Living in the Light: OldFriend/Corman’s Success Story

[Ol...]

I love your list of suggestions. All are right on. The part about letting go of resentments is, IMO, key. Too many people stay angry at their doctors. They assume doctors know everything and it just aint so! Doctors believe in pills and drugs. Many of us now simply dont. I used to be on about 12 meds a day. Now I take 3, all of which are for essential hypertension.  When I went CT off Klonapin and Ambien, I was extremely angry at my doctors. I did a lot of blaming. Well, time went on and as my mind sort of cleared a bit I realized that nop one pointed a gun at me and demanded I take pills. I took the pills willingly because back then I still believed in drugs for the mind. I was quite addicted to benzos. I had been kidding myself for years. I finally let go of my anger and resentment against my doctors, but nor did I ever trust them again. I finally learned to make my OWN decisions once I got off benzos. I moved to a new town and found a doctor who is very willing to give me my own control over my care. He never tries to talk me into something, as my former doctor did. I am the only captain of my Health Ship now. And losing that anger felt wonderful. Losing my anger allowed me to focus on MY getting better.

east

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I LOVE this story!! Did the book every get done and published? How are you now? Thank you so so so much for sharing!!!

• 3 months later...
Omg, I can't believe still after reading how you suffered. How crazy is that and finally you made it, you are a warrior. I bow to you man. You gave me hope

• 2 weeks later...