Author Topic: DP/DR Support group  (Read 11937 times)

[Buddie]

Re: DP/DR Support group
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2018, 06:44:45 am »
[...] - I completely understand where you are coming from.  I was there, too.  What finally helped me was to stop comparing myself to others.  Give yourself a break and accept that some days you are going to feel worse than others.  Maybe just do some stretching exercises.  Just do what you can do.  These symptoms will pass, new ones will pop up, but remember in time they will pass. Be kind to yourself.   :-*
Thank you, [...], I guess the comparisons just happen without even thinking much about it, but I'll try to remember that going forward because I know you're right.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2018, 06:53:32 am »
[...], Thanks, I know you're suffering, too, like so many others here on BB. I'm thinking about you and sending you gentle hugs to help you have a restful night. :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2018, 03:19:10 pm »
Right back at ya!

[Buddie]

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2018, 03:49:12 pm »
Hey I just wanted to chime in here and say my DR and DP is mostly gone right now.  I had it pretty bad over the summer, and into the Fall.  It went away and came back in December, but since January it has been pretty much gone now.  It's weird cause I remember thinking these things and these same thoughts just don't bother me as much anymore.

I also try to not get panicked about not remembering things- even things I did, or things I bought.  I know my recent memories can feel far away, and I'm trying to just accept that and not get all worked up about it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2018, 04:19:25 pm »
I'm very glad to hear that Green Cup.

I hope it goes away for all of us very soon and never returns.

[Buddie]

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2018, 06:42:35 pm »
Thanks for posting about your success, [...], because DP/DR are definitely the sxs that makes me and many others think we're completely losing it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2018, 06:02:29 pm »
Thanks for posting about your success, [...], because DP/DR are definitely the sxs that makes me and many others think we're completely losing it.

Anyone else feel like this condition is starting to give them some symptoms of PTSD? I spend my windows having anxiety about when my next waves will hit.

[Buddie]

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2018, 06:18:22 pm »
I spend my windows having anxiety about when my next waves will hit.

I do this unfortunately. Atleast there are windows! :thumbsup: couple months ago I could not say that.

[Buddie]

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2018, 03:20:11 pm »
I feel like I have no identity and need to cling on to others bc of the dp.
Wonder if you here feel the same?

[Buddie]

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2018, 03:11:56 pm »
I'm home from my 4th trip to the ER, and it's now Month 6. Every reason for going has been different, but getting medical staff to understand something besides "ANXIETY" has been almost impossible, especially when tests come back normal. Every night this week, I've gone to bed and woken up with more and more confusion because I cannot get a break from the DP/DR. Every time I go to sleep I hope and pray I'm going to wake up and "land" in the correct place and time, but it never happens. I lie in bed, thinking so hard to be here and now, but I can't do it.

This is maddening. How much more can anyone be expected to endure?