Head pressure and squeezing.

[fr...]

I'm quietly celebrating today because last night I took my last 1/400 of a mg of Clonazepam.  Seems like a ridiculous amount to end my taper plan but with the

long half life of this med, I am sure there is a lot of reserve left in my brain.  So at some point in the  next few days and weeks my brain can begin true healing.

On a positive note, the past two days have been the best in 4 months, the best since I had tapered to 10% of 1 mg.  Happy to know I didn't need the other 90% of this

wicked pill.

Now comes another phase for me. I'm optimistic about the future but not oblivious to the possibility that I will see more dark days.  I'm just going to live

for the shining light through any windows that God offers up.

Good luck to all of you here.

What a great post to read Klonkar, very happy for you !!  Mary

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Vi...]

• [Kl...]

• [Aj...]

• [Ho...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Scooby, can relate. I have also been drug free for a long time and my

head is driving me mad- squeezing, pressure, stabbing pains, even

stabbing pains in my ears. I do take paracetamol to try to help it but

it does not help much. I see strangers on the tv screen even when it is

off. Can you or any other BB advise? It makes me cry and want to bang my

head on the wall. Pat

I truly believe our brain not able to heal until we off all medication. I felt my brain on fire for 3 years with severe pain and squeezing, but now I’m off I feel is starting to heal. Still severe pain but sometimes it ease up a bit what gives me a huge hope.

I hope you get better soon

Vica

Thanks for more info Vica:

I just called my N.D. doctor and he said women in the natural world take progesterone to calm them down, helped them sleep, and cured so many with bad headaches.

But then he knew nothing about benzo withdrawal until I shared my story.

He told hormone therapy was a whole different animal and that even progesterone and estrogen are not related to each other.  I started progesterone long after

my headache started and have been on the same dose through my taper.  As I have already told you, my headache did not get worse until I was at about .25 of 1 mg.

Did you taper progesterone when you quit or did you jump?  Anybody else? 

Just some thoughts.  I have heard horrible stories about magnesium too but I will always supplement with high quality magnesium until my gut absorbs better.  It is

not a GABA agonist like some have claimed but an agonist of an agonist...if that makes any sense.

Hope you are all healing...one day at a time.

Klonkar

Love your post. :smitten: I feel sometimes the same with deep breathing. My headpain gets better for a few seconds...

Hugs

Vica

• 1 month later...

How is everyone doing with severe head pressure and squeezing?

Anybody has some good news  to share?

My headpain is still here ... getting more depressed about it and anxiety is more intense

Anybody had some improvement?

Love and healing to you all

Vica

Dear Vica:

I am now two full months off the clonazepam.  The fact that I am having days with symptoms that are so variable is so interesting.

I have had severe head pressure days, like yesterday when I was resigned to the couch and felt it was one of the worst days ever!!

But then, today my head just feels weird with muscle tension on the skull, neck and face. 

What makes me optimistic is that these symptoms are ever changing which to me means ever healing.  This is such a short time

out for a long term older gal that I feel if things can get even 25% better, I'll be back to playing lots of tennis.  Today I went

to my duplex rental and weeded a big patch of goat head weeds.  Lots of bending over and I was ok.  A big step  from a month ago.

I wish you all optimism and big shiny windows.

love and hugs, klonkar :smitten:

• 10 months later...

Bump

It’s been a while since anyone has posted here but it’s one of my main sx’s right now and so intense. Anyone else?

PP :smitten:

Joining the club.

For me, all the sx pains, burning, numb, squeezing, pressure is allover not just head, worst on head face upper body now.

• 11 months later...

Hi all,

bump! I have had this sx at varying intensities (but mostly one very intense) for 18 months. I can only chalk it up to healing so I guess more time.

love and light

kanoba

• 7 months later...

Bump!!

Does anyone else have this mid taper.

Mine is so bad the last month, that it’s got me bedridden.

I really need to know this will stop. I haven’t been able to be functional at all with this pain

How do I taper with pain so bad???

I’ve been holding for over 2 months and only getting worse, not better.

Literally hanging on by the skin of my teeth.

Lots of other scary symptoms too.

Thanks

Winnie

I didn't know there was a head pressure support group.  I was diagnosed with Lupus Encephalitis last Jan. which explains my head pressure I have all the time.  I wish it would stop. 

• 3 months later...

Bump!

Head pressure was my very first symptom, along with neck pain. It turns out I had reached tolerance. My am dose of Xanax was no longer enough. Anyhow, I had the intense pressure for 3 months straight. Now it has lessened somewhat, but never completely goes away. I’m trying to just enjoy the window and hope it lasts. But man, it’s terrible. Nothing touches it. I’ve had migraines my whole life and I actually prefer them.

• 1 month later...
[24...]

Anyone?? Need help with this insane head pressure!

Came on strong after COVID.

Man, please tell me this goes away!!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone in this head pressure and squeezing group been prescribed Vyepti?  My neurologist seems to think my benzo WD full time headache is classified as a migraine though I'm not convinced.  Here's the link.  I would be so curious if anybody else has seen a neurologist who has recommended this.

https://www.vyepti.com/tools-and-resources/migraine-quiz

I won't get this first shot of 4 per year until the end of August but I will keep you posted as to any positive or negative results.

Klonkar

My MD doc diagnosed me with Lupus Encephalitis about 1.5 years ago because of my head pressure.  Did you ever have an ANA blood screening test done?  Mine was positive and high and then I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2012.

Becksblue:  I have been tested for Lupus and was negative.  I saw your post about this above and did some research.  The symptoms don't seem to fit my scenario.  I am so glad that you had a doctor that went the extra mile to find a diagnosis.  Did he/she have any dietary advice?

Klonkar

Since medical doctors have no nutritional education, if I were you, I'd seek out a good N.D.  They have actually more education than a general practitioner and many so much more, especially in nutrition and autoimmune diseases.  A good one will never Rx a bad drug.  They will search for the reason why you have developed an autoimmune disease in the first place.  The root cause and from everything my ND has told me, it all pretty much breaks down to something you are ingesting or absorbing through your skin; so it could be food or something like mold exposure.  I do not eat glutenous foods any longer and stay way away from corn as it is full of GMO bacteria that kill GABA producing neurons in my GI track. 

I wish you the best in finding the the cause of your disease.

Klonkar

[24...]

Hi Klonkar:

I’m sorry you’re still suffering with these headaches.

What are the glutenous foods.

I don’t eat gluten, but have oatmeal every morning.

I can’t eat much food at all thanks to my MCAS that went insane after my booster Moderna dose.

I do think I have toxic mold exposure, but we can’t afford to fix it at the moment.

I don’t eat corn for the reason you said.

Cheers.

Winnie

I have minor head pressure that sets off other symptoms. It's a doll pain in the top of head, as soon as it starts I know other symptoms will follow like my jawline will feel very weak and like a exhausted feeling almost like I've been tslkkmf for hours on end and ill have issues talking.

Then I'll get lightheaded, my vision which is my worst symptoms yet will go in 30 directions with symptoms I've yet to hear anyone else speak about so it's even more frightening for me.

Sometimes I'll get a choking sensation.

When I'm laying down I'll feel like I'm sinking into my pillow or falling, I'll see very agrees I've light shows, patterns and so on when I close my eyes which sets off my body. My body feels like it's moving with the light show which is craziness to me

I'll also get extreme weakness throughout my body

But I can also count on visual disturbances, lightheadedness, left arm numbness, weakness, pressure or a drooping or pulling sensation and my leg does the same thing... All from a minor head ache.

About 4 months ago things were a thousand times worse. That's how my symptoms work, they morph always being they're worst at the beginning and slowly settling down as time goes. But 4 months ago all my symptoms were heightened, the head pressure I had back was unbelievable and I don't believe most could deal it. It felt like I was on the verge of a stroke, left side of face numb, left arm numbness and weakness along with arm, dizziness and lughthead Ness. I was at the hospital ever single day. What makes it worse is I can't describe the sensations ever, I can only relate them to what I believe they must replicate.

See I have symptoms that no one else is experiencing and it makes me feel so lonely.

[24...]

These are my symptoms everyday.

Got a lot worse after having COVID 2 times.

For the record, everyone with long COVID has these same symptoms.

It’s brutal.

Are you off yet, I still have a long way to go.

Sorry, you’re feeling like this.

I do physio and chiro to help out.

Winnie