Author Topic: Head pressure and squeezing.  (Read 17538 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Head pressure and squeezing.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 06:00:59 pm »
Do others get this in the neck too, that moves around? Sometimes at the back, others at the side, and the throat too?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 01:07:14 pm »
Ok, the pressure has spread to my face now and it's making it feel numb. Anyone else? especially if quite far out? To be honest i'm freaking out!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 09:19:05 pm »
cold (ice cubes in a towel wrapped on head), or  immersion in a bucket with ice cold water (head and face only)

It helps me.I feel as if there are sores at the inside of my skull or brain:/ And if my brain is shrinking or expanding, basically its like a migraine but at instead of behind eyes/temples its all over the skull

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 09:47:29 pm »
Paracetamol might help with the pain, but not the pressure.
My 2 cents on the matter.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 01:49:43 pm »
I used to take ''solpadein'' (in Europe) for recurrent migraine, which has now is kind of gone to my surprise. I had it daily when updosing on benzos. It was one reason I started suspecting benzos are naaaaaasty.... I was updosing a little due to tolerance levels reached and always had migraine.

Now I still get occasional migraine (when I dont sleep enough for example) and avoid solpadein, aspirin, and any drug, I put ice caps or ice hats or just ice cubes in a towel on my head and showlders and wear dark shade eye glasses and try not to read or look tv/pc but listen audiobooks.... Its [...] when I have one cause it feels as if my blood pressure is high too (I used to have a blood pressure monitor but my foggy brains have lost many items and I must invest 50 euro minimum to get a new one).

Ice should not touch bare skin (just to make sure ppl dont hurt themselves reading this), and enough towels should be between the ice and the skin. Ice can burn the skin. One day I froze part of my belly so much that I had to cuddle a warm water bottle. When I say ''ice'' I mean used safely. Its easier to diffuse towels in a water bowl that contains some ice cubes, then wrap it around the head, thats safer than actually wearing ice cubes straight on head/body.

But really I do have surged panic attacks/anxiety/ and tremors as withdrawal symptoms but very glad my daily migraine (that was there with high daily dose of benzo) is now gone...

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 02:53:23 pm »
17 months out and still terrible burning squeezing thingling head and scalp. I don't know how long I will have this but my body is exhausted.
My hormones all over I have inflammation and hasimoto and under active thyroid, low projesterone.... what else is coming. I'm so so tired.
Love and healing to you all
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 06:35:24 pm »
Ok, the pressure has spread to my face now and it's making it feel numb. Anyone else? especially if quite far out? To be honest i'm freaking out!

Yup...me...I have it on both sides of my nose, sometimes all the way up through my eyes to my forehead, and down to my chin.  It is the scariest sensation.  When I have it really bad, I start to worry, because usually that means I'm going to start having vertigo again.  I'm with you...this is definitely worth a freak out...I can't imagine the rest of my life like this...

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 08:46:57 pm »
Anybody feel your scalp has bumps and is hurting very badly? Like your blood vessels are going to explode any second or is feels like a bad cramp in your scalp?
When is going to end? I'm suffering badly
[...]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:12:59 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 11:04:05 am »
I find that Cinnarizine can help with some of the  head symptoms. Not the pain but for me it can esse the wierder stuff a little bit.
I have it on prescription for vertigo in the UK but it is basically a travel sickness pill that is often sold as Sturgeron in chemists.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 11:41:41 am »
Last couple of days Iíve got a vibrating sensation going up the back of my head just behind my right ear? Anyone else had this? Trying to keep calm and treat it like just another symptom but itís starting to freak me out 🤨