UK benzo and AD campaigners target the medical journals

[lo...]

A few of us in the UK are taking any opportunity to get our voices heard via the medical journals.

We have had a few letters published in the British Medical Journal.  Please read and click on "like"  :thumbsup:

Pauline Dove in particular is being very forthright about what is happening here in the UK.  Misleading diagnostic labels being used to cover up the harm caused by drugs of dependence.  The fact that our letters are being published at all is in itself heartening.

http://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j3129/rapid-responses

Dr Des Spence, a GP in Scotland, has started a discussion regarding antidepressant prescribing in another medical magazine but only GPs can contribute to it.  There are 43 responses now and the discussion is interesting.  It seems that our petition to the Scottish Parliament has spurred him into speaking out though he has done so in the past to little effect.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/views/blogs/we-need-to-stop-prescribing-antidepressants-in-primary-care/20034483.blog?PageNo=5&SortOrder=dateadded&PageSize=10#comments

There will be more about benzodiazepines in the press on Tuesday to mark W-BAD.

A few of us have written to the All Party Parliamentary Group again requesting a public inquiry.

Fiona  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent news, Fiona! I keep looking across the pond, and I'm heartened to see the action over there. Lead the way.....let's hope Canada will follow at some point soon.  :)

This is really heartening news. Thank you once again for all you do, Fiona!!

I wish that the U.S. would follow behind.

Thank you both.  I think we are just tapping into growing concerns in the medical profession itself which is why they are publishing our letters, I suspect.  We hope that we are throwing pebbles in the water and the ripples will grow bigger. 

Will keep posting anything that happens over here.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: