introduction

[sa...]

can't type much.  I woke up at 4:00 AM with horrible stomach ache, started throwing up at 6:00 and ended around 9:00.  No sleep, think I threw up Trazodone and Neurontin.  Also made the mistake of taking a bit of pepto bismal which I than read has asprin in it.  My skin feels like it's covered by a sunburn that has been stung by jelly fish. How much more can I take?

Sorry to be so needy.

Saraann

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sa...]

• [Pa...]

• [gi...]

• [tr...]

We're all needy, that's why we're here, please don't ever worry about sharing with us how you're feeling!  Do you have a touch of the flu or do you think these are withdrawal symptoms?  I know the burning skin could be withdrawal, but it could also be a fever.  Have you taken your temperature?

Let us know how you're doing, okay?

I think it's a flu, not w/d sx Pam.  I had chills and goosebumps all over my skin, but my temp was normal.  My tummy ache felt more like a regular illness than w/d sx - especially the throwing up part.  I think my sx are worse today because I didn't digest all of my night time dose of meds along with lack of sleep and the pepto didn't help. 

My tummy is feeling a bit better now and I had a little ginger ale and a few saltines.  My skin has also calmed down a bit but taking a bath was sheer torture - the towel, the lotion, everything.  Thankfully mu husband stayed home with me today.  He's such a good guy.

Saraann

Oh wow, the flu on top of benzo withdrawal is the worst!  I don't doubt that you're feeling even worse because you threw up your dose of meds. 

I'm glad your husband stayed home with you, he is a nice guy!  Good for you for getting some ginger ale, I've heard lots of folks talk about the healing qualities of ginger here.

Well, the one thing about the flu is it will pass in a normal fashion, not so with benzo withdrawal.  I hope you feel better soon, I guess you won't be going for a walk today huh?  :(

No, no walk today, I can barely walk from room to room without getting dizzy  :sick:.  No walk tomorrow either  :(

My hubby is so good  :smitten:  Poor guy's been up with me, helped me with my bath, went to the store and changed the sheets on the bed.  I do feel thankful for him, I can't imagine going through this without him.  He's stuck by me through all of this and he always says, "I'll be more than proud to be the guy still there for you on the other side"

I hope you feel better soon, Saraann.  It sucks that you have caught the blasted flu on top of benzo w/d...Grrrrr!!!!!  Get well soon, hun.

Your hubby sounds marvellous.  My hubs has been my rock through all of this and I don't know what I would do without him.  I am so glad that you are blessed to have such a wonderful man by your side...it really makes a huge difference.

Take care of yourself, hun  :smitten:

Hi Sara,

I am just checking in on you today, hoping your flu symptoms are gone. When you are up to it, I would like to hear part 3, I really would.  You should write it all down, get it all out and maybe save it, so you can look back someday and realize how far you have come.  You know that I am not in any position to judge you at all.

I just wrote a bunch of stuff on your blog that I moved to my blog because I did not want to burden you with my stuff.  If you want you can check my blog. Do you know how to get around here yet?

Tree :smitten:

Hi Tree,

My flu is much better today.  No more tummy ache (just the "normal" benzo bloat/discomfort) and no more throwing up but I feel like a wet dish rag, can barely get from room to room today - I feel like a slug - more of a slug than usual.

I still am learning how to move around on the form and I'm not sure how to directly get to your blog.  I know I can look you up and get to your stats page. I can see your newest post as an option from there but I can't see the whole thread.  Please give me instructions when you get a chance as I'm eager to read your stuff.

L,

Saraann

He's stuck by me through all of this and he always says, "I'll be more than proud to be the guy still there for you on the other side"

OMG girl that teared me up. I heard just the opposite. I still long to hear that mine is proud of me. 

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I bet the flu combined w/ w/d was really poopy!

g