Author Topic: Healed after 12 years!  (Read 35987 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Healed after 12 years!
« Reply #260 on: September 20, 2019, 10:21:03 pm »
Thanks for all of the posts in this thread.

I am wondering if those of you who have had set backs can site any one thing that might have instigated the huge setback.

I am convinced that many antibiotics will do this to us.  High stress and an illness.  Anything?  So fascinating to try to understand.

Thanks for any replays.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #261 on: September 20, 2019, 11:04:37 pm »
This is just my personal opinion but I do not think most antibiotics affect us a bit. The floroquinolones, yes, maybe. (And I cannot spell that word! LOL!) I took prescribed Amoxicillin during acute wd without any troubles.

I was not truly bed ridden that first ugly year post cold turkey. I personally cannot stand being inactive. I forced myself to get out of bed and DO something, just to get my mind off withdrawal woes. I never advise people to lie in bed, because it just makes you focus even MORE on how awful and scared you feel. Get up, get busy, doing something, anything that gets your mind OFF benzos and onto something else. [...] wd is not an illness. It is a temporary condition, and bedrest is NOT needed and may hurt one by NOT being semi active. I know you feel awful!!! All of us do. This damn condition can make you assume you have gone plumb nuts, or have some dreadful weird disease.
But you haven't. Its pure [...] withdrawal for the vast majority.
Never give up, people.
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #262 on: September 20, 2019, 11:32:08 pm »

I am wondering if those of you who have had set backs can site any one thing that might have instigated the huge setback.

I am convinced that many antibiotics will do this to us.  High stress and an illness.  Anything?  So fascinating to try to understand.

Thanks for any replays.

[...]

I had a setback from alcohol ... just a couple of drinks was enough to throw me back into w/d agony for a very long time.  I've been on antibiotics a few times (Clindamyacin) and didn't have an issue.  We are all individuals and what may cause harm to one may not to another.  Still it's very wise to be cautious about what is ingested.  Oh and yes, stress exacerbates my [...].  I also used to be made much worse by any ingestion of MSG or glutamate in some foods ... thankfully that doesn't happen too much anymore although I still have to be careful.  You might want to start a thread on the topic where your question will probably get more replies. 

Edited to fix a spelling error.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 11:43:41 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #263 on: September 20, 2019, 11:40:31 pm »
[...], I stopped smoking this year. Switched to an fairly innocuous  cig ( or so I [...]!) I no longer take about 12 pills a day. I only take 4, and all of them for hypertension.
You have been on BB a long time, like me. How are you doing these days??
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #264 on: September 20, 2019, 11:56:22 pm »
[...], I stopped smoking this year. Switched to an fairly innocuous  cig ( or so I [...]!) I no longer take about 12 pills a day. I only take 4, and all of them for hypertension.
You have been on BB a long time, like me. How are you doing these days??
[...]

Congrats on stopping smoking [...] but you switched to something else?  Gratefully I managed to stop smoking too, just celebrated 5 years off those.  Originally I switched to herbal cigs which were dreadful (taste and smell) and after 4 or 5 months of that, I quit all together.   :)

I came to BB at 2 years off everything, and very much suffering.  Prior I'd been on another forum that closed down.  I am still not recovered but sure am a way lot [...] than I used to be, thank you for asking.  I can really tell I'm improving now and I hang on to [...] that I'll feel somewhat normal at some point because of Mr. B's success [...].  It depends what time of day you talk to me what kind of answer you'll get to this question.  That is the nature of this condition.   :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #265 on: September 21, 2019, 03:52:56 am »
Dear [...]:

There is no doubt in my mind that other antibiotics can cause acute symptoms when taking benzos.  It is no coincidence
that I had a severe debilitating experience when taking amoxicillin 7 year ago and then doxycycline  put me into the hospital with
two  NSTEMi heart attack, twice.  It cannot be a coincidence that in 7 years both of these incidents happened on day two of the antbiotic
prescription.  Of course, no doctor caught this and I  was sent home after dozens of tests with no conclusion.  It has taken me years to
understand that I was also in [...] tolerance but these two incidents wiped me out. 

These drugs are, in fact  negative allosteric modulators of the GABA-a neurotransmitters  just like fluoroquinolone antibiotics. 
These drugs displace the GABA neurotransmitters and that is the very worst thing we can do when we are already struggling with benzos
down regulating the GABA system.  This is a very good list of meds, supplements, fumes, etc. people currently taking benzos or who are still tapering should avoid.  I will, avoid them for as long as possible and I am 4 months post tapering.

Here is a link if you are interested in actually knowing what the negative modulators are.  Thee are antagonists as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:GABAA_receptor_negative_allosteric_modulators

I [...] this will shed some light on how harmful other ABs can be for people here on BBs.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2019, 03:58:51 am »

Thanks for any replays.

[...]

I had a setback from alcohol ... just a couple of drinks was enough to throw me back into w/d agony for a very long time.  I've been on antibiotics a few times (Clindamyacin) and didn't have an issue.  We are all individuals and what may cause harm to one may not to another.  Still it's very wise to be cautious about what is ingested.  Oh and yes, stress exacerbates my [...].  I also used to be made much worse by any ingestion of MSG or glutamate in some foods ... thankfully that doesn't happen too much anymore although I still have to be careful.  You might want to start a thread on the topic where your question will probably get more replies. 

Edited to fix a spelling error.

How long were you healed when you drank??? That is horrible it set you back [...] bad!

[Buddie]

« Reply #267 on: October 08, 2019, 02:51:31 am »
I am grateful for this thread as are many protracted people for the [...] it gives us.  We cannot please everyone and we each have our own stories to tell.  Apparently most people don't take this long to get [...].  Not the case for me.  I am 64 years old.  Maybe one day, I too can write a success [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #268 on: October 08, 2019, 05:55:46 am »
Donít read threads that upset you. We can all choose what we read. This thread has kept a lot of protracted people going, including me. The truth is most people feel a lot [...] after a year or two, but some donít, and for a minority it can go on for a very long time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #269 on: October 08, 2019, 07:16:07 am »
I now don't care how many years it takes me just as long as it ENDS.