Long Term Taking Xanax & Klopin Since 2005

[mi...]

Reading horror stories online is the best way to get terrified. Why do it to yourself?

Why don't you see those people here who have been in much higher doses than you, even went cold turkey and are doing fine now?

It isn't an easy thing to do, but it can be done, people prove it all the time - everyday in this forum in the celebration section and the success stories one.

Start reading some success stories, instead of horror ones  :yippee:

Honestly

I have read both yes and no.  My belief is no.  I was reading the benzo book last night which quotes professor Ashton saying no to permanent.  I think it's an individual thing.  Try not to think of the what if's...they will freak you out and know you down.  Most of what I see is that people do heal just fine.  Some right away, some within 6-18 months and the small few who take longer.  There are a very small few who say that they have experienced this.

I will try to pull some research for you this afternoon. 

The thing with benzodiazipine use is that we stop producing gaba which we do naturally.  During healing our body essentially needs to relearn what it used to do naturally.  Maybe try some online word games or strategy games to get your brain working  :thumbsup:.

Traycee

Too many lights bother me i feel dizzy, blurry vision,  i am on klonopin 1mg in the morning 1mg at night...

i am only 27 years old and memory loss a little. worried alot thinking alot. what to do workout like i said i used to

double dose 2mg of xanax daily for severe gad.... when its dark i feel better... i do the relaxing tape Attacking

Anixety.

I understand.

I was having "benzo blackouts".  I felt ashamed when after detox---- a movie preview came on the television and I said I wanted to see the movie.  My husband said we had gone already on opening night!!!  I dont remember a darn thing about the movie.

So  then I went and read about brain damage and worried that

I will never be able to have my cognitive---thinking skills  back up to par.

So I go read on the internet and I scared myself like you did and I also read that we have something like a 30% higher chance of getting Parkinsons disease!!!

I used to be described as "sharp" now I feel like the dullest knife in the drawer.

How about we stop reading spooky stuff. :yippee:  :yippee: