Author Topic: DP/DR Support group  (Read 11669 times)

[Buddie]

Re: DP/DR Support group
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2018, 08:52:43 pm »
It was just like I was in the world in an ordinary way again.

Still had the horrid unreality in relation to my body but the world outside me looked normal and familiar. I felt like I was in the world again.

It comes and goes.

It is definately made worse by anxiety.

If I can manage go do some deep relaxation and stay very very calm I am in tbe world in a normal way.

As soon as I feel frightened or think about this going on and on and never recovering it gets worse.

Any tiny bit of stress makes it worse which is very hard because muscle problems mean it is very hard gor me to get into a position to relax in.

Listening go very calming choral music seems to help as does guided relaxation.

Sometimes it only last a few minutes but that reassures me it is possible.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2018, 02:25:45 pm »
I agree with all of you, DP is by far one of the worst symptoms I have suffered with throughout this withdrawal journey.  It is so hard to describe to someone who hasn't gone through this hell.  I am here to tell you though, it will go away.  There is no set time frame when it will go away.  For some it last only a few days others go for months.  I was one in the latter.  I still feel it, occasionally.  Stress makes it worse, meditation makes it better.  Exercising has helped me too.  Walks in nature is good also.  Wishing you all a healing day.  Be gentle with yourself.  You will heal, trust that. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 04:19:22 pm »
Oddly enough started to smoke weed again, only 2 or 3 hits off a bowl and it's helped so much.

Weed makes my DP/DR so much worse. It have started couple of long serious next level waves for me also.

But I am so glad it helps you!

Exercising have helped me a little. Also good food and other basic things. Sometimes it hits so hard that nothing helps. It is not a good thing if I can't sleep. Hell on earth. Stress is maybe the worst.

I'm glad that I found this. Thank you everybody.

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 05:02:45 pm »
Following this group. DR is probably my worst symptom. Itís just the one I cannot cope with. Iíve seen some lessening since the early days but itís still pretty troublesome. I really donít know how much of it is a visual symptom? Iíve got DR and visual issues tag teaming my outlook on my surroundings.

Arkansas- thanks for your encouraging words.

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2018, 10:01:49 pm »
Do you guys have really bad short term memory that goes along with the DP/DR too? I forget things that literally just happened and it constantly freaked me out and makes me feel more dissociated.

[Buddie]

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2018, 05:45:20 pm »
I'm lost with it all memory and everything.

[Buddie]

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2018, 05:36:11 pm »
Is your DP/DR like this?

It is like I am watching myself  outside. I am inside my body, but I start to have "doubts" is it me, or I feel so separate from my body, and stuff like that.

Now I have kinda doubts is this even dp/dr or am I hallucinating or something.

[Buddie]

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2018, 08:34:48 pm »
It was just like I was in the world in an ordinary way again.

Still had the horrid unreality in relation to my body but the world outside me looked normal and familiar. I felt like I was in the world again.

It comes and goes.

It is definately made worse by anxiety.

If I can manage go do some deep relaxation and stay very very calm I am in tbe world in a normal way.

As soon as I feel frightened or think about this going on and on and never recovering it gets worse.

Any tiny bit of stress makes it worse which is very hard because muscle problems mean it is very hard gor me to get into a position to relax in.

Listening go very calming choral music seems to help as does guided relaxation.

Sometimes it only last a few minutes but that reassures me it is possible.

Thanks, [...], I haven't replied bc I don't have better news. And I'm confused about whether this WD/Recovery is my fault bc I'm not doing more to help myself (bed>couch>bed every day) OR whether it's just a matter of time until the windows start to appear and I know I'm really on the road to better. I know I'm early in my journey compared to many others who've gone through a Klonopin CT, but most of what I read from other BBs talks about how their windows have already appeared by Month 5. Hell, I'm still getting new sxs. This DR is enveloping me, especially on days of full rain like we've had now for a while. I really just need any kind of window at all.

[Buddie]

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2018, 12:09:47 pm »
[...] - I completely understand where you are coming from.  I was there, too.  What finally helped me was to stop comparing myself to others.  Give yourself a break and accept that some days you are going to feel worse than others.  Maybe just do some stretching exercises.  Just do what you can do.  These symptoms will pass, new ones will pop up, but remember in time they will pass. Be kind to yourself.   :-*

[Buddie]

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2018, 10:19:16 pm »

Thanks, [...], I haven't replied bc I don't have better news. And I'm confused about whether this WD/Recovery is my fault bc I'm not doing more to help myself (bed>couch>bed every day) OR whether it's just a matter of time until the windows start to appear and I know I'm really on the road to better. I know I'm early in my journey compared to many others who've gone through a Klonopin CT, but most of what I read from other BBs talks about how their windows have already appeared by Month 5. Hell, I'm still getting new sxs. This DR is enveloping me, especially on days of full rain like we've had now for a while. I really just need any kind of window at all.

It is in no way your fault!

I haven't had another window like that one since.

I think it's completely random.

For me the depersonalisation is worse than the derealisation. My body doesn't feel solid or real. It feels numb and as if it is made of plastuc.

Having said that the world feels unreal in terms of touch. Mybsense of touch and physicality is very badly affected.

It's very frightening.

I do think time and luck seem to be the on factors for this. I am hoping a low glutamate diet will help. Iam mostly bedridden and trying to accept that helps a bit but is very hard.