4 1/2 years Benzo Free!

[su...]

Hi Buddies,

I’m 4 ½ years Benzo Free from a slow taper off of 5mg of Klonopin/clonazepam. I’m also prescription drug free. Things in my life have gotten better than I ever thought they could, I travel, have a closer relationship with my husband. I’m into natural health and feel great most of the time. I’m living life more and more.

I still get awful waves that make me feel like I’m not going to make it through. I get psychosis, hallucinations, rage/anger, insomnia, flu type symptoms, mood swings, restless leg, itchy skin etc., but it always passes. I want to encourage those of you that are still tapering, to keep going and go at a pace that is right for you. I want to encourage those of you that are in a cold turkey or rapid taper situation, to keep taking care of yourself, one day at a time until you are completely well. Getting through this is not easy, but the rewards are worth it.

I’ve had all kinds of health issues too. I had candida, UTI’s, hormone issues (I’m 57 and post- menopausal), heart pain so bad my Naturopath ordered a stress test. The stress test came back normal with some heart palpitations that were caused by adrenaline being produced when I for a walk.

I wish you all the best in your journey and I hope you find some calm in your day.

I am sending you my love,

Summer  :smitten:

This is really good news, Summer, especially for those of us on K for long periods.

I'm sorry that you get difficult side effects from time to time but you do cycle out of them.  Your news about the ability to travel and having a closer relationship with your husband is great to hear.

May you progress to full healing!

Love,

Ellen :smitten:

Thank you Summer, I am more then happy for you. I'm going to PM you because I want to ask you about something but wanted to let you know How proud and happy I am for you. What a sweet friend you were to me when I first came to the forum, Thank you!!

Love Jackie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Summer............I am so happy for you, my friend.

You are so brave and strong! While you were struggling....you always took time to support and encourage buddies during this difficult time.

I will never forget your kindness. Wishing you good health and happiness, always.

Love,

Sunny girl :smitten:

Hi Summer

Thank you for the update, its great to hear from you. I am sorry your still experiencing symptoms on and off.  It will get better and better as time goes on...you will eventually come through this.  Take care of yourself, you have always been such a treasure, we are so thankful for the help and support you give to others here.

Love

Magrita  http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/margarita1959/Smilies/emotlove27-1.gif

Wonderful news! I remember when you viewed your only job in this as coloring in your adult coloring book. I always appreciated your level of acceptance and the apparent peace you had. Wishing you continued and complete healing!

Flip❤️

Hi Buddies,

Thank you Ellen, Gardenia, Jackie Brown, Sunny Girl, Magrita,and Fliprain, it is so nice to see you all here. Thanks for celebrating with me. I’m in a window today had having fun with it. I went to the Grand Opening of the New Pike Place Marketfront yesterday and out to dinner with another couple with my husband. We had a great time. I was tired after and went to bed early. It helps for me to get extra rest when I can.

I’m wishing all of you the best.

Love,

Summer :smitten:

Hi Summer,

I am so happy for your milestone 4 1/2 years of being free!  It makes me happy to hear you are able to travel and enjoy going out with your husband and friends.  Thank you for remembering me!  Thank you for your encouragement!  Wishing you continued healing and many blessings.

love,

Flutterbye

Hi Summer

Wow how time flies and Thank you for letting me know

Here is to many more years of healing.

Wishing you all the best.

Duckie  :smitten:

Hi Buddies,

It is so nice to hear from all of you, Ellen, Gardenia, Jackie Brown, Sunny Girl, Magrita, Fliprain, Flutterbye, dd58-Duckie, Begood and Deborah and those that sent me personal messages as well. I appreciate all of you and am happy to call you my friends.

It is so good to see you Flutterbye and dd58-Duckie, I enjoy being in touch with you and all of our BB community.It is nice knowing we are all here getting well together, although the days of being on BB as much as we once were may not be what we do now. It is still important to know we are not alone in the process of getting well. I think of you guys often and wish you only the best. I hope you find some calm in your days and hope your life is getting better all the time.

Love,

Hi Summer, what a wonderful thing to wake up each day and know that you have gone 4 1/2 years without Benzo's and other medications. This being my third taper, it has been the best one, I have taken my time, and rolled with the punches, and have been pretty lucky, mostly blips that come and go. But I know that not rushing is key, and Accepting the Process is Key and not letting fear take over my mind, so I tend not to overthink. Those nagging things that come and go for you will pass, I think that your Brain is doing the fine precision of healing certain areas, and as we both know Time is the great Healer. Stay Strong and Onward and Upward. :smitten:

[move][glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATULATIONS SUMMER" ON 4 1/2 years off"  :thumbsup:[/glow][/move] 

Hi Summer,

Thank you for getting in touch and inviting me to celebrate your 41/2 years of freedom from benzos  :) I'm so pleased that you are doing so well overall and I'm sure, as time passes, you will keep getting better and better.

Congratulations on this milestone, you should feel so proud of yourself!

Love Debbie xxx  :smitten:

Hi Buddies,

It is so nice to hear from all of you, Ellen, Gardenia, Jackie Brown, Sunny Girl, Magrita, Fliprain, Flutterbye, dd58-Duckie, Begood and Deborah and those that sent me personal messages as well. I appreciate all of you and am happy to call you my friends.

It is so good to hear from you, Begood and Deborah. Thank you for congratulating me, but you guys are doing great as well. All of us from victim to survivor. Way to go on your 3rd taper, Begood. It sounds like you have the acceptance thing down. That really helps. I'm so happy you have BB to help you along the way. You are such a wonderful person.

I do feel proud of myself, Deborah. I'm proud of you too. You are great and I appreciate you so much.

I'm up with insomnia tonight. It is nearly 4am here in Seattle. I hope you guys got more sleep than I did.

Love you,

Thank you Summer for your kind words, makes me teary eyed.. :) I had 3-4hrs of sleep, but still feel rested, hope you get some catch up sleep. I am just drinking my first cup of Joe, but so far feeling good today, it is a new day and I am going for it... :smitten:

Hi Begood,

You're welcome. Way to go on getting 3-4 hours of sleep. That's so cool you feel rested. I haven't gotten any sleep and I feel fine. I'm sure it will catch up with me and I will be sleeping most of the day away. It's kind of funny how sometimes the insomnia feels happy and calm. That's how I feel right now.

I hope you are enjoying your coffee.  :)

Love you,

Hi Summer

Thats great to hear. You are a sweetheart and i appreciate when you reached out to me in my sickness. I am starting to heal at 6 months out.  :) :)

Hi Summer,

Wow, your celebration thread is full of old forum friends!  Good to see them all and hear that you're making progress.  Sorry you still have symptoms but glad you're coping and moving forward.

Thanks for the PM heads up... always good to hear from our old buddies.

Challis  :smitten:

Summer...4.5 years???  wow...CONGRATULATIONS...I am happy and envious

thank you so much for coming back and sharing with us all

Love to you

Glad to hear you are doing better and that you are in a window today. Somehow I woke up today in a beautiful window as well. Feels amazing huh?

summer, it's so good to know that you feel better! Thanks for the update! I am almost 40 months out, and I need all the encouragement I can get. Good luck to you, and I hope one day soon the symptoms will all vanish suddenly, as what happens to a lot of people! Keep up the wonderful work. You're a true warrior!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations on such substantial progress and healing Summer!

I wish you nothing but the best in the future and hopefully complete 100% healing is just around the corner. Thank you for being such a wonderfully supportive buddy  :smitten:

Hi Buddies,

It is so nice to hear from all of you, Ellen, Gardenia, Jackie Brown, Sunny Girl, Magrita, Fliprain, Flutterbye, dd58-Duckie, Begood, Deborah, Ama732mx1, Challis99, Laineyk, FloridaGuy, Terry38, Innadaze, and Disney girl and those that sent me personal messages as well. I appreciate all of you and am happy to call you my friends. We are all in this together. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like or if you need encouragement or to know you are not alone.

Thank you for congratulating me and letting me know how you are doing,  Ama732mx1, Challis99, Laineyk, FloridaGuy, Terry38, Innadaze, and Disney girl. It’s so good to see you guys.

It is amazing to feel well again and to be making progress toward full recovery. It is nice to have made it this far. It hasn’t been easy, I still put a lot of energy into doing my best to keep balance in my life and to rest and slow down when I get tired. I am happy to hear all of you are making progress and moving forward. And I’m sad to hear some of you are "in need of all of the encouragement you can get". I have the same needs. I’m here for you, all of us at BB are here for you. You are not alone.

Enjoy the windows. And remember the waves are a sign of healing just as much as the windows. The windows are just easier to have.

Love you all,