6 months off today

[te...]

I am 6 months off Klonopin today. I am doing much better than I was in acute. The heart pounding fear and sensitivity to light/sound is gone. The suicidal thoughts are gone. Acute lasted 2-3 months. Then I had extreme despair and depression. That too has moderated. My worst symptom that I still have is insomnia. Most nights I get some broken sleep, but as recently as last week I had a terrible wave--4 nights of barely any sleep. I am holding onto hope that someday my sleep will return to normal. I am still very upset that I'm going through this, but in my more coherent moments even I have to admit that I have healed a great deal. I wanted to share this because if it encourages just one person out there, it would be worth it. I have spent so much time reading the posts of those that have gone before me. I want to thank every single person who wrote about their experience. You all have given me hope in my darkest times and reminded me that I'm not alone.

Yay you!!!  Six months is a huge milestone, and I'm so glad to hear your symptoms are improving.  I hope your sleep is back to normal very soon.

Thanks for the encouragement - I'm two months behind you, and your story is very good news indeed.

CH

• 1 year later...

Thank you for this. I am just into my third month and this gives me hope.

Hi, I am 18 months out now and doing so much better! I mostly feel normal, but still waiting for my sleep to be normal (I used to be a great sleeper). Even my sleep has improved a great deal. The progress is slow, but the healing is REAL. Please take good care of yourself and get through one day at a time. Hugs to you  :smitten:

Hi, I am 18 months out now and doing so much better! I mostly feel normal, but still waiting for my sleep to be normal (I used to be a great sleeper). Even my sleep has improved a great deal. The progress is slow, but the healing is REAL. Please take good care of yourself and get through one day at a time. Hugs to you  :smitten:

Did you have agoraphobia and other symptoms also? Like, I miss going camping and to the beach and travelling via plane to visit family. Did you lose all that and then it came back? I can't believe three months on this "medicine" has so completely erased my personality and life.

Hi Teegirl I am exactly in your situation Like you this is my sixth month. I also still have some sleep issues But sleep is way better than acute stage But I am yet to reach that kind of stage where I feel drowsy and drift off to sleep My current sleeps is broken most of the time .There are few difficult days in a month when I have sleepless nights .May be I am in wave during those days .Praying hard to get back my pre benzo sleep

GREAT news and happy for you T, I'm hoping to be the same soon!

Aw thanks Beat. Hope you are doing well in your recovery  :smitten:

Did you have agoraphobia and other symptoms also? Like, I miss going camping and to the beach and travelling via plane to visit family. Did you lose all that and then it came back? I can't believe three months on this "medicine" has so completely erased my personality and life.

I didn't have agoraphobia, but early on I remember trying to go out to lunch at a restaurant and having a panic attack. I couldn't watch TV, couldn't listen to music, was too weak to wear my clogs... now I can do all those things and more! The day I was able to wear my clogs again, I was like "wow!" ... I still don't go out at night to parties or movies or anything "exciting" ... but I'm hopeful one day I'll be able to do those things too... one step at a time...

Hi Teegirl I am exactly in your situation Like you this is my sixth month. I also still have some sleep issues But sleep is way better than acute stage But I am yet to reach that kind of stage where I feel drowsy and drift off to sleep My current sleeps is broken most of the time .There are few difficult days in a month when I have sleepless nights .May be I am in wave during those days .Praying hard to get back my pre benzo sleep

Hi, Congrats to you on reaching 6 months and so glad to hear your sleep has gotten better. My sleep has been very broken too, post-Benzo. But I'm at 18 months now, and have seen a lot of improvement in the quantity and quality of my sleep. Do you keep a regular bedtime? Hope you keep feeling better... I'll be praying for you too...

Hi, Congrats to you on reaching 6 months and so glad to hear your sleep has gotten better. My sleep has been very broken too, post-Benzo. But I'm at 18 months now, and have seen a lot of improvement in the quantity and quality of my sleep. Do you keep a regular bedtime? Hope you keep feeling better... I'll be praying for you too...

Teegirl, I've been suffering from insomnia for 3 months now. I am so glad to hear that sleep for you is somewhat better. I hope it gets better for me, too. Do you find that there's been consequences/obvious ill effects from your experience of insomnia. Did you suffer any cognitive problems like memory problems, trouble learning new things, doing simple math in your head?

Thanks!

Teegirl, I've been suffering from insomnia for 3 months now. I am so glad to hear that sleep for you is somewhat better. I hope it gets better for me, too. Do you find that there's been consequences/obvious ill effects from your experience of insomnia. Did you suffer any cognitive problems like memory problems, trouble learning new things, doing simple math in your head?

Thanks!

Hi, amazingly enough I don't notice any ill effects from the insomnia, and thankfully I didn't have any cognitive issues. I'm so sorry you have the insomnia too. It will get better over time. What helped me the most was lying in bed with my eyes closed during the night. Often, I would get a little bit of light sleep when I didn't expect it. If I had given up and gotten out of bed, I would have missed all those little sleeps. Gradually over time, the sleeps get longer and improve in quality. I know it's easier said than done, but please try not to stress too much and take good care of yourself. Best wishes for healing  :smitten: