Author Topic: Over 60 help and support.  (Read 52124 times)

[Buddie]

Over 60 help and support.
« on: June 26, 2017, 02:29:34 pm »
Hi everyone
I am 61 ( can hardly believe it )  I was thinking that it would be good to talk to people who are 60 or over to see if we have similar symptoms/ problems etc.
I know that we shouldn't really compare because everyone is different but I think that it would be interesting.
I suppose that I am also worried about going through this horrible experience at 61.
Any thoughts or feelings would be great!
Thanks
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Over 60 help and support.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 03:40:20 pm »
I am 65 and getting close to the end of my taper. In your signature lines it looks like you are done tapering and not taking benzos, is that right?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:53:04 pm »
I'm 63 and am 31.5 months out.  Still in it with six symptoms.  Much better than I was, but not done yet.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 06:21:33 pm »
Thanks for the replies.
Yes I had my last Diazepam of 1mg about November 2016 . I was on Sertaline too which I tapered too quickly. I had no idea or I would have stayed on the Sertaline( Zoloft) longer.

What are your symptoms?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 09:01:55 pm »
4:30am cortisol alarm
24/7 head pulsing
Electric feet
Geographic tongue
RLS
ANXIETY

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 02:55:49 am »
73 here.  29 months out today.  Sure can't take stress of any kind.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 03:46:09 am »
66 and hanging on by the skin of my teeth.

Muscle pains the worst.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 08:33:14 am »
What has helped you the most?
My lifesaver has been EFT and Magnesium.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 10:01:40 am »
Hi [...]

Nothing yet has helped with the muscle pains.....do you get them too?

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 01:47:07 pm »
Hi
I have got tenderness around my chest area. A heat pad helps.