Author Topic: DP/DR Support group  (Read 9277 times)

[Buddie]

Re: DP/DR Support group
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2018, 03:03:54 pm »
My DP/DR had been pretty good for a couple of months, after 6 months in totally foggy alien state. It definitely goes away.

Couple days ago the hell started again, in a little scale though!
I can't recognize my own hands. If I touch my hand with other one, it feels like it's somebody elses, so much intrusive existencial stuff. I can't see any point in anything, the whole concept of a human being is weird.

Can anyone understand what I am saying?

At least I still know, this is not gonna last forever! Uh, still, what a struggle.

All the best healing friends!  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2019, 09:38:26 pm »
My DP/DR had been pretty good for a couple of months, after 6 months in totally foggy alien state. It definitely goes away.

I can't recognize my own hands. If I touch my hand with other one, it feels like it's somebody elses, so much intrusive existencial stuff. I can't see any point in anything, the whole concept of a human being is weird.

At least I still know, this is not gonna last forever! Uh, still, what a struggle.

Have to say, it's been much better for a month now!

We are healing!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2019, 09:48:27 pm »

I have that feeling related to touch throughout my whole body even the feel of my tongue in my mouth.

Everything feels unreal as if My brain is not able to connect to the rest of my body.

Also touching external objects feels unreal and disconnected and the world feels insubstantial as if it could all dissolve or float away,

Is that DP/DR?

[Buddie]

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2019, 09:53:25 pm »
These are some really good descriptions of this. I always had trouble describing it. I am so glad that finally disappeared. For me it went away slowly, and one particular week, I realized I just felt "normal" again. Or more normal. Both DP and DR made short return visits for a few months, and it seemed to happen when I had extra stress, or hadn't slept well. But now, I have NONE of that stuff and life is again pretty awesome.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2019, 10:14:22 pm »
[...] - did you have this effect your sense of touch?

When I touch my body it feels like I canít feel it properly from the inside of my body.

Also objects donít feel real when I touch or hold them?

I canít feel food properly in my mouth.

[Buddie]

« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2020, 04:16:29 pm »
Hi,

Following this thread as DR is one of my worst symptoms. I have visual issues too and tinnitus. It keeps me indoors and agoraphobic. Really suffering with this.

[Buddie]

Re: DP/DR Support group It gets better!!!
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2020, 04:24:55 pm »
I just wanted to let you guys know that the DP/DR goes.
It was my worst symptom. Im 4 months out and my has improved drastically.

Avoiding alcohol and eating very clean with no sugar or chocolate made a difference.

Here is something I'm posting on another group................
Iím not quite ready for a full success story but things are looking good and I wanted to share my progress.

Iím four months out and some of my worst symptoms are either improving or have disappeared. After I jumped I had a very bumpy ride and that was made worse by some bad new. I hit a major low about the 2 month mark and then after a few weeks I started improving.

My DP/DR has nearly gone.
The dark grey vision has gone.
My vision has stopped being blurry.
Anxiety and depression gone.
Acid reflux has gone.
All strange sensations and experiences have gone.
My manic thinking has gone.
Poor night vision has gone.

I still feel a bit weak and canít tolerate exercise but this seems to be Improving.

I drank throughout and I don't think it helped me in anyway. If you can, stay off the drink.
Diet definitely was important for me and I think eating clean and low sugar s the way to go.
We do get better so hang In there!

Looking forward to posing my full success story.

[Buddie]

Re: DP/DR Support group It gets better!!!
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2020, 08:55:46 pm »
I just wanted to let you guys know that the DP/DR goes.
It was my worst symptom. Im 4 months out and my has improved drastically.

Avoiding alcohol and eating very clean with no sugar or chocolate made a difference.

Here is something I'm posting on another group................
Iím not quite ready for a full success story but things are looking good and I wanted to share my progress.

Iím four months out and some of my worst symptoms are either improving or have disappeared. After I jumped I had a very bumpy ride and that was made worse by some bad new. I hit a major low about the 2 month mark and then after a few weeks I started improving.

My DP/DR has nearly gone.
The dark grey vision has gone.
My vision has stopped being blurry.
Anxiety and depression gone.
Acid reflux has gone.
All strange sensations and experiences have gone.
My manic thinking has gone.
Poor night vision has gone.

I still feel a bit weak and canít tolerate exercise but this seems to be Improving.

I drank throughout and I don't think it helped me in anyway. If you can, stay off the drink.
Diet definitely was important for me and I think eating clean and low sugar s the way to go.
We do get better so hang In there!

Looking forward to posing my full success story.

Thanks [...] on giving your update. So glad to hear that we can heal from this weird state, and I was really worried about this "dim vision" thing that comes with DP/DR,  Is anyone else been able to measure if they getting healing?

[Buddie]

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2021, 06:28:29 am »
I am not on this site much anymore, because I am almost 100% healed.  I wanted to encourage all of you that this is NOT permanent.  I felt this way for a long time, almost 3 years.  The DP would come and go.  Eventually, the feeling will leave.  I still occasionally, will feel disconnected, like a acid trip from the 70's. It doesn't last long.  I tell myself that it is withdrawal and my body is healing. I find a distraction that will remove me from thinking about how weird I feel.  No use trying to explain the feeling to someone who hasn't been through this.  Avoid negative people and stressful situations (hard to do, I know)  Exercise helps.  Meditation helps.  Be kind to yourself.  You are not crazy, you are not dying, this is not a permanent condition.  Hard to believe when you are going through this ordeal.  Also, each and every one of us is different.  For some, DP/DR only lasts a short time, but for others it feels like it will never end.  I never took another drug or medication again after 4/9/2015. I am sending healing thoughts of health to all of you.   :-*

I know this is an older post but I just wanted to thank you so much for letting people know this! I havenít been able to find people from this site who had dpdr for years and still recovered. Iím closing in 4 years with chronic dpdr from the medications and it has been so brutal. Mine has been otherworldly bad. Totally out of my body and this world, acid tripping for months on end. Lost hope many times that it will ever go away. Iím hopeful. Thank you  :smitten:

I know itís bad for everyone and scary for everyone no matter how little time people have it, but I honestly feel so envious for people who complain having it for few months and then declaring it gone in another few months.. you have no idea..