Over 60 help and support.

[Li...]

I’ve been on Ativan for 19 years, I’m 62.  I am going slow and I believe in the future.  I will get better.

Hi Lib, I went to a senior center to sign up for daytime activities.  They had a line dance going.  One woman was every bit of 80 and I was so jealous.  She danced perfectly.  Is it normal to be jealous of an 80 year old.

I also went to a fitness club boot camp.  They put me on my knees.  Again they were 80ish.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Ma...]

• [or...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[0a...]

I’ve been on Ativan for 19 years, I’m 62.  I am going slow and I believe in the future.  I will get better.

Hi Lib, I went to a senior center to sign up for daytime activities.  They had a line dance going.  One woman was every bit of 80 and I was so jealous.  She danced perfectly.  Is it normal to be jealous of an 80 year old.

I also went to a fitness club boot camp.  They put me on my knees.  Again they were 80ish.

Inspirational!  Guess you are not stuck in bed.  How much of a cut do you do and how frequently?  Thanks!

This is slow but I get bad sxs if not so....

Every 2 weeks if no sxs I will drop from 1.82 to 1.81.  If I didn’t have so many upcoming med appointments I would have cut this week.  I tend to notice things around day 3.

I don’t care how long it will take me to get there.  I want to be functional and live life for a change.  I used to be bed bound once as well.  So not fun.

no Tolerance effect as long as I taper slowly and hold as needed. 

I’m tapering one drug at a time.  These psych drugs are nothing to sneeze at!  ;)

I am closer to seventy than I am to sixty.  I have a birthday coming in a couple of weeks.  I dread those things now.  Birthdays.  yuck.

When I first came here, I thought I'd be the oldest person on this site.  I'm not sure why I thought that, except that irl I seem to be the oldest person wherever I go.  I think us old farts have the tendency to have more patience with the horrible world of withdrawals.  We've already had life kick us around.  In my case.. lots.  I could be wrong about this.  I'm wrong several times a day just to keep in practice.  :)

I originally came here after watching the Lisa Ling special.  I remembered the nightmare of four years ago and thought I might be some help for those still trapped in it.  Hubris.  Total hubris on my part.  I think maybe I'll mosey on and leave it to the professionals.  My life is fine now.. except for being frippin' old.  Being here, reminds me of the worst year of my life.  I knew it would but I didn't know how badly it would intrude into my thoughts.  I want to gather EVERYBODY up in a Grandma's quilt and love them into health.  Just rock them until they stop crying, like you do with grandbabies.  Ease their pain.  Make them smile again.  It's not my place to do that, though.  And smiles are nowhere on the horizon for sooo many people. 

So, anyway.  Fellow older folks.  Hang in there.  You will get thru this. 

Libs

I would like to be in that blanket Libs  :). Really nice of you to come to help, I can just imagine the horrible memories it might bring up.  I hope you stay with us, with your experience, but would totally understand if it's just too much.  You are very welcome here though.  Mary 💜💜

i am atrying ato get functional, then taper.  Dr. said with my symptoms so bad don't taper at this point.

So if at this 3 years, since was thrown into acute (probably acute mirtaz withdrawal).. with internal vibrations and host of acute symptoms... what now?  I have to wait?  sheesh....  reallyhard when you are totally alone in little crappy place.  But guess at least it is a place.

My tinnatus has gotten a lot worse, no idea why.  Not driving/agoraphoboia/cog fog insomnia/fatigue are the worst of the bunch I guess.

i am atrying ato get functional, then taper.  Dr. said with my symptoms so bad don't taper at this point.

So if at this 3 years, since was thrown into acute (probably acute mirtaz withdrawal).. with internal vibrations and host of acute symptoms... what now?  I have to wait?  sheesh....  reallyhard when you are totally alone in little crappy place.  But guess at least it is a place.

My tinnatus has gotten a lot worse, no idea why.  Not driving/agoraphoboia/cog fog insomnia/fatigue are the worst of the bunch I guess.

Then hang out at the Long Hold Support Group.  I saw one person wait 1 1/2 years to stabilize but now tapering slowly and really doing well. Most are holding a few weeks and some a few months.  At least you won’t be all e  :)

[0a...]

Thisi is exactly the wa I feel and also just 4 months off Mirtz. Tolerance withdrawal has kicked in and I want to get going.  Hard feeling like this and not even making progress on removing it.

Then hang out at the Long Hold Support Group.  I saw one person wait 1 1/2 years to stabilize but now tapering slowly and really doing well. Most are holding a few weeks and some a few months.  At least you won’t be all e  :)

I would like to be in that blanket Libs  :). Really nice of you to come to help, I can just imagine the horrible memories it might bring up.  I hope you stay with us, with your experience, but would totally understand if it's just too much.  You are very welcome here though.  Mary 💜💜

Thank you, Mary and gardener.  (Haven't figured out how to do quotes from more than one person yet.. sorry)

What I needed was several hours sitting in the sun and petting my dog.  I learned a valuable lesson.  Don't stay on this site for hours at a time, ya silly old thing!  :)  It lets the darkness of old memories misbehave. 

Much love,

Libs

[0a...]

Thisi is exactly the wa I feel and also just 4 months off Mirtz. Tolerance withdrawal has kicked in and I want to get going.  Hard feeling like this and not even making progress on removing it.

So you are still having Mirtz symptoms?

Hey fellow over 60 bunch.  I have a problem  that maybe someone else is dealing with.  Fatigue.

I have RA and one of the main symptoms of it is fatigue.  I've had it thirty years and I deal with it.  No biggie.  However, that year of withdrawals knocked me on my keister.  I was bedridden for the better part of a year.  Lost some weight, which in my case was fine.. except that I was losing muscle mass as a good bit of that weight loss.

Soo.. fast forward to after that year of withdrawals, and I began gaining weight and once again RA had me fatigued.  I know it was RA.  You can't miss that joint pain.  AND I got lazy and didn't fight it.

Now, I'm roly poly big arse old lady.  :)  I can't seem to MAKE myself exercise without getting winded and so tired.  Any interest in forming an over 60 exercise buddy group?  I understand if wd fatigue makes that impossible for anyone right now.  Believe me, I KNOW.  I'm talking about maybe a ten minute commitment to it to start.  Any interest in coming to my house and being my trainer?  (kidding with that last one.. unless you can cook.  heh.)

I just think it would be nice if I could commit to it with others who are experiencing major fatigue and are old like me.. so they don't laugh at my waggly arms.

Libs

I don't have RA, but I need to slowly start exercising again, muscles killing me.

I will join  :D.  Mary.  I do have an eye procedure tomorrow, so might be a few days for me to start :)

I don't have RA, but I need to slowly start exercising again, muscles killing me.

I will join  :D.  Mary.  I do have an eye procedure tomorrow, so might be a few days for me to start :)

Woohoo Mary!  That's one!  Thanks!  I know if I promise you, I will make myself do it.  Give a yell when you're ready to start, darlin'.  Fatigue be gone!

Good luck on that eye procedure, hun.

Libs

Woohoo Mary!  That's one!  Thanks!  I know if I promise you, I will make myself do it.  Give a yell when you're ready to start, darlin'.  Fatigue be gone!

Good luck on that eye procedure, hun.

Libs

More will join, a lot of us need to get off our butt, believe me  :D

I want to comitt to the expercise as well.

I've been walking about 10 minutes, every day after being housebound last year.  My legs are getting a little stronger but my arms are weak.  Want to add some hand weights to start building them up.

Also, when it gets colder I want to be able to keep doing something to keep active.  Still tapering so may have some off days but want to try as much as I can. 

Final

I've been walking about 10 minutes, every day after being housebound last year.  My legs are getting a little stronger but my arms are weak.  Want to add some hand weights to start building them up.

Also, when it gets colder I want to be able to keep doing something to keep active.  Still tapering so may have some off days but want to try as much as I can. 

Final

Yay FH  ;)

Final

Yay FH  ;)

Glad you are in Mary!

Yay!  That's three of us, at least!

I'm going to search YouTube for a Tai Chi video we can link to.  I used to do Tai Chi a very long time ago.  It's a very gentle way to start to move again.

Libs

Yes Tai Chi...This was so helpful when I was coming out of acute w/d.  It's like a standing, moving, meditation.  Not too stressful on muscles and body.  Really love it.  Centers me and helps with my balance issues. 

Yes Tai Chi...This was so helpful when I was coming out of acute w/d.  It's like a standing, moving, meditation.  Not too stressful on muscles and body.  Really love it.  Centers me and helps with my balance issues.

Cool, Dove!  Can you recommend a video or teacher on Youtube?

Libs

Sure Libbie,  I tried a few but finally, I settled on Dr. Paul Lam.  He is a gentle teacher for my beat up old body.  I broke down and ordered his dvd after a couple months.  This made it easier for me to click on and learn these beautiful movements.  If ya do a search on you tube, you can try him out.  Let me know what ya think.

Sure Libbie,  I tried a few but finally, I settled on Dr. Paul Lam.  He is a gentle teacher for my beat up old body.  I broke down and ordered his dvd after a couple months.  This made it easier for me to click on and learn these beautiful movements.  If ya do a search on you tube, you can try him out.  Let me know what ya think.

I am very attracted to his calm centered spirit.  Perfect, Dove.. thank you for taking the time to answer!

This has a free introductory lesson about ten minutes into the video.

Libs

This is perfect!!!! My Mayo doctor says this is better than yoga for people who have neck and back injuries.

I am going to start this.

This is perfect!!!! My Mayo doctor says this is better than yoga for people who have neck and back injuries.

I am going to start this.

Love it!  That's four of us!  Gardener,  should we start a separate topic just for this so we don't clutter up this one?

Libs