Author Topic: How to deal with cabin fever?  (Read 2280 times)

[Buddie]

Re: How to deal with cabin fever?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 07:17:42 am »
Hey [...] and others,
i have been feeling quite depressed for the past few days. Not nice  :( And this certainly doesnt help the cabin fever cause i dont feel like doing much, just would like to sleep and escape all this. Have been making the puzzle and knitting and watching tv but all is so flat, i dont feel any interest in anything. I just exist and do some things because i know i have to do something.

Yesterday was able to walk my dogs a little, but really had to force myself and wasnt easy.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 02:52:53 pm »
(((([...])))) I'm so sorry. How is the weather where you live? I know days like today are really hard for me and make me really not want to go out. (It's been RAINING, cloudy, etc. since Wednesday.)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 07:31:03 am »
I don't have time tor ead these posts right now, but I've definitely felt beyond bored and lonely since moving into an apartment by myself the past few months.  I'm starting to walk to stores more, but that's about it.  I really wish i knew where to even go and how to stop feeling so depressed when I do stay inside!

I haven't figured out many tips yet myself, but I'm interested to see if anyone has ideas for you/me/whoever.  I will read the previous replies when I get a chance.  :p

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 04:26:18 pm »
Hmmm.... with this bad weather I feel the same, bored and restless at the same time. Got to doooo sommmething!!!

What helps me is making plans for the future (even if it never may come true!! lol). Like right now I am checking out apartments in Turkey, either for a vacation or since I am on disability pension, permanent. Its really interesting seeing the wonderful apartments they have up for sale. Well ... thats just my dreaming and who says you cant dream?

I also have anxiety going out, but only when I am walking, its sometimes a real hurdle just to go food shopping. With me though, I feel very well when I am driving as the car is kind of a shield to me and my anxiety is gone. I do knit sometimes and the monotonous movements have a calming effect on me, my thoughts dont race so much.

[...]