New Taper Plan

[...]

Hi All,

After trying and not succeeding with a liquid taper for Xanax,(couldn't stand the taste of vodka along with the med),I'm considering a dry approach with a slightly different tact.

Currently, I'm stable at 1 1/2 mg of Xanax daily with 90% of it taken at bedtime........Sometimes I'll do a 1/4 mid afternoon.

Here's my plan, On a flat metal ruler with 1/32 increments, a 1mg of X takes up exactly 1/4 inch in diameter.

What I did was with masking tape, I taped vertically and horizontally an L shape(wall) for the pill to be held and supported in and as stated above an unscored round pill is exactly 1/4 inch from "the vertical wall" to the 1/4 inch mark.

Then with an emery board, I file off 1/32" from the pill and make sure it's an exact 1/32 reduction.

So my plan is 1/32 reduced every 2 weeks if it goes ok.................So my fellow buddies, do you think that is too much of a reduction or not enough?.....................According to my plan, I could jump right around the holidays.

But as we all know, things don't always go as planned! :D

Any input would be appreciated.

Hi All,

After trying and not succeeding with a liquid taper for Xanax,(couldn't stand the taste of vodka along with the med),I'm considering a dry approach with a slightly different tact.

Do you realize you could just mix your X liquid in with fruit juice, soft drinks, etc?

Didn't realize that. I don't drink soda, so any kind of juice doesn't matter?

Once you have measured out the correct amount of liquid for your dose(s), you can mix/dilute it with anything you like.

Thanks Builder,

That being established, would doing it totally dry as I mentioned above at those reduced increments be a small enough reduction or too fast?...............Because if I did a liquid it would take about 9 to 10 months as opposed to 6 or 7.

Everyone's tolerance/response to cuts is different.  I did .5mg cuts by alternating my dose each day until I got down to 9mg, then I found I could no longer tolerate .5mg cuts.

A daily taper takes no longer than a C&H.  If you cut .5mg and hold for 10 days, or if you cut .05 each day for 10 days, at then end of 10 days, your down .5mg...either way.  (But cutting .05mg/day will probably be a lot more tolerable than a single cut of .5mg)

You seem to have some mindset against a DLMT, but there is little doubt that's the easiest way to get off of benzo.