Healed after 12 years!

[Mr...]

How do you get in touch with all these people? Una corbett, etc etc?

i have Una Corbett's direct line if calling from the States. i always say to people that you can send me a PM if you'd like her direct line.

• 2 months later...

Hi Mr B ...congrats on your success story .. thank you..may I ask you if you had severe nerve symptoms and muscle issues that lingered for many years...I am going on 8 1/2 years off cold turkey from being on Klonopin was only on it for four and halfs MONTHS only ..nerve had any symptoms prior to that drug wasn't on any other drugs prior or after in my entire life ..and I am still suffering ...the symptoms are the same but changes with intensity ..I had windows but the past year it's not as many ...I am very functional ..no medical issues at all not one ..all tests come back perfect I had many many tests done ..no explanation why I am dealing with these symptoms ...my sumptons are literally entire body exact same time same intensity and when they change they change exact same time and intensity and when it stops same pattern ..were you bad off at 8 years ...was it physical ..I don't have mental never did .except I still get anxiety cones and goes never had that either in my entire life until benzo ..thank you for reading ..

Hello friends,

I would just like to first say Merry Christmas to all you brave long term survivors. Your day is coming,  you will recover,  and if that wasn't a fact,  I would not waste my time in giving false hope to all of you. The simple fact is.. I was told by many,  including Professor Heather Ashton..  that I would recover..  and I did..  and you all will too. Time is the healer here and nothing else.

helpme123:  I had very bad nerve and muscle problems at 8 years off and for a few years after.  It was probably 10+ years until things started to ease for me and I could see that my recovery was right around the corner. I firmly believe that crazy time frames like mine are why some people say that this is permenant.  It is not permenant,  it is just we are all different and all our recoveries will unfold differently and at different time frames.  You'll be fine..  Hang in there! 

Please..  if you are reading this don't think your recovery will unfold like mine..  'IT WONT'  I am a very,  very rare case.  Hold on to the fact that you could wake up tomorrow and be recovered. I seriously and sincerely mean this!

Kind regards to all,

Mr. B

• Love 1

God Bless you Mr. B!

I am 8 years off and in one of my worst waves yet of nerve pain mong other things and was losing hope that the nerve pain would ever heal. Thank you for replying to help me question on the nerve pain. It was just the Christmas present I needed! I was seriously considering Lyrica or Neurontin last night because my last and most constant symptoms are severe nerve pain and I was starting to believe it was permanent damage. Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and God bless you always. Thank you for the encouragement. I’m almost 4 years off and still dealing with extreme muscle stiffness in neck and shoulder area, but the rest of the 20 plus symptoms have either healed or improved significantly and for that I am very grateful.

Merry Christmas mr B and God bless you!

Thank you so much for coming back to give us hope and encouragement. I am eight years out and still have some sxs and nerve pain is one of them. Seeing and reading your post is the best Christmas present ever for me. Please keep stopping by. We all need to read posts like yours. You have helped me to believe that I will heal in time.

Your story is much like mine. And we both recovered. You are incredibly lucky to have a spouse who supported you all along. I had only one friend, and he had psych issues himself. But we managed somehow. Healing from benzos can be the longest, hardest journey you ever make. Was for me and you. But, our stories prove that even the "worst cases" DO heal, given enough time.

It took me over 5 years to feel like a SORT OF normal human, but even then I had lingering symptoms. I went CT in 2012. Even now I have a couple weird lingering symptoms, but because I am used to them now, I function quite well. Nothing I cannot handle.

I am so glad you recovered. Your story, and mine, and many others, serve as models for new people, who dont know what they may be up against. I consider it sort of a civic duty to try to help others here.

east

i really feel like i am a very severe worst case here because i still have so many debilitating neurological symptoms that still kinda keep me down most of the time and i am almost 7 years now. i still have head symptoms and full body neuropathy and my walking is so very difficult and seems like it never changes and i wait and i wait and i wait every morning for some kind of change at least i my walking and it seems to just stay the same.

i do feel like i am a case that could take 12 years or even more. i really do. i won't be surprised if i am still with symptoms at the 20 year mark. i know this sounds scary and depressing to you guys but i have done 16 cold turkeys in my life and that does not count all the other rapid tapers i've done. i know my brain kindled but i sure hope that i will at least have more improvements as i do still have some improvements.

but Mr. B's story does help me a bit.

Hello friends,

I would just like to first say Merry Christmas to all you brave long term survivors. Your day is coming,  you will recover,  and if that wasn't a fact,  I would not waste my time in giving false hope to all of you. The simple fact is.. I was told by many,  including Professor Heather Ashton..  that I would recover..  and I did..  and you all will too. Time is the healer here and nothing else.

helpme123:  I had very bad nerve and muscle problems at 8 years off and for a few years after.  It was probably 10+ years until things started to ease for me and I could see that my recovery was right around the corner. I firmly believe that crazy time frames like mine are why some people say that this is permenant.  It is not permenant,  it is just we are all different and all our recoveries will unfold differently and at different time frames.  You'll be fine..  Hang in there! 

Please..  if you are reading this don't think your recovery will unfold like mine..  'IT WONT'  I am a very,  very rare case.  Hold on to the fact that you could wake up tomorrow and be recovered. I seriously and sincerely mean this!

Kind regards to all,

Mr. B

Thank you so much for this.  I think of you often Mr. B.  I hope you're doing really well.  Bless you.  :smitten:

Thank you so much Mr B . You gave me and alot of us here alot of hope especially around Christmas Time ...were all so greatly appreciative of your replies to us and the fact we were not alone suffering this far out and knowing that there is a Miracle for us to all heal ...God Bless you and your family ..and Merry Christmas and have a happy New Years ((hugs))

Love Laura ( helpme123)

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write me .. Entirely gtewtful Mr B... God Bless you ...there's so many long term suffers that needed this encouragment and the surviving ones that recovered is far from few that takes the time to let others know that they recovered ..I understand that once they as yourself recover that you need to move on ..Understandable so...but again I thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul you took the time of your precious time to come back ...You are an amazing person as well as your beautiful wife ...thank you to both of you ...Merry Christmas again and Happy New year's from all of us that are extremely greatdul for your success story ..Love Laura (help me 123))

• 2 months later...

Hello friends,

helpme123: I had very bad nerve and muscle problems at 8 years off and for a few years after.  It was probably 10+ years until things started to ease for me and I could see that my recovery was right around the corner. I firmly believe that crazy time frames like mine are why some people say that this is permenant.  It is not permenant,  it is just we are all different and all our recoveries will unfold differently and at different time frames.  You'll be fine..  Hang in there! 

Kind regards to all,

Mr. B

Hi Mr. B.,

I just came back to your success story to see if you too had the muscle/nerve pain issue which I deal with.  I'm coming up to 10 years off and it's kinda freaking me out that I'm still here on BB.  I really hope that I follow in your footsteps and that I'm done with this pain in a couple more years time.  Thank you for the hope today and I hope your life continues to feel good.  :)

Hello friends,

helpme123: I had very bad nerve and muscle problems at 8 years off and for a few years after.  It was probably 10+ years until things started to ease for me and I could see that my recovery was right around the corner. I firmly believe that crazy time frames like mine are why some people say that this is permenant.  It is not permenant,  it is just we are all different and all our recoveries will unfold differently and at different time frames.  You'll be fine..  Hang in there! 

Kind regards to all,

Mr. B

Hi Mr. B.,

I just came back to your success story to see if you too had the muscle/nerve pain issue which I deal with.  I'm coming up to 10 years off and it's kinda freaking me out that I'm still here on BB.  I really hope that I follow in your footsteps and that I'm done with this pain in a couple more years time.  Thank you for the hope today and I hope your life continues to feel good.  :)

Whoopsie you are not alone hang in there

I'm coming up on 12 years benzo free. On may 5, 2005 I was cold turkeyed in the hospital. It was the most horrific and unforeseen event in my life and it has changed me as a human being forever. Slowly, very slowly over 1-5 benzo free years my symptoms waxed and waned until at 5 years benzo free my life was about 80% of what I was pre-benzo. Life was good but not great for a few months. The unrelenting horror, mental anguish and general displeasure for life had abated but the physical symptoms were still alive and well... just milder and I expected them to all abate as well as time marched on.

At almost 6 years benzo free the flood gates reopened again and I was cast back into what I would call acute benzo withdrawal! It was just as bad as the beginning if not worse... as a matter of fact a lot worse! All the progress I made was suddenly gone and I was left a 40 year old man with a wife and two kids, a beautiful home crying on the floor with no hope for a future. It nearly broke me as a human being and I was ready to give up.

Luckily I had tremendous support from the person I had been with my whole life...My loving wife. She knew me since high school and knew that this was not the man she married. Luckily she believed in me because I didn't and at 6 years I didn't think recovery was possible. I thought I had permanent brain damage from the ativan and I would never recover.

My wife got busy and contacted many people on my behalf.  Una Corbett, Barry Haslam, Baylissa Frederick (Bliss), and even to professor Ashton herself! They 'ALL' said to my amazement 'HE WILL RECOVER' and 'THIS SOMETIMES HAPPENS'. She even made an account here to talk to people on my behalf (I was too unwell to post then). I'm Mr. B by the way!

The symptoms were very hard up until 11 years benzo free and right now at almost 12 years benzo free my life is brilliant!!!  I can see the light again and feel love, joy, and happiness. I'm 47 years old and have a new lease on life and you will too. Please people believe in recovery...BELIEVE!!!

It happens for 'EVERYBODY' given time and staying off  benzos and 'ALL' chemical crap!

Mr. B

Oh my! I don't have twelve years to heal.... not even six as I am way older than you.  You have scared me now as I am single, have to work and can't be sick and unable to function.  :'( Did you do a quick taper or a slow micro-taper and how long were you on Ativan and what was the dose? Thanks and congrats on your healing!