Author Topic: Healed after 12 years!  (Read 36798 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Healed after 12 years!
« Reply #280 on: October 09, 2019, 09:52:03 pm »
I find it [...] unfair the way some members hijacked this success [...] in order to vent about their situation.  How do you think Mr.B must feel after licking the streets of hell for so long ?

If you don't know the difference between a brutal detox vs tapering ....I suggest its time to do your homework.

Instead of accusing me of lack of compassion....where is yours for him ?

Np.  I removed every comment except for the one I made back in March before my side effects became debilitating. I will not be back and I wish y'all the best in your recovery.  Congrats on your [...].  :-[
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #281 on: October 09, 2019, 10:24:23 pm »
I just realized that even if I make a full recovery, posting it here would likely be met with disbelief and hostility due to my timeline alone :'(

No wonder we have so few success stories for severely protracted people on this site. There's no way would I allow anyone to censor the truth of my own experience, given the extreme nature of what I've had to survive. And yet if I do recover, it's also extremely unlikely that I'd have much interest in subjecting myself to negativity and hostility from others, let alone from a community of fellow survivors, simply because my recovery was extremely protracted, severe, and literally disabling.

I'm so sad this has happened on one of the only success stories on this entire site that still provides [...] and feels at all relevant to me. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of stories on here that can provide [...] for a faster recovery, as this is clearly the norm for the vast majority of people. For those of us who got hit much harder than others and are taking much longer to heal, this is one of only a tiny handful of stories that can still provide us with [...] (including those who are your age or older, [...]). We need more protracted success stories, as there are very few to be found anywhere. No one will bother to come back and write them if this is the response they are met with. Please have compassion and empathy for those whose injury was extensive. Don't take away [...] for recovery from those who have so little left.

If this [...] bothers you, please discuss it elsewhere. Do not diminish the heroic recovery of Mr. B and others who [...] to be like him. This is a true success [...], and a place for celebration and [...] for all of us, not just some of us.

I sincerely [...] this doesn't deter Mr. B from leaving another update, as I truly look forward to them....

What a beautiful and touching post.  Thank you and may you get well soon [...] and everyone of course.   :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #282 on: October 09, 2019, 10:48:55 pm »
I just realized that even if I make a full recovery, posting it here would likely be met with disbelief and hostility due to my timeline alone :'(

No wonder we have so few success stories for severely protracted people on this site. There's no way would I allow anyone to censor the truth of my own experience, given the extreme nature of what I've had to survive. And yet if I do recover, it's also extremely unlikely that I'd have much interest in subjecting myself to negativity and hostility from others, let alone from a community of fellow survivors, simply because my recovery was extremely protracted, severe, and literally disabling.

I'm so sad this has happened on one of the only success stories on this entire site that still provides [...] and feels at all relevant to me. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of stories on here that can provide [...] for a faster recovery, as this is clearly the norm for the vast majority of people. For those of us who got hit much harder than others and are taking much longer to heal, this is one of only a tiny handful of stories that can still provide us with [...] (including those who are your age or older, [...]). We need more protracted success stories, as there are very few to be found anywhere. No one will bother to come back and write them if this is the response they are met with. Please have compassion and empathy for those whose injury was extensive. Don't take away [...] for recovery from those who have so little left.

If this [...] bothers you, please discuss it elsewhere. Do not diminish the heroic recovery of Mr. B and others who [...] to be like him. This is a true success [...], and a place for celebration and [...] for all of us, not just some of us.

I sincerely [...] this doesn't deter Mr. B from leaving another update, as I truly look forward to them....

What a beautiful and touching post.  Thank you and may you get well soon [...] and everyone of course.   :smitten:

I so agree, I love the protracted members. There are so many kind, compassionate, intelligent and thoughtful individuals who make up the protracted community. I practically like every single one of us, myself included. I can't even think of one protracted member I take issue with or find offensive... I love all of us and I wish us all strength, fortitude, solidarity and even more recovery than we imagined or thought possible.

[Buddie]

« Reply #283 on: October 10, 2019, 03:48:45 am »
This is an amazing [...], it really gives me [...]. I had protracted withdrawal for five years and couldn't handle it. I really see that good support systems are helpful. I wish there were some form of AA for this.

[Buddie]

« Reply #284 on: November 05, 2019, 12:05:30 pm »
12 Years A Slave.

Now healed. I'm sure it's like finding home after being lost for years. I'm happy for you. Really!!! But sad too cause im still stuck on the dark side.  I yearn for your relief of mental symptoms like how the rich man trapped in the flames of hell begged Lazarus to dip his fingers in water and give him the drop of water.

Congrats and enjoy your life far away from this hell. God bless 🙏🏽

[Buddie]

« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2019, 11:07:49 pm »
MR B - are you still answering questions?