• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Ma...]

• [or...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting a shuttering thing around my solar plexus.  Occasionally it is somewhere else, like a leg.  It is an involuntary muscle or nerve thing, sort of like inner trembling but worse.  No pain, it is just like a little earthquake.  Really disturbing me, anyone have this?

Inner trembling have had for years, this is worse ;(

Thx

I am getting a shuttering thing around my solar plexus.  Occasionally it is somewhere else, like a leg.  It is an involuntary muscle or nerve thing, sort of like inner trembling but worse.  No pain, it is just like a little earthquake.  Really disturbing me, anyone have this?

Inner trembling have had for years, this is worse ;(

Thx

I've had that for years. It freaked me out, so after a year or so I bit the bullet and saw a gastroenterologist. I had a full abdominal ultrasound and then an upper endoscopy to look around. Threw in a colonoscopy too since there's a bit of family history there. All was dandy. Nobody could find anything. A good friend of mine and physical therapist thought it was sort of like a muscle trigger point after he did some digging around. He then did some trigger point therapy in the area in the abdomen and that helped a ton. I do it to myself on occasion as needed, but usually I just let it go. It tends to kick into high gear after I eat, but not always. Man, it' always something! I've gotten to where I don't sweat things anymore mostly. I just say it's all a part of the withdrawal journey and move on. I've had some killer amazing symptoms happen since starting the taper and each one drove me nuts, but not anymore. I may regret that when some serious medical thing pops up, but not now. There ya go!

Hang tough.

Jeff

Jeff, this tends to be solar plexus but it also moves down to abdomen... and sometimes to lot of body and my legs, too.

Would trigger point do anything??

What else might help?

So this is from taking too little benzo?  if upped it then might go away-- or if took gabapentin as many do?

This not sustainable... too much is wrong now with me.

Jeff, this tends to be solar plexus but it also moves down to abdomen... and sometimes to lot of body and my legs, too.

Would trigger point do anything??

What else might help?

So this is from taking too little benzo?  if upped it then might go away-- or if took gabapentin as many do?

This not sustainable... too much is wrong now with me.

I sure can't say for sure, but trigger point therapy worked great for me since trigger points tend to have pain radiate all over the place. The other boring answer is to go someplace else and get it all medically checked out. It may be anxiety-provoking to do that, but the peace of mind that can come with it is priceless. This is only my opinion, but I sure wouldn't up a dose just to try to get rid of a symptom(s). I would hold at that dose, then do whatever else is necessary to ease my mind whether it be meditation, exercise, support from others, getting things further checked out by a doctor, etc. Focusing on the discomfort too long just leads to more anxiety and ultimately worse symptoms. The power of the mind to help or even hurt the body is amazing. Be still and try to rationally listen to what you think you need to do next. Find some peace and take a positive step forward. Positive action leads to positive healing and results. Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn :) . My best to you.

Believe!

Jeff

What I have does not hurt.

It is a jumping--  like electric bolt shoot through you.

I stupidly decided to taper off thse drugs altho was much better on them.  My body seems to be objecting and I very low functioning.  Can't get in to drs nowadays or do much of anything.  I really can't do catscan and stuff they likely would do... mri... all that. If it is a tumor somewhere I can't say I'd opt for surgery at this point in any event. 

Final

Did lucid lane really help ?

I slept 5 to 6 hrs last night

and feel I didnt sleep at all.

Yes, Lucid Lane has really helped me emotionally.  It provides a place for me to talk about my fears, express my emotions and get the reassurance that I can get of this medication. 

When I'm going through withdrawal symtoms, I have someone to talk with.  Lucid Lane can't take away my symtoms or tell me how to taper but I can talk through my choices.

I empathize about the sleep.  I am getting between 4 and 5 hours of broken but it's medicated sleep, not restful deep sleep.  So of course I feel tired most of the time. But I will take it for now and hope my sleep gets better once I'm off. 

I hope that helps.  There are other coaches out there but this is the service I landed with.

What do you take for your medicated sleep, Final?

So LL gives no input at all on meds, just listens to, er, anguish? 

What  a job...

The Clonazapam causes my medicated sleep.  I also take a tiny bit of liquid melatonin about an hour after my benzo and then I take some magnesium, which break on half.

Clonazapam.has not been good for sleep at all and never has been from the beginning. 

Yes, LL dosent give input on meds except for information on the side effects and the common withdrawal symtpms.  Again, you can always call for information and there is not long term commitment.  I work with them on a month to month basis.

Yes, my coach hears a lot of anguish but because she truly believes in helping people, I think it makes it bearable.

They were not that expensive when I joined. 

BarbaraAve, I thought they said you could make them an offer on payment?

Also, they do accept some insurances but I dont know how that works. 

Again, I think the best way to find out is to call.

I did call, and they told me the $400/month or whatever they won't take now.  They take insurance, but not mine.

Okay so that's an update.

Hi.  Are you still hear? I'm 67 and feeling very hopeless. I am 18 months off. 16 year who can use with valium dry cut taper. thought I would be better by now. My husband is 72 and a healthy active retiree. He is supportive, but I feel guilty because the money we saved for retirement just sits there because I am to sick to travel or do anything. I can't help but think how different things would have been if I never took Ativan in 2001.

Hi.  Are you still hear? I'm 67 and feeling very hopeless. I am 18 months off. 16 year who can use with valium dry cut taper. thought I would be better by now. My husband is 72 and a healthy active retiree. He is supportive, but I feel guilty because the money we saved for retirement just sits there because I am to sick to travel or do anything. I can't help but think how different things would have been if I never took Ativan in 2001.

Hey Maria, there is a support group called Post Recovery Support Group, lots of great information I think you will find interesting.  At the top of that ,is a thread titled Four Phases of Recovery.  Just go to Home Page and scroll down.

I am sorry your healing is going so slowly, it is more common than you might think and the threads above may make you understand more what is happening in your brain.  I also understand the retirement sitting there, my husband and I had to give up on a trip to London, I am still tapering but hope to make it to London one day.  Hope your recovery speeds up and you are off and traveling soon.  Mary 💜

Am wondering if anyone who got off felt better getting off?  Or is it like if you do get off you will feel worse for a long time before, if ever, better?

Am wondering if anyone who got off felt better getting off?

I felt better. Definitely. But not at once. Also, I had 2 more drugs to taper -- gabapentin and Ambien. I'd say about a year after I jumped (and finished tapering the other drugs), I felt okay.

Katz

Am wondering if anyone who got off felt better getting off?  Or is it like if you do get off you will feel worse for a long time before, if ever, better?

Heck, I'll just be happy to get near the "off" line! It's been a rough ride going down, but I'm hoping for better days when I see the finish. Better days ahead!

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone suffering with tinnitus (ear ringing).  This is absolutely my worst symptom during Xanax withdrawal.  It is usually accompanied by sever nasal congestion and muscle aches in my neck and shoulder.  Ringing causes insomnia and headaches that are fierce.  Is there any relief from this awfulness?

Zuzu,

I have had it constantly for about a year; it never stops. I'm kind of getting used to it, in a way, but it's still very irritating.  I have no clue how to get rid of it.  At night, I have a fan going to drown out the ringing and sometimes there is clicking, too.

I still have my tinnitus. Yup. The Hissing Monster living in my head lol. But really, I almost don't notice it any more, except at times like this when I am writing about it, or my attention is otherwise drawn to it.  It does not disable me or otherwise impede my life. I just kinda got  . . . used to it. An unwelcome guest. I don't obsess about when it's going to leave or if it will. I just try to carry on with things. Other ppl have far worse reminders of their benzo torture than me, so I consider myself rather lucky.

:-\

Katz

Got off clonopin speck, and feel worse.  Still on val and ambien.  Very hopeless after more than 3 years.

The number of folks who do not get better makes me wonder why did i bother?  Guess can still updose and hope for the best.  sigh.