Three years and across the finish line

[Si...]

Congrats Siggy. It's crazy that you had to go through so much from such a small amount of usage. I was curious, did you have any bad reactions to anything else other than alcohol? Like a sleep aid?

Hi Data_Guy!,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I haven't been on BB in a few weeks. I maybe had some issues with a few things, but nothing that threw me into a bad setback like the alcohol did. The only things I took were mostly natural, other than Hyrdroxyzine and L-Tryptophan. I've tried magnesium, essential oils, and other stuff like that. The doctor offered me some different A/D's to try, but I didn't want to risk having a bad reaction to them.

Yeah, pretty crazy such a small amount would do this. I had no idea. I'm nearing 28 months no alcohol. Most of the time I'm not very tempted, but occasionally I wish I could have a few beers. Other than that, I'm still doing well. It's a hard road, but you'll all get there. 

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Si...]

• [Ni...]

• [Th...]

• [Sh...]

[38...]

Thanks Shayna! Hope you're doing well.  ;D

Your story is similar to mine, except that 4 months after the Zopiclone, I still can't initiate sleep on my own, but the anti-histamines do help me sleep.

I hardly drink alcohol, and can basically go without it for the rest of my life, but first I have to get back to normal.

Hi Andros01!

Sleep can take a while to return to normal. A lot longer than we want, but for sure it will work itself out. I would rank it as my worst symptom by far. I would regularly go for 1-3 days without sleeping. I’m back to where some nights I can get 8-9. Mostly I get 6-7 and sometimes less than that, but I don’t stress in it too much anymore.

I’m glad that antihistamines help some. Keep moving forward and cope the best you can. There are better days ahead!  :)

Andros siggy was a member who was in a group of buddies who had pretty extreme insomnia. Siggy, mtfan, aloha fromhawaii and southern belle, the way. Find their posts and read them. They are all doing much better now x

When things get grim I have screenshots of some of their posts. They really help x