Orange juice worsens my symptoms?

[fo...]

Does drinking OJ make you guys feel like your symptoms get worse? I've realized that whenever I drink orange juice I feel like my anxiety and brain fog worsens! I checked to see if it had any artificial colorings, sweeteners etc but it's all natural orange juice.

Does drinking OJ make you guys feel like your symptoms get worse? I've realized that whenever I drink orange juice I feel like my anxiety and brain fog worsens! I checked to see if it had any artificial colorings, sweeteners etc but it's all natural orange juice.

sugar?

sugar?

It has a sugar content of 22 grams.

Probably just the sugar, but I'm curious too.  I began vomiting/sweating a few weeks ago after big glass of OJ, and had heightened anxiety for a day or two after. 

Most orange juice is not what you think it is. The juice is stored in tanks which have all the oxygen removed, which allows it to be stored for over a year. This in effect makes it flavorless, and then the same companies that make fragrances compile a profile of flavoring extracts, which is then added at the time of bottling. This allows each brand to always have the exact same taste regardless of what oranges were used in it's manufacture. They are allowed to call it "natural" because these extracts are derived from oranges. Please try fresh squeezing your own and see if it affects you.

Most orange juice is not what you think it is. The juice is stored in tanks which have all the oxygen removed, which allows it to be stored for over a year. This in effect makes it flavorless, and then the same companies that make fragrances compile a profile of flavoring extracts, which is then added at the time of bottling. This allows each brand to always have the exact taste regardless of what oranges were used in it's manufacture. They are allowed to call it "natural" because these extracts are derived from oranges. Please try fresh squeezing your own and see if it affects you.

Wow that was very educational! thank you so much, I'll give it a shot.

Most orange juice is not what you think it is. The juice is stored in tanks which have all the oxygen removed, which allows it to be stored for over a year. This in effect makes it flavorless, and then the same companies that make fragrances compile a profile of flavoring extracts, which is then added at the time of bottling. This allows each brand to always have the exact taste regardless of what oranges were used in it's manufacture. They are allowed to call it "natural" because these extracts are derived from oranges. Please try fresh squeezing your own and see if it affects you.

Wow that was very educational! thank you so much, I'll give it a shot.

No problem and good luck! :thumbsup:

I agree, there is something about OJ that makes me feel worse.

I used to love orange juice but for the last four years I have avoided it for the most part.

Sometimes I have a couple of drinks but usually stay away from it.

Add it to the list of things that benzos have ruined for us.

• 3 years later...
OJ has a ton of sugar. It’s also has a very little bit of alcohol in it. All fruit juices do. Not enough to warrant an FDA label of “alcoholic” but for some of us who are really damaged are sensitive to things like this.

Most orange juice is not what you think it is. The juice is stored in tanks which have all the oxygen removed, which allows it to be stored for over a year. This in effect makes it flavorless, and then the same companies that make fragrances compile a profile of flavoring extracts, which is then added at the time of bottling. This allows each brand to always have the exact same taste regardless of what oranges were used in it's manufacture. They are allowed to call it "natural" because these extracts are derived from oranges. Please try fresh squeezing your own and see if it affects you.

Ugh I hate the food industry!!! So much is tainted. This is why I grow a lot of my own stuff and forage for wild berries  ;)

Ugh I hate the food industry!!! So much is tainted. This is why I grow a lot of my own stuff and forage for wild berries  ;)

Two Thumbs Up right there..!! (From my coveted supply..)

-thats one each Trina, not two for you..!! Lol