Author Topic: Healed after 12 years!  (Read 37520 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Healed after 12 years!
« Reply #270 on: October 08, 2019, 03:12:02 pm »
I now don't care how many years it takes me just as long as it ENDS.

:thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #271 on: October 08, 2019, 04:17:34 pm »
I am grateful for this thread as are many protracted people for the [...] it gives us.  We cannot please everyone and we each have our own stories to tell.  Apparently most people don't take this long to get [...].  Not the case for me.  I am 64 years old.  Maybe one day, I too can write a success [...].

There you go.... everyone is in the same box right? Who cares about another human suffering... so keep the thread going and keep patting the OP on the back for a great encouraging post!  I wish they would at least change the title so I don't have to read it and struggle with the thought of another 12+ years of going through this crap! 😡  :sick: :-\

Shh [...].....of course we care about any kind of suffering. ...why on earth you compare your difficult  taper situation with Mr.B's brutal detox or cold turkey is beyond me.

Always adviseable to read the signature first before judging.  ;)

Wish you well and a speedy recovery after your taper.  :smitten:

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #272 on: October 08, 2019, 09:52:53 pm »
I do understand.....I'm 67 and in 12 year I might NOT be alive. [...] it does't take me that long to heal. I'm on
my second attempt to wean off Klonopin ! 12 years of suffering is very discouraging to me. I'm very scared.... please Lord
help me heal  !
So glad you have won the battle and wishing you [...] and love.
Blessing and [...] to all of us !
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:08:35 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #273 on: October 09, 2019, 12:39:40 pm »
Raqual,
I understand 100%. wish all this [...] and your [...]  could go away ! Praying for you and all the others hurting !
My heart hurts for you ! Sending you love, and [...] thoughts. May the Lord bless you and help you heal and give
you courage and strength .
You are loved and sending [...] thoughts.

blessings

[Buddie]

« Reply #274 on: October 09, 2019, 12:54:10 pm »
I find it [...] unfair the way some members hijacked this success [...] in order to vent about their situation.  How do you think Mr.B must feel after licking the streets of hell for so long ?

If you don't know the difference between a brutal detox vs tapering ....I suggest its time to do your homework.

Instead of accusing me of lack of compassion....where is yours for him ?

[Buddie]

« Reply #275 on: October 09, 2019, 01:13:53 pm »
Copied....

'' Hello friends,

I just thought I would drop in and give a little update to my [...], and to share a little advice that may help some of you who are still suffering with this temporary bullshit (the people who say permanent haven't given it enough time).

One thing I must first say is.. that if you are just a few months or a few years into this process of [...], looking at my [...] will not help you at all. When I first came off ativan, I did the exact same thing. I read horror stories all over the internet and it only made things much, much, worse for me. I had to learn to cultivate a mind that ignored all the negative messages that my drug ravaged brain was sending me. This was not easy at first, and it did not happen overnight.. I had to work very hard at it. Do the same for yourself because 'YOU COULD HEAL TOMMOROW' and that is a proven fact!

I didn't write my [...] to scare newcomers into thinking that this will take 12 years. Chances are that in a very short time your brain will rewire itself and you will be [...] than ever.. as I am now. I wrote this [...] for the people out there at 6, 7, 8++ years and counting, to tell them that this ends, and to just hang in there.. EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL RIGHT! Professor Ashton told me in a letter "The good news is that people recover" Keep telling yourself that over and over in your darkest hours.

Since my own recovery, I have found a peace in my life that I never had before. I now appreciate everything good and bad that life has to offer me. Nothing bothers me at all anymore, and I live and love life to the fullest. This mindset was a gift that this awful drug induced horror has given me.. and I don't regret it, and wouldn't change it for the world.

Suffering and recovery can be a great gift, and I believe it means even more to us.. 'the super protracted'. please try to accept and embrace this thought.

Kind regards to all,

Mr. B ''

[Buddie]

« Reply #276 on: October 09, 2019, 01:32:17 pm »
I just realized that even if I make a full recovery, posting it here would likely be met with disbelief and hostility due to my timeline alone :'(

No wonder we have so few success stories for severely protracted people on this site. There's no way would I allow anyone to censor the truth of my own experience, given the extreme nature of what I've had to survive. And yet if I do recover, it's also extremely unlikely that I'd have much interest in subjecting myself to negativity and hostility from others, let alone from a community of fellow survivors, simply because my recovery was extremely protracted, severe, and literally disabling.

I'm so sad this has happened on one of the only success stories on this entire site that still provides [...] and feels at all relevant to me. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of stories on here that can provide [...] for a faster recovery, as this is clearly the norm for the vast majority of people. For those of us who got hit much harder than others and are taking much longer to heal, this is one of only a tiny handful of stories that can still provide us with [...] (including those who are your age or older, [...]). We need more protracted success stories, as there are very few to be found anywhere. No one will bother to come back and write them if this is the response they are met with. Please have compassion and empathy for those whose injury was extensive. Don't take away [...] for recovery from those who have so little left.

If this [...] bothers you, please discuss it elsewhere. Do not diminish the heroic recovery of Mr. B and others who [...] to be like him. This is a true success [...], and a place for celebration and [...] for all of us, not just some of us.

I sincerely [...] this doesn't deter Mr. B from leaving another update, as I truly look forward to them....

[Buddie]

« Reply #277 on: October 09, 2019, 01:36:16 pm »
Thank you Mr. B
For sharing your [...]...so glad you won the fight ! thank you for all the advice and your [...].
I know you understand about the scared feeling we all have. Sometime I just take a break from this site.

Blessings

[Buddie]

« Reply #278 on: October 09, 2019, 01:41:58 pm »
Since my own recovery, I have found a peace in my life that I never had before. I now appreciate everything good and bad that life has to offer me. Nothing bothers me at all anymore, and I live and love life to the fullest. This mindset was a gift that this awful drug induced horror has given me.. and I don't regret it, and wouldn't change it for the world.

Suffering and recovery can be a great gift, and I believe it means even more to us.. 'the super protracted'. please try to accept and embrace this thought.

This thought alone has brought me through some very rough times in the past year. I'm so grateful for your generosity, Mr. B.

[Buddie]

« Reply #279 on: October 09, 2019, 02:29:31 pm »
Agree thank you Mr. B