Has anyone done a swap of clonazepam to valium not a crossover?

[tn...]

What i need to know has anyone done a swap of 1mg clonazepam to 20mg of Valium...no 2 to 4 week crossover where you take both benzos together..just a straight substitution...and did it go well..because i have been trying to taper of clonazepam for 11months..and it's killing me i cant do it no more...I'm sure many have did what im asking..can you please try and give me some advice on how it worked out

I was on Ativan 4mg and had tapered it down to 1.75mg doing a crossover.  But, the Ativan was working me over ever since I started taking it.  Stupid that I got to 4mg trying to stabilize.  Was having some anxiety from some heart meds and listened to my stupid doc and started the Ativan.  Wasn't told about the addiction level and how hard it is to get off this crap.  Former alcoholic so if I had known I would have never taken it.

Anyway, I was taking 27.5mg of Diazepam (Valium) and 1.75mg of Ativan and did a total switch.  Went to 40mg of Diazepam and dropped the 1.75mg of Ativan.

Been rough for 2 weeks but I'm holding on.  Still able to function. 

I would suggest starting the crossover first just to get some of the Diazepam in your system.  It takes a few weeks to get into your system good.  If you try to do a straight crossover you might end up worse off than you are now because the diazepam hadn't built up.  When I did my complete switch I already had 27.5mg of Diazepam in me. 

How long have you been on Clonazepam?    That will make a difference on how to proceed.

A straight switch may work, it didn't work for me however.

I was completely unable to take both on the same day, I once was able to take diazepam (only) for 7-9 days till I got short on clonazepam (drugs interact) and I stopped the diazepam.

I don't understand all that 'build up' stuff, clonazepam has to 'build up' too.

• 1 month later...

Well am reading this since I am stuck doing very poorly on like something like .08-.12 of clonopin and 5 valium.  I have not gone all the way over.  Been on the valium since April.. been on clonopin 30 plus years.

And I had been taking Ambien more often than like to think in that month when that awful Remeron threw me for a loop.  So if that about 10 mg Ambien... should I perhaps be on MORE than 5 mg valium?  What to do now that I've been trying this since mid-April?

I get like zero sleep and vibrations.

The occasional Ambien I do mean occasional) or 100 lyrica will put me to sleep but nothing else so far.

Having a rough time for sure; thanks for any input.