FDA MEDWATCH PROGRAM

[pi...]

This is some very good information about the MEDWATCH program. Thank you to Hope76 for providing this and we at BB support this effort.

FDA Medwatch Reporting Initiative:

World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day is fast approaching (July 11th) and many want to know how they can help. Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC) and W-BAD are collaborating on an initiative to have patients fill out FDA Medwatch reports regarding how they were harmed by benzodiazepines or Z drugs. The form is an easy online submission. You may access this form, background on the initiative, and detailed instructions at this link:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/benzobuddies

Once you have completed the form, please comment "Done" on this thread so we can keep track of the number of forms submitted. You may PM hope76 with any questions or help filling out the form.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [Ms...]

• [Ju...]

• [In...]

This is some very good information about the MEDWATCH program. Thank you to Hope76 for providing this and we at BB support this effort.

FDA Medwatch Reporting Initiative:

World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day is fast approaching (July 11th) and many want to know how they can help. Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC) and W-BAD are collaborating on an initiative to have patients fill out FDA Medwatch reports regarding how they were harmed by benzodiazepines or Z drugs. The form is an easy online submission. You may access this form, background on the initiative, and detailed instructions at this link:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/benzobuddies

Once you have completed the form, please comment "Done" on this thread so we can keep track of the number of forms submitted. You may PM hope76 with any questions or help filling out the form.

For U.S. Citizens only! Thanks in advance for your help!

Thank you piano girl and Colin for getting the word out there, this could change the game completely for the better.  I am so excited about Public Citizen!!!

I certainly hope that FDA Medwatch does something useful with this information.  They certainly didn't do anything with Prozac which still has the highest number of FDA Medwatch complaints out of any drug in the database.  Prozac was my gateway drug that led me to benzos and everything else and yet it is still on the market worldwide regardless of all of the FDA Medwatch reports!

I certainly hope that FDA Medwatch does something useful with this information.  They certainly didn't do anything with Prozac which still has the highest number of FDA Medwatch complaints out of any drug in the database.  Prozac was my gateway drug that led me to benzos and everything else and yet it is still on the market worldwide regardless of all of the FDA Medwatch reports!

If we can get enough complaints in, Public Citizen will take on our case and potentially help us open the doors for a black box warning on benzos. This would be huge. I personally want to stand up and do something about this, and I hope others will join in. I lasted a whole 3 days on Prozac by the way. Definitely not a good drug for me either!

Can I participate? I am not a US citizen but am a permanent resident alien (green card holder)

Good questions! As long as the person reporting (you) has a US address you should be fine.

I hope everyone who is able will participate - this is important stuff!

please spread the word to fellow buddies here on the board who may not have seen yet

This could be our chance to exact change!

Done. I certainly hope everyone participates in filling out this form.

I'm looking forward to benzo awareness day, gonna raise a little stink..get some attention!!

I won't shut up and they can't make me!

Done. I certainly hope everyone participates in filling out this form.

I'm looking forward to benzo awareness day, gonna raise a little stink..get some attention!!

I won't shut up and they can't make me!

LOL nope!!  :thumbsup:

Done, and came here for the link to share on FB.  Not expecting comments or 'likes' (more like crickets), but I've gotten a surprising number of PMs and phone calls asking for help for themselves or their relatives, so I know people are paying attention.  Maybe they've been affected enough to fill this out.

Done, and came here for the link to share on FB.  Not expecting comments or 'likes' (more like crickets), but I've gotten a surprising number of PMs and phone calls asking for help for themselves or their relatives, so I know people are paying attention.  Maybe they've been affected enough to fill this out.

:thumbsup:

submitted mine a few days ago

no excuses. If you can type on benzo buddies you can fill out this form. Don't we all wish people would have done this 20 years ago?

submitted mine a few days ago

no excuses. If you can type on benzo buddies you can fill out this form. Don't we all wish people would have done this 20 years ago?

Thanks sofa (I've always loved your name too) and ang!  :smitten:

I think they knew about it 20 years ago, but the pharma companies have big lobbies. Benzos will keep flowing, but it's good that we keep complaining.

Thanks Miranda Jane and confused! You are not too late. We are trying to get a lot in before 7/11 (world benzo awareness day) but you may report to the Medwatch program any time! There is no expiration date  :)