Feeling confused

[...]

I have recently stopped taking Xanax and the doctor replaced it with Valium which, did nothing for my anxiety but makes me tired. Now he is prescribing .5 Klonopin three times daily. Will I EVER get off of these benzo's? My anxiety is so bad I can barely make it to my mailbox! :-\

Hi Ayse:

You can and you will get off benzos.  Klon is a much better place to start from than Xanax since it has a longer half-life meaning that you won't experience so much interdose withdrawal.  Give it a couple of weeks on Klon for and then start cutting about 10% every week to ten days.

ntw

Ayse,

Your c/t of Norco is probably also feeding this.  I'm no expert but I have taken norco (which is hydrocodone/acetominophin at a higher dose than of hydro than vicoden). 

You may want to consider talking to your doctor about taking some clonidine for a short time...it's a bp med but it also works to help with the agitation of opiate w/d.

Hopefully your doctor will have some knowledge in this area.

take care,

truck

Just Breath is right  :thumbsup:

The second topic was moved in General Withdrawal Support :)

You have already got very good advice Ayse :) You will sure be able to come off benzos. Stay with us and you'll get the support and information you need :)