Author Topic: Three years and across the finish line  (Read 8721 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Three years and across the finish line
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2019, 06:12:13 pm »
Congrats [...]. It's crazy that you had to go through so much from such a small amount of usage. I was curious, did you have any bad reactions to anything else other than alcohol? Like a sleep aid?

Hi [...]!,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I haven't been on BB in a few weeks. I maybe had some issues with a few things, but nothing that threw me into a bad setback like the alcohol did. The only things I took were mostly natural, other than Hyrdroxyzine and L-Tryptophan. I've tried magnesium, essential oils, and other stuff like that. The doctor offered me some different A/D's to try, but I didn't want to risk having a bad reaction to them.

Yeah, pretty crazy such a small amount would do this. I had no idea. I'm nearing 28 months no alcohol. Most of the time I'm not very tempted, but occasionally I wish I could have a few beers. Other than that, I'm still doing well. It's a hard road, but you'll all get there. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.