12 weeks off and suffering

[mo...]

My dr tapered me off four meds at the same time!  My taper was only 4 weeks!!  I finished my taper almost 12 weeks ago.  I was on Abilify 2mg, Pristiq, trazodone 400 mg and clonazepam .2 a day.  I was on Xanax for 2 years then switched to clonazepam for the last 8.  I have gone back on trazodone 100 mg to help me sleep.  I was on them because of extreme stressful life situation.  My son with autism had some very, very bad years and I developed PTSD.  He is doing unbelievably well now at 15 years old. Now it's my time to get well.

I was horrified when I read the Ashton manual.  My dr had reassured me that the medications were safe and not addictive.  I feel very betrayed.  I am hoping to have withdrawal support here. 

Hello  momert :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Congratulations on being benzo free!  I am sorry you were tapered off all the meds together and so quickly.  You will come through this. Having withdrawal symptoms at 12 weeks out is quite common.  It can take quite some time to recover, so hang in there, these symptoms are temporary and will resolve with time.

I am so pleased your son is doing better, and soon you will be well too.  You will find some valuable support and information here.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I am glad you are familiar with The Ashton manual, i will leave a link here: The Ashton Manual its an invaluable resource.

Here is a link to our Post withdrawal recovery support.

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Thank you for your warm welcome  :)  I am so glad I found this support board and know I'm in the right place. 

momert

[fa...]
I'm also about 12 weeks off; a ct....and it is brutal...I honestly pray it will end soon...Mostly I have derealization, high agitation/anxiety and irrational fears/intrusive thinking...hang in there...it's so hard..

Thanks hardtocope!  Yes it is so hard.  My worst symptoms are insomnia, frequent urination, sensory sensitivity/general sensitivity, headache, cognitive issues and muscle twitching.  You hang in there too.

It seems a bit too fast.

I hope you can find some relief.

Try acuponcture if you can afford it.

Hang in there,

Maddog

It seems a bit too fast.

I hope you can find some relief.

Try acuponcture if you can afford it.

Hang in there,

Maddog

ok that didn't work tried to post to Maddog's quote. 

Yes, it was way too fast.  I only found the Ashton manual after I had tapered.  Have you tried acupuncture?  How did it help?  Did you notice it right away or did it take a few sessions?  Thanks.

Hi Momert.  Boy oh boy that doctor was way off in your taper but unfortunately these medical folks just don't get it.  I give you credit to be this long off meds.  However, you are in the thick of it now with withdrawal symptoms and truthfully, you may experience a bit more time needed to heal given the combination of meds you had.  (At least you have something for sleep as insomnia only adds to the agitation and healing process delay.)

There may be some alternative or natural methods/products you could try if you visit that area of this forum to help you through.  Stay with us and keep heading toward your goal.  It sucks for sure but based on all the other BBs attestations, it DOES get better!!  I am 7 months jumped and find I am doing MUCH better and recognize tidbits of healing for me here and there.  Keep going forward.  Take care.

Hi, I'm in my 8th month of healing. I didn't think I was getting any better at 7th month. It was horrible, with just small windows of relief. I've had horrible allergies to so many things that never really bothered me before. Then waves of nerve pains all over my body, especially at places that have had trouble before. Cold packs have helped with the pain. It seems to confuse the nerves. I just want to say, hang in there, it does get better. What has been done to us, is criminal, with no real help from Dr's, because they just don't know or care. Research is your helper. Glad you have found this site.

Hi Momert.  Boy oh boy that doctor was way off in your taper but unfortunately these medical folks just don't get it.  I give you credit to be this long off meds.  However, you are in the thick of it now with withdrawal symptoms and truthfully, you may experience a bit more time needed to heal given the combination of meds you had.  (At least you have something for sleep as insomnia only adds to the agitation and healing process delay.)

There may be some alternative or natural methods/products you could try if you visit that area of this forum to help you through.  Stay with us and keep heading toward your goal.  It sucks for sure but based on all the other BBs attestations, it DOES get better!!  I am 7 months jumped and find I am doing MUCH better and recognize tidbits of healing for me here and there.  Keep going forward.  Take care.

Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I'm glad to hear you are doing so much better at 7 months.  It gives me hope :smitten:

Hi, I'm in my 8th month of healing. I didn't think I was getting any better at 7th month. It was horrible, with just small windows of relief. I've had horrible allergies to so many things that never really bothered me before. Then waves of nerve pains all over my body, especially at places that have had trouble before. Cold packs have helped with the pain. It seems to confuse the nerves. I just want to say, hang in there, it does get better. What has been done to us, is criminal, with no real help from Dr's, because they just don't know or care. Research is your helper. Glad you have found this site.

Thanks Sunshine!  My allergies seem worse and I'm sensitive to food so now I stay away from processed food and restaurants.  It's hard.