Author Topic: Three years and across the finish line  (Read 8749 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Three years and across the finish line
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 12:24:12 am »
Hi [...],

So happy for you my friend.  Celebrating seeing this!  You are a month further out than me, and it gives me serious hope.  Enjoy your life friend, you have EARNED it!  Will miss our occasional talks, but very happy for you.

Love, MG :smitten: :highfive: :highfive: :balloon: :socool:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 12:33:32 am »
Thanks MG! Yeah Iím not here much anymore, but you can drop me a line anytime.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 11:35:26 am »
Way to go....enjoy!!!  And thank you for posting this.

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 05:35:03 am »
I havenít been on here for while but decided to check in.  Glad I did.  Sleep has been my biggest issue and I also had a huge setback a year ago that took months to improve.  Iím so happy for you! Congrats on your recovery. Best of luck to you always!

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 12:49:18 pm »
Thanks nevercan and [...]!

Yeah sleep was my absolute worst issue, but now Iím doing a lot better. Some days I can barely stay awake. So it can get better even for the most hard core cases.

Good luck my friends!  ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2017, 06:01:09 pm »
[...],

A big belated congrats on your Success Story -- I'm so happy for you! (I just came across it now, since it's been awhile since I've been a regular on this site...Still haven't posted my own Success Story, but hope to soon.) It's great to hear you're doing so well after so much suffering. I always identified strongly with your [...], since we were both short-term benzo users with long-lasting extreme insomnia as a result. Sounds like a really wise decision to forego alcohol. One of the main lessons going through this is to listen to your body, and it seems like yours sent that message until you were ready to hear it.

Wishing you continued, well-deserved health and happiness,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 05:59:36 am »
[...],

A big belated congrats on your Success Story -- I'm so happy for you! (I just came across it now, since it's been awhile since I've been a regular on this site...Still haven't posted my own Success Story, but hope to soon.) It's great to hear you're doing so well after so much suffering. I always identified strongly with your [...], since we were both short-term benzo users with long-lasting extreme insomnia as a result. Sounds like a really wise decision to forego alcohol. One of the main lessons going through this is to listen to your body, and it seems like yours sent that message until you were ready to hear it.

Wishing you continued, well-deserved health and happiness,
[...]

Thanks [...]! Hope youíre doing well these days too.

Yep no alcohol for me now. Itís been over a year now and I donít have any plans to start again. I do still get fatigued easy even though I sleep a lot most of the time now. Some headaches that I never had before, but itís nowhere as bad as some of the other stuff I went through from this. Have a happy new year!  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2017, 04:58:20 pm »
Good news indeed [...]! I too finally connected the dots with alcohol. No more drinking for me. I had a couple setbacks as well and I'm almost 3 years out. I still just can't drink without feeling the yuck return so just not worth it! I'm not on here much either...May 2018 bring you deeper healing and much happiness!
 :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2018, 04:51:35 pm »
Hi [...]-So glad to hear that you are doing well. I'm not on BB too often however I did log on to post my 3 year anniversary. Sadly so many new profiles.

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year!
Francesca :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2018, 05:18:10 am »
HI mimagic, thanks for the post! Yes I guess some people willl just be more sensitive to alcohol after withdrawal. Most of the time now I donít really miss it much. Hopefully 2018 will be a great healing year for everyone.

Hiya Fran! Glad to hear from you after all this time. I hate seeing all the new people that sign up here now too. I just hate all the difficulties they will have ahead of them, but they too will also make it out eventually. Iím set for 2018 to be a better year the 2017. Have a Frantastic year too!  ;)  :laugh: