Exactly 4 hours sleep every night???

[Ro...]

Hello,

I still can't bring back my sleep after the set back. It it very strange, I sleep exactly 4 hours every night! Exactly! No matter what time I go to sleep, I always wake up after 4 hours! It started with the set back and still is here. The other symptoms are already gone. I wake up every morning with the pain in the neck because of the tightened muscules. I am wondering, do I have to take xsometing for this sleep - Vitamin B, Magnesium? Will they calm this neck/ back pain every morning because of the muscules?

Thank you!

Hi.  My guess is something triggered your issue with sleep (the infection in your body and/or the antibiotics).  I am 7 months jumped and for a while I slept exactly 4 hours, would awaken, and then MAYBE get back to sleep for another hour or two.  Now if I awake in 4 hours I can usually fall back to sleep within an hour and end up getting a total of 6.5 hours per night.  Some nights I can sleep for 6-7 hours straight.  Sleep issues, I believe, are the bane of most of us.  It's upsetting at best!

As for the tight muscles, I'd guess that some type of "withdrawal" issue connected to the trigger is creating brain induced tightness.  I do not know of any given, proven things to help with sleep.  You can look into the Alternative health section board.  At this point I'd encourage you to try anything YOU feel may help from tips on that board.  All this crap just takes time to get better.  Wishing you the best.

If you can, I would relax in bed and read, or some other kind of sedate activity. After an hour or two, I bet you could very well fall back asleep for an hour or two. This was my pattern for a very long time. After the first wake up, I felt very awake, but eventually got sleepy again.

Don't know what to say about the tight muscles--have you posted about this elsewhere? it seems to be a common withdrawal symptom.

Waking up after 4 hours is normal. Humans used to be diurnal. The question is whether you go back to sleep. Try not to freak out about waking up. Just lay there as if it didn't happen and see if you go back to sleep. Maybe have another melatonin ready on the night table

Sorry to be naughty here, but what is 'Sedate Activity in Bed'. Sounds like the good old missionary position.

Sorry to be naughty here, but what is 'Sedate Activity in Bed'. Sounds like the good old missionary position.

No, no, no, must have very little movement. More like light petting  >:D But nothing too exciting  :angel:

Hi.  My guess is something triggered your issue with sleep (the infection in your body and/or the antibiotics).  I am 7 months jumped and for a while I slept exactly 4 hours, would awaken, and then MAYBE get back to sleep for another hour or two.  Now if I awake in 4 hours I can usually fall back to sleep within an hour and end up getting a total of 6.5 hours per night.  Some nights I can sleep for 6-7 hours straight.  Sleep issues, I believe, are the bane of most of us.  It's upsetting at best!

As for the tight muscles, I'd guess that some type of "withdrawal" issue connected to the trigger is creating brain induced tightness.  I do not know of any given, proven things to help with sleep.  You can look into the Alternative health section board.  At this point I'd encourage you to try anything YOU feel may help from tips on that board.  All this crap just takes time to get better.  Wishing you the best.

Thank you, Jeanermouse!

It is exactly the same with me. I fall asleep every night. I wake up after 4 hours (between 4 and 6 a.m) then fall asleep again around 9 a.m. for couple of hours. But I am so exhausted during the day. The feeling is like I have not fall asleep. Hope this set back ends soon.... I just wonder will it be a good idea to take Vitamin B or Magnesium. I do not take any medications or supplements.

If you can, I would relax in bed and read, or some other kind of sedate activity. After an hour or two, I bet you could very well fall back asleep for an hour or two. This was my pattern for a very long time. After the first wake up, I felt very awake, but eventually got sleepy again.

Don't know what to say about the tight muscles--have you posted about this elsewhere? it seems to be a common withdrawal symptom.

Meowie,

The problem is that I wake up every night after exactly four hours of sleep. I fall asleep easy but after that....

Hi Rositsa, when you wake up, do you stay in bed and try to fall back asleep or do you get up and do other things? I think what Meowie is saying is that you should try to stay in bed and get drowsy again. She suggested reading, but I literally just lie in bed with my eyes closed and oftentimes I am rewarded with a little bit more light sleep of some sort...

Hey Rositsa!

It's happening to me too. Mine is 4 hours exactly! I tend to fall asleep around 11, and wake back up at 3 every morning. It's been doing this for 3 straight months now. It's exhausting for sure. I'm hoping this changes for the both of us 👍 me and you both got rocked by the antibiotics. And our drugs didn't help the situation either lol

Hey Rositsa!

It's happening to me too. Mine is 4 hours exactly! I tend to fall asleep around 11, and wake back up at 3 every morning. It's been doing this for 3 straight months now. It's exhausting for sure. I'm hoping this changes for the both of us 👍 me and you both got rocked by the antibiotics. And our drugs didn't help the situation either lol

Yes, Scrappy, unfortunately it is true.

How are you? Is it get any better?

Hi Rositsa, when you wake up, do you stay in bed and try to fall back asleep or do you get up and do other things? I think what Meowie is saying is that you should try to stay in bed and get drowsy again. She suggested reading, but I literally just lie in bed with my eyes closed and oftentimes I am rewarded with a little bit more light sleep of some sort...

Yes, I stay in bed and after 2 or 3 hours fall asleep again but not in the deep sleep as the previous four hours. I can't call it even sleep. Some kind of nap. :(

Hey girl,

I'm doing a lot better actually. The only thin that's really lingering is this 4 hour sleep thing. I felt like if I can get back to my regular sleep pattern, I'd be 99%. But I'm still greatful that I'm doing much better than when we talked last!

How have you been lately besides the sleep issue?

Hey girl,

I'm doing a lot better actually. The only thin that's really lingering is this 4 hour sleep thing. I felt like if I can get back to my regular sleep pattern, I'd be 99%. But I'm still greatful that I'm doing much better than when we talked last!

How have you been lately besides the sleep issue?

Well, it seems to get better but I actually have a new symptom - burning skin. Last night my legs burn. It is only for a couple of hours but is new for me. Never had it before.

We must stay away from antibiotics. This Augmentin made a total mess... Almost 3 months passed and even now I don't feel the window...

Wassuupppp girly!

My eyes and ears have definitely been pretty good lately. Not 100% healed yet, but MUCHHHH better. How are yours?? I'm happy that we seem to be doing a lot better, being that we are not on here as much, but I do miss our convos! Have you been getting to the beach lately?? Taking advantage of this hot weather?

Yes! I finally went snorkeling! I haven't gone scuba diving yet though. Soon Hopefully! Ears still rining but some days are better so... Yeah, I am doing good... My ears are the lingering symptoms... Cant wait for that to GO!!!!

Super glad you're feeling better... :) Sleep improving yet?

That's awesome :) where did you snorkel?? You should take a go pro with you and catch some awesome underwater film. I'm sure you already do though lol.

But yeah, my sleep is actually improving now too... I'm getting about 5-6 hours a night, which is awesome. Things are going good fo sho. I'm glad to hear that your ears are getting better  :thumbsup:

That is my sleep pattern, 4 hours sleep and then wake up. It used to be 2 hours then 3 hours so I guess it is progress at 4 hours sleep now , I am 38 months Ct