benzo and ssri no more

i will go slow with klonopin i want be here to tell my story to all of you that i am benzo free  ;D :'( >:(

Hey man it's totally cool there are tons of people who have gotten off all their psych meds and now live a healthier life because of it. You are letting your anxiety rule you in all of this. Problem is these drugs CAUSE more anxiety than you can ever think of. The body and brain have the enormous power to heal if we just let them and take care of them.  You will get cardiac arrest if you DON"T taper because you will increase to an unacceptable point like Ledger, Haim, Hendrix, etc. I know the feelings of gloom and doom and I am certain everyone else on here does too. Keep your faith higher than your expectations and soon this will all be behind us. PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!

With understanding,

Rev

Mikey-

Follow the tapering guidelines with reductions no more than 10 percent.  If you have never had a seizure or heart problems and such....try not to worry about the what if's.  When we let our benzo mind read into all the information online it can take us down a very bad path mentally.  Try to focus on your taper plan....stick to it as much as possible and comfortable and you will make it.  You are on a high dose of benzo when looking at a vailum equivalency.  You goal is to get off safely, which you can.  Go easy on yourself and try not to project what could happen.  It's not going to be a fun journey, but it will be a doable journey with determination.  One day at a time my friend!

Traycee

mikey,

You went from brain damage to heart damage in this thread. Your going to drive yourself crazy :idiot:

I know i cry everyday about instead of enjoying life i excuse my language i have so much BS In my Head

i am seeing a psychotherapist about that issue. i need someone help because if i dont get any help i will get a nervous breakdown....

i need to find benzo friends in real life that had the same problems i do...

Mikey:

I often wish I could find people in real life going through the same thing. The only thing I could think of is some kind of drug addiction suport group, but somehow it didnt seem very appealing, plus the nearest one in my area is in a nearby major city or far away in some distant suburb (both choices too much an undertaking for me).

The buddies here have been so helpful...I wouldn't have come this far without them  :)

I think it comes down to belief. I know it is hard, since for me I have lost my faith in pretty much everything - the medical establishment, God, my future, and myself. I have been told for years while on drugs that much of what I think and feel is some state of mental illness - doctors negated my repeated statements about how sick I felt and that I did not feel this way before psych drugs, especially benzos. Becasue of this,  I have lost the ability to trust in my own thoughts and feelings. It is also hard to believe in yourself and the rightness of this journey when the w/d itself makes you feel crazy, and all your perceptions are off, and the self doubt is so great due to the levels of anxiety.

I told my psychiatrist as much and he said to try to believe in my essential goodness as a person. Don't fully understand what he means, but I think about it often, and it makes me feel better.  :angel:

So these thoughts run through your head and they don't stop?  I know exactly how your feeling and have the same issue. I will give you a quick rundown of my past.....

Lyme Disease caused AV Heart Block Three. My Heart did not beat correctly and there was a delay between beats, long enough to make me tingle and go numb from lack of blood flow/ Oxygen.

That's why I ended up on klonopin, and stayed on it because I couldn't get it out of my head that I was cured from the Lyme. I ended up in the hospital about 10 times in 6 months because the "If" word gave me panic attacks that felt like heart attacks.

Just keep looking forward and stop thinking of the "IF" word. You and I both know it is debilitating and creates a worry in our heads that is not necessary. This is something you will have to learn how to do because once off the benzos, you wont have that benzo crutch to make you feel better. You will have to rely on coping skills. :thumbsup:

Hey Mikey,

Like Gman7470 said, our thoughts can be very crippling.  Even at 7 months off, my thoughts have a tendency to consume me at times, especially when I'm hit with a new withdrawal symptom.  Just as a healthy diet will keep our bodies functioning optimally, healthy thoughts and healthy distractions will keep the mind healthy.  Unhealthy thoughts will bring in a flood of physical symptoms. 

I like what Blue said, "Keep your faith higher than your expectations."  I trust my faith in God more than I do my thoughts because when my thoughts get all turned around I know that I hinder my healing. 

You are going to make it through this Mikey...stay the course.   

Hey Mikey,

Like Gman7470 said, our thoughts can be very crippling.  Even at 7 months off, my thoughts have a tendency to consume me at times, especially when I'm hit with a new withdrawal symptom.  Just as a healthy diet will keep our bodies functioning optimally, healthy thoughts and healthy distractions will keep the mind healthy.  Unhealthy thoughts will bring in a flood of physical symptoms. 

I like what Blue said, "Keep your faith higher than your expectations."  I trust my faith in God more than I do my thoughts because when my thoughts get all turned around I know that I hinder my healing. 

You are going to make it through this Mikey...stay the course.   

i am trying to make it but i am forgetting things, i hope i did not destroy my brain

i need to find friends, go out but i put things somewhere i forget.

i want to be happy with gi problems all my life the withdrawal will be horrible for me

i got to stop thinking negative.... my brain is like fog i look up in the sky and feel like am going to fall

I know the feeling mikey. Do yourself a favor and stay occupied. You want your brain to bounce out of those thoughts.

I see your a eric clapton fan.

Wonderful Tonight:

Hang in there bud

I know the feeling mikey. Do yourself a favor and stay occupied. You want your brain to bounce out of those thoughts.

I see your a eric clapton fan.

Wonderful Tonight:

Hang in there bud

i do listen to clapton everyday but i am scarred of getting sick

threw the withdrawal

thank you very much