3 days COLD TURKEY

[an...]

Hey...just wanted some support..I am 3 days into a CT withdrawl of 1-3mgs Xanax per day...I took my last xanax Firday evening and a kolonopin on sat morning and that's it..I am starting to feel a lil better today,seeming to be having windows where I feel normal,although still having ALOT of morning anixety and muscle pains.Hoping the worst is over...any advice to stay strong?

today is my 3rd day ct from xanax...was feeling good this afternoon..now my anxiety is ramping up..tightness in my chest,panic..nausea..HELP!!!

Are you going cold turkey by choice?  That is a pretty large dose of xanax to try and come off c/t.  I would HIGHLY recommend some kind of taper if at all possible.  At the very least, consider going to a hospital and getting something to help prevent seizure. 

Take it from someone who has been through withdrawal from several types of drugs that are considered "difficult," this benzo thing is a demon that cannot be defeated by will power alone. 

today is my 3rd day ct from xanax...was feeling good this afternoon..now my anxiety is ramping up..tightness in my chest,panic..nausea..HELP!!!

From what I've read on your other threads, anna, you are not able to get more xanax and don't want to anyway.  It seems to me that learning to ratchet down those anxiety feelings would help a lot since anxiety itself can cause chest tightness, nausea, dizziness and so on.  There are many great threads on the Anxiety Board that I hope you will check out.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=58.0

I used a combination of techniques and different ones at different times to learn to calm myself and live with pounding heart, sweating, shaking, etc.  Just remind yourself that these are just sensations and are temporary.  You are not having a heart attack or some dreadful disease, you are going throug withdrawal from a powerful drug.  You will get better with time. 

Anna,

Looks like you came off a pretty high dose cold turkey.  I would say that three days out is not much time but I am glad to see you are doing ok.  I am surprised you are saying you feel good?  If you want to stay the course and be benzo free, you really have to want it.  Keep telling yourself that all this will pass and you will heal.

Did you ever look into doing some kind of taper rather than c/t?

Hoi Anna

You started a heavy journey.....I will call it a walk through the world between!! There are manny phaenomens witch are so surreal and like untrue, and at least it is a torture!! BUT::::::::::::::::::::YOU walk the wright way!!!!! Go on and dont be surprised from all the horrible symptoms you maybe have to go through!!!

I was c/t as well ......and feel pretty better now!!!!

Let us know every moment you do need help!

We are here for you!!!!

Love

Leon

Anna, are you determined to go through this? Even if you are how can you, or we here tell you that you are safe doing this?

Even a super fast taper would be better than a cold Turkey, so If I were you, I'd find a doctor to write me xanax even for a short period of time and then make a taper plan with the help of this forum.

Three days is a short period of time and your dose was pretty high.

I feel for you, I'm quitting xanax as well and I have a difficult time with it.

Don't want to scare you in any way, just my opinion!

Anna-

It looks like you are going to have to ride this out if you don't have access to a doctor who is willing to give you more to help you taper off.

All the things you are speaking of are so clearly w/d.  The question is how much can you handle?

There are people who do it but we generally recommend a slow/moderate taper off.  C/t is dangerous and so much shock to your system.

I have seen people go to the ER and given a script and a handful of pills to taper off quickly.  Not sure at this point if that is even an option or something I should be mentioning.  My job as a moderator is to keep you safe.

Please post here to get you through the next wave of your journey.  Sending my support.  :smitten:

Traycee

[c1...]

Hi Anna,

What you are doing right now is dangerous. You could possibly have a seizure and I would suggest going to the er asap.  If you feel your local er will commit you then go to the next closest one.

Cold turkeying benzos is something that should never ever be done on your own.  I haven't read any of your other threads but I do know that you can find a way to taper, at the very least, even being committed to a rehab or psych hospital for a few days would get you out of danger and afford you some time to find a doctor who would taper you down.

Donna

Anna,

I would come up with a sensible taper and talk to your doctor.  Is there a reason why your GP will not give you more?

This is just me..but I would come up with a taper plan, take it to my doctor and stick to it.  Even if my doctor had to oversee the whole process.

Again, I am not you so I am not sure what your complete situation is.

[39...]

anna-

From your original post in the Welcome Section:

Hi All...

Have been reading this thread since I took my last dose of meds on 2-13-10..I have been on Xanax...1-3 mgs daily,sometimes switching to kolonopin or valium when I ran out..Long stroy short,my fiance and I had a huge fight on Sat the 13th due to his stress of having to obtain pills for me b/c I no longer hand a script..he said to quit or he was done.I love him,and I love my life so I agreed to get better.I took my last 1mg dose of Xanax on Friday the 12th and a yellow kolonopin on Sat morning at 11am. I think I am starting to feel normal,but not sure...looking for some reassurance!!BTW..was perscribed xanax for 7 yrs before Doctor cut me off last year and I started getting it on the street..worst mistake ever!

You know this is going to be a rough ride. Can only suggest to hold on, try and stay as calm as possible, stay hydrated, eat healthy, stay away from stimulants and sugar and allow time to pass. Wish there was more I could offer....really.

Sending you a  :hug:

Just Breathe

My fiance is here..parents live 3 houses away...I really dont want to go to the hospital..hrs waiting for them to give me more benzo's? No thanks

Hi Anna,

your situation is quite serious, IMO you need to get some benzos right away and taper it down to 0 and do it the right way. If, this cannot be done, go to your local er/hospital/medical provider  and ask for meds that help/prevent seizures. These seziures brought  on by the benzos are very destructive and can seriously harm you. Love yourself and take action, CTing off benzos is not recommended and your healing can be delayed and the withdrawls can be quite harsh.

take care!

Im with everyone on this one.. get somewhere to get your meds..........and taper off! cause me too, didnt know the crazzyness, and danger to stop benzos and stopped for 3 days... and i thought i was going to die!!! i shoulda went to the hospital!!! i was shaking,tremors, heart racing, anxiety out the roof.. i then had to try and stabalize.. then started my taper in november..

Wishing you luck, and hope you decide on a more easy, manageable way to get off your benzos.. Its not easy, i know!! been going thru it for 3 and half mnths tapering. :smitten:

Anna,

I will pray for you.  This is not an easy or safe way to come off benzos but it looks like you have no choice.

There are a handful of people who c/t ed here on the board hopefully they will personal message you.

I really wish you could go to the ER just to get enough to taper...or talk to your doctor and explain your situation.

Hope family is there to support you through this.