Tap Water

[Ho...]

Hi,

Does anyone know if drinking tap water could be more harmful after benzo withdrawal? I don't know if this is just my anxiety or if I should look into getting a water filter? I'm especially worried because I'm having issues with hydration right now where I feel constantly dehydrated so I'm drinking a lot. I'm not sure if it's okay to be flooding my body with tap water day after day. Thanks!

Hi!  I suppose if you live in a Third World country you wouldn't want to drink the tap water.  I live in the States near the Great Lakes and our water is spectacular!  Have been drinking it for ages with no problem.

If you are concerned, perhaps your City Hall would have a water report for your area.  You could then make a determination if you are comfortable drinking it.

You will get a lot of "yes and no" inputs most likely.  Just listen to your own mind!  Be well.

Tap water is much better for you than bottled water, IMHO. Bottled water picks up BPA from the plastic, you can taste it in the water. Most tap water is quite good, but a filter never hurts.

We use a pitcher (PUR) water filter and it helps reduce chlorine and other things.  Our tap water often has a very strong chlorine odor.  It's also supposed to help reduce lead, mercury, herbicides/pesticides, chemicals and microbes.  Using a filter might be helpful because, the body wouldn't have to deal with all that stuff on top of recovering from benzos.  Our water smells and tastes better anyways.

Thanks for the the feedback! I was thibking similarly, Burned Out, that with a water filter my body would not have to be detoxifying from any unnecessary chemicals that might be in the water. Plus my water has a chlorine taste too. I think I'll get an inexpensive water filter pitcher. I don't see how it can hurt!

• 4 weeks later...
I have a $300 water purifier i got after Zoloft withdrawal. Even a shower filter. Both awesome decisions.

• 3 weeks later...
You could use a distiller then add shungite stone to your water.or just use shungite stones to tap water.the elite shungite is the best.

I have a $300 water purifier i got after Zoloft withdrawal. Even a shower filter. Both awesome decisions.

I have a filter on my refrigerator water and I have a shower filter also.  Love them both.  I wouldn't drink tap water.

Don't drink tap water it's not filtered properly. Buy zero water 5 stage filter it's only 30 bucks and filters just like the top end ones.

Is this a serious thread ???? Two water what next oxygen produces 'waves' - sorry for the sarcasm and this is my opinion but people need to get on with living and doing normal stuff not having anxiety attacks over tap water!

Is this a serious thread ???? Two water what next oxygen produces 'waves' - sorry for the sarcasm and this is my opinion but people need to get on with living and doing normal stuff not having anxiety attacks over tap water!

Lol so true. I agree this thread is indeed ridiculous.

• 2 months later...

Lol so true. I agree this thread is indeed ridiculous.

You, my buddies, ought to do some research. However psych meds are toxic chemicals as well but two

wrongs don’t make a right. Two rights make an airplane.

Yes americano silly me I must stop drinking the gallons of tap water I am consuming whilst tapering, oh hang on I have hardly had any withdrawal symptoms hmmm. Anyway I am entitled to my opinion and that is there's nowt wrong with a birra tap as we say in Yorkshire. I would love to see your evidence I am sure it's inspiring x

[40...]

Yes americano silly me I must stop drinking the gallons of tap water I am consuming whilst tapering, oh hang on I have hardly had any withdrawal symptoms hmmm. Anyway I am entitled to my opinion and that is there's nowt wrong with a birra tap as we say in Yorkshire. I would love to see your evidence I am sure it's inspiring x

I might drink Yorkshire tap water, but here in NYC it tastes like mushrooms and sludge, even though it appears to be crystal clear.

I’d be delighted to offer you some straight out of the tap as I drink my gallons of tap water that is first run through two layers of filteration - the pre-filter traps the brownish-black sludge and the second filters spores, cysts and chemicals.

It tastes pretty good, and the filters I use cost less than $12 a month. Also, without the filtering my tea tastes like crap.  :)

[40...]

You are alright Leslie I'll stick to Yorkshire tap ta yours sound crap thought the us would have the best water lol

In the USA, the government just says the water is clean, while it pumps raw sewage and toxic waste directly into the waterways, and worse. The oil spills are interspersed with the chemical ones to see that no natural life form goes unlubricated. For ‘fun,’ Google “Love Canal” in upstate NY.  ::)

Now that the few environmental laws we struggled for decades to have put in place are being massively rescinded this year, there’s not much fresh- or sea water that’s going to go unscathed.

Not that my measly filtration system will extract all of that, but at least I’ll deteriorate whilst drinking tasty water.  :laugh:

I would not drink tap water here in FL

They're are always adding chemicals to it

When I moved from up North to here I could smell it and then a few yrs ago it made my dog violently I'll.

I drink spring water.

It tastes alot better, the best is Fuji water.

• 7 months later...

tap water contains fluoride. I recall someone mentioning once to only drink spring water whilst in withdrawal rather than tap or mineral if you can.

shania