Healed after 12 years!

[Mr...]

“Can we please get back to rejoicing in Mrs. B's success?”

The narcissism is knee deep here. This is not about you. Let it go, East.

What Wildflower?

MP, I apologise for the emoticon. You're right, it's not a productive or polite way of dealing with a disagreement.

We all have different coping mechanisms in trying to navigate withdrawal, and we have different ways of expressing that. But ultimately we're all on the same difficult journey. So while I agree with some of your points, and disagree with others, Pamster is right: this is not the place to discuss that.

If you'd like to discuss the posts of mine you feel unhappy about, you're welcome to open another thread, and I'll reply to you there as best I can. There's a good chance we're simply misunderstanding one another's approach and intention. I really wish you the best.

To the OP: Huge respect and congratulations to you...and cheers to a beautiful life! I admire your incredible perseverance and am grateful you shared your story. And I'm so happy for you.

Sincere wishes for everyone's recovery here. May we all move forward steadily in 2020 and do our best to support one another along the way, despite any differences.

Wildflower

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
In two months I'll be 11 years off.  I don't come to BB much anymore but still think of you and your story Mr. B. to give me hope that one day, I'll be okay too.  I have such a weird story in that I was healed at 3 years off for an entire month.  It all came back and has only very slowly dissipated in intensity ever since.  Everyday is still painful, some days more so than others.  I am a survivor, obviously.  Turned 65 recently and hoping that there is a future that includes good days for me too.  Thank you for your story Mr. B.  I hope you are doing so great and are happy and life is good.  We sure deserve it.  Everyone that has had to endure here on BB, such horrific suffering, sure do deserve some good. 

• 3 months later...

It happens for 'EVERYBODY' given time and staying off  benzos and 'ALL' chemical crap!

Mr. B

Amazing your story and healing timeline. Truly reassuring for those, like me, who think could never heal. Thank you so much for your words.

Yes,this scares me too.  I did a Valium taper of 18 months and jumped off at 5 mg when I was hospitalized.  I am now 23 months off and still sick, benzo flu, tinnitus, malaise. I am scared because I am 68 now and don't have another 8 years, I want to live my life.  I really can't do this for too much longer.  I hope and pray I have a break through at 36 months like a lot of people here do.  Geez, I'm so weary.

Thank you Mr. B.  I appreciate you coming back to inform us that Healing was possible even after a great deal of time.  Your recovery was hard won, but you Won!  I see this as a positive story.  I hope it won't take me that long, but if years go by and I am still not well your experience will remain in the back of my mind as a beacon of hope.

• 1 month later...
Bumping this for us in long term recovery. Even if it takes as long as this (God I hope not) it lets us know there is a good outcome. At first this success story scared me but I KNOW my day will come where I can walk away from this and not look back. My intuition and this inspiring story tells me this.

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know how to contact this buddie? I’m experiencing exactly what they went through and need support! Or anyone else like them?? Thank you

• 1 month later...

Congrats on your healing journey and success!  You are a strong person.

Success stories like this can be scary, too.  No one wants to struggle for literally years and years.  In fact, almost no one does!  It is so rare.  So, please do not read this amazing story and imagine you are also going to suffer for years. 

The scariest stories are here on BB.  The other half never come here.  Because they didn't struggle enough to seek this support.  They tapered, withdrew, healed and moved on.  Some never even have withdrawals, or mild. 

So for those who are suffering PAWS, know healing happens.  Usually much faster than this.  And for the majority of  us who never suffer PAWS, healing happens much much faster. 

[fa...]

The scariest stories are here on BB.  The other half never come here.  Because they didn't struggle enough to seek this support.  They tapered, withdrew, healed and moved on.  Some never even have withdrawals, or mild. 

This is true. I have cold-turkeyed many times before with no percievable withdrawal symptoms, and tapered twice, and was asymptomatic both times, until I took huge rescue doses. I  would've remained asymptomatic had I simply restarted the taper after my basically cold-turkey. Wish I'd found this forum back in the days when I could cold-turkey with impunity.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Still waiting for my day to come... and I know it will. I'm giving this a bump for those of us in it for the long haul.  8)

Still waiting for my day to come... and I know it will. I'm giving this a bump for those of us in it for the long haul.  8)

Thanks for doing that today. Same.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Bumping this thread again. Almost 8.5 years off and getting tiny little glimpses into what's to come. (I'll probably get slammed by a wave just because I said that.) The clock keeps ticking but no windows yet. Getting closer still...  8)

Bumping this thread again. Almost 8.5 years off and getting tiny little glimpses into what's to come. (I'll probably get slammed by a wave just because I said that.) The clock keeps ticking but no windows yet. Getting closer still...  8)

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

One of my favorite success stories  :smitten:

Closing on 5 years and still trapped in a 'broken mind'  :'( can't wait to get glimpses of the life ahead, but thankful for everything that helps to keep the hope alive. Thank you  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

How you are doing now Julz. I am almost 6 years off since first, original wd but I don't think it counts anymore, cause in betwen a lot of happened, I went back not by my will, smoked weed and drank, then pollydrugged again for a year or so so, ct too many times, then got off everything again. I don't believe anymore in anything. Lost everything and obviously didn't have anything in first place.

Too hard to believe in anything.

:laugh:  Story of my life.....

How you are doing now Julz. I am almost 6 years off since first, original wd but I don't think it counts anymore, cause in betwen a lot of happened, I went back not by my will, smoked weed and drank, then pollydrugged again for a year or so so, ct too many times, then got off everything again. I don't believe anymore in anything. Lost everything and obviously didn't have anything in first place.

Too hard to believe in anything.

You just need to believe in yourself.  Believe that you took the first step towards a better tomorrow.  It all looks very gloomy where you are at,  but you’ll get snippets of feeling semi-okay when the worst bit is over.  Just keep going!