Please Some Advice From Folks Who Have Water Tapered fron Xanax and Xanax Only

[...]

Hi,

I know everyone is different with different tolerance levels etc, I was wondering if anyone has tapered off of Xanax and that alone from 1-2 mg daily and no other Benzo or SSRI.

I was supposed to start my taper a few weeks ago and came down with the flu, so put it off.

Currently, I'm stable at about 1 1/2 mg, taken mainly at bedtime and have been on it for a total of a little over 2 years, starting at .25mg and slowly increasing to where I'm at now.

Once in a great while, I've taken 1 3/4 mg, about once or twice a month.........That's about it.

I plan to start next week and have all the jars, syringes, vodka and journal ready to go.

I know a Benzo is a Benzo, but was just curious about just straight Xanaxers.......BTW, I get all W/D side effects (probably interdose) and I realize I'll probably have to take multiple doses as opposed to what I'm doing now.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

You can take the biggest part of your dose dry and titrate the rest. dont be afraid to dose as many times a day as you need to avoid interdose wd. I was dosing 5 times a day when I jumped

Hi,

I know everyone is different with different tolerance levels etc, I was wondering if anyone has tapered off of Xanax and that alone from 1-2 mg daily and no other Benzo or SSRI.

I was supposed to start my taper a few weeks ago and came down with the flu, so put it off.

Currently, I'm stable at about 1 1/2 mg, taken mainly at bedtime and have been on it for a total of a little over 2 years, starting at .25mg and slowly increasing to where I'm at now.

Once in a great while, I've taken 1 3/4 mg, about once or twice a month.........That's about it.

I plan to start next week and have all the jars, syringes, vodka and journal ready to go.

I know a Benzo is a Benzo, but was just curious about just straight Xanaxers.......BTW, I get all W/D side effects (probably interdose) and I realize I'll probably have to take multiple doses as opposed to what I'm doing now.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

Thanks jr.......................So I guess, I'd titrate the 1/2mg and do the 1mg dry at bedtime since that is when I take it for sleep.

If you have .5 pills that will be fine. At some point , you will have to start multidosing as interdose problems may appear.How long have you been on?

Thanks jr.......................So I guess, I'd titrate the 1/2mg and do the 1mg dry at bedtime since that is when I take it for sleep.

In March of 2015, I started on 1/4 mg once a day or more as needed, soon upped to 1/2mg, then 1mg about a year ago and not take it every day.

It was then that I noticed weird bodily sensations occuring, stomach cramps, involuntary twitches, tingling and it was then I put 2+2 together and started doing some research on how bad this crap is.............Putting the cart before the horse, just about a year ago went cold turkey, lasted 4 days and thought I was going out of my mind and went back on.

Since then, I'm now at 1 1/2 mg and know it's time to taper...............The double edge sword is, I take care of my mom who has dementia and it's the only thing that helps me sleep.

As I write this, it is 10:30 pm EST and haven't taken anything yet today and my usual w/d's have been on going for a few hours...........drippy nose, cramps, irritability etc.

Got to start soon, just don't know the right approach.................My pills are 1mg.

IMO, Why dont you try dosing 3x per day. if you are taking 1.5mg divide it into 3 doses of .5 every 8 hours.

In March of 2015, I started on 1/4 mg once a day or more as needed, soon upped to 1/2mg, then 1mg about a year ago and not take it every day.

It was then that I noticed weird bodily sensations occuring, stomach cramps, involuntary twitches, tingling and it was then I put 2+2 together and started doing some research on how bad this crap is.............Putting the cart before the horse, just about a year ago went cold turkey, lasted 4 days and thought I was going out of my mind and went back on.

Since then, I'm now at 1 1/2 mg and know it's time to taper...............The double edge sword is, I take care of my mom who has dementia and it's the only thing that helps me sleep.

As I write this, it is 10:30 pm EST and haven't taken anything yet today and my usual w/d's have been on going for a few hours...........drippy nose, cramps, irritability etc.

Got to start soon, just don't know the right approach.................My pills are 1mg.

I was thinking making a liquid titration of 1.5mg, pulling an ml daily and dividing into 3 equal doses after the pull.

Or a dry/liquid combo..................The consensus here seems to be liquid all the way...........From what I've read and heard, it has the least w/d's and side effects..............Slow but steady.

there is no need to pull anything. Take your dose and dont throw away anything. You can make up a batch that will last 7-10 days.

I was thinking making a liquid titration of 1.5mg, pulling an ml daily and dividing into 3 equal doses after the pull.

Or a dry/liquid combo..................The consensus here seems to be liquid all the way...........From what I've read and heard, it has the least w/d's and side effects..............Slow but steady.